2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else already turned in all their immunization, BLS cert, etc yet? I’ve sent everything in and haven’t heard anything from Betsy so just wondering if i need to reach out.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what are some good apartments that are around Auburn for the medical students?
Hello, I am sorry for replying late. There are few apartments around auburn that are cheap, and nice. I currently live in Magnolia. We have a lot of VCOM students here. Thi place is good for the price and they have security going around 24/7 so it is safe. Then, there are Samford apartments, eagle west, evergreen as well. If you don't mind being a little far from campus then the greens and fairways are good apartments. LMK if you want any further details. If you do decide to pick magnolia however lmk, I can refer you and get both of us deals :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if stethoscopes are included or if we have to buy our own? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if stethoscopes are included or if we have to buy our own? Thanks in advance!
They give it to you at white coat ceremony. However, if you want to buy your own, you can.

Reactions: 1 user
They give it to you at white coat ceremony. However, if you want to buy your own, you can.
Do you recommend buying your own? If so, are there any particular models that you would recommend?

Do you recommend buying your own? If so, are there any particular models that you would recommend?
TBH, you will be fine using the one they give you at the white coat and you won't be using it until the end of the first year. So it Is probably safe to wait on it. And it is on personal preference. I think you should wait and try the one they give you and if you don't like it then get your own.

This cycle is causing many of us so much anxiety for sure. Totally get that COVID has affected every aspect of this cycle. Anyone know how far into the spring they will have interviews? Beginning to lose hope :cryi:

This cycle is causing many of us so much anxiety for sure. Totally get that COVID has affected every aspect of this cycle. Anyone know how far into the spring they will have interviews? Beginning to lose hope :cryi:
When I asked they said they will continue to have interviews through April

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in 10/28. So 3 months and no official response. I called them a few weeks ago and they told me my app was still under review. When I interviewed they said they hadn’t WL anyone yet, so I‘m guessing they never plan on officially WL anyone this cycle.

I interviewed back in 10/28. So 3 months and no official response. I called them a few weeks ago and they told me my app was still under review. When I interviewed they said they hadn’t WL anyone yet, so I‘m guessing they never plan on officially WL anyone this cycle.
Well I finally heard back after 3 months but it was a rejection.

Good luck to everyone else

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got admitted to a couple of schools and am trying to get a better feel for VCOM-Auburn. Do any of yall have insights into how good the rotations are, lifestyle, and outcomes?

Got admitted to a couple of schools and am trying to get a better feel for VCOM-Auburn. Do any of yall have insights into how good the rotations are, lifestyle, and outcomes?

I think VCOM has a few things going for it. Tuition is cheaper than a lot of other DO schools. It's located next to Auburn University, so more opportunities for research. The core rotation sites are mostly rural hospitals, but that can be good or bad depending on what specialty you're interest in.

Hey guys! I am a current ambassador for VCOM-Auburn. I am a first-year medical student. If you have any specific questions or any questions, please let me know. I will be more than happy to help. Also, I might request the admission team to set you a video call to show you around the campus and stiff with the current students. If you want to see that, Just hit a like on this post. Congrats to those who got accepted and those who are waiting for an interview, don't worry there is still a lot of interviews invited that will go around. It is open until April - May.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they are waitlisting people this cycle?

Does anyone know if they are waitlisting people this cycle?
I don’t know if they’re officially doing it. I was “under review” for 3 months before getting rejected. Though maybe they just started.

Hey guys! I am a current ambassador for VCOM-Auburn. I am a first-year medical student. If you have any specific questions or any questions, please let me know. I will be more than happy to help. Also, I might request the admission team to set you a video call to show you around the campus and stiff with the current students. If you want to see that, Just hit a like on this post. Congrats to those who got accepted and those who are waiting for an interview, don't worry there is still a lot of interviews invited that will go around. It is open until April - May.
Have not heard back from VCOM-Auburn. cGPA 3.75, sGPA 3.68 UF as a NCAA gymnast. went to cirque du soleil for 3 years and did a medical microbiology masters while traveling the world - south america and europe. Masters thru UF GPA 3.86. Shadowed 3 doctors including a DO. Lots of volunteer including Diabetes camp and working with special needs in adaptive gymnastics. Have not heard a peep from VCOM auburn...what should I do next?

• Wow
Have not heard back from VCOM-Auburn. cGPA 3.75, sGPA 3.68 UF as a NCAA gymnast. went to cirque du soleil for 3 years and did a medical microbiology masters while traveling the world - south america and europe. Masters thru UF GPA 3.86. Shadowed 3 doctors including a DO. Lots of volunteer including Diabetes camp and working with special needs in adaptive gymnastics. Have not heard a peep from VCOM auburn...what should I do next?
Depending on when you sent an application in, it may take up to 2-3 months for them to get back. If you haven't hear anything back in 3-4 months then reach out to the admission team and ask them to see what else you can do.

Is there like a list of interview questions for VCOM-Auburn anywhere? I checked on sdn but there wasn't a lot of questions on there..

Is there like a list of interview questions for VCOM-Auburn anywhere? I checked on sdn but there wasn't a lot of questions on there..
I don't remember any specifically, but they don't throw any curve balls. Know why you want to attend a DO school, why VCOM specifically, and why you want to be a doctor.

Look on quizlet. I used someone’s deck of interview questions to prep. However, VCOM-Auburn’s interview was the most conversational interview I had so far. You really just need to prepare for general questions (Why DO, why VCOM, etc) and maybe know some things about your interviewers to keep the conversation going.

Hey! Thank you for reaching out and being a resource for prospective students. Just had a quick question- do you know when they hold committee meetings? or if they already had one recently?

Hey! Thank you for reaching out and being a resource for prospective students. Just had a quick question- do you know when they hold committee meetings? or if they already had one recently?
Committee meetings are usually held once a month (sometimes twice, but usually once) on what is usually the first or second Monday. They usually send interview invites / acceptances out on Tuesday and Wednesday following the monday.

Any specific questions you remember?
Nothing particular that stood out or was really challenging. It's an open file interview so we just discussed my application and the program. Typical interview questions with a lot of room for easy conversation.

Just got the call!! Accepted! Interviewed 2/17

Reactions: 1 users
Depending on when you sent an application in, it may take up to 2-3 months for them to get back. If you haven't hear anything back in 3-4 months then reach out to the admission team and ask them to see what else you can do.
Applied Sept and sent an update with final grade for Physic 2 an A. Have not heard anything. Would love to have interviewed as sports medicine is a passion with OMM. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Applied Sept and sent an update with final grade for Physic 2 an A. Have not heard anything. Would love to have interviewed as sports medicine is a passion with OMM. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Yeah. I would just reach out and ask if there is anything else that is needed or any updates they can give you.

I don't interview until March 11th... I have one other acceptance but am really interested in continuing research in medical school, so VCOM-Auburn is definitely appealing. I feel like with such a late interview, most of the spots will already be filled. Is that a reasonable assumption?