2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone seen VCOM Carolinas match list for 2021?

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my A here today, hope someone here gets off the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when we can expect more movement from the waitlist?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone seen VCOM Carolinas match list for 2021?

No specifics but during my accepted students day, VCOM stated that it was 100% match rate with both specialty and location each student chose.

Just got a call today saying I was accepted off the waitlist! Hoping there’s more movement to come!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations! When did you interview?
I interviewed 3/1 and was waitlisted 3/12. Also on 4/20 I send a letter of interest to the school.

Does anyone know if you can start a new AACOMAS app while your first app is still in progress? I haven't gotten an II or an R from VCOM yet. Not sure if that matters....

I know it’s not accurate to check the Facebook group. But the total members number has been increasing a lot makes me really anxious lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I find it odd that I haven't gotten the axe yet with it being this late in the cycle and its been radio silence since submitting my secondary in the summer... lol

Does anyone know if they are still interviewing? I find it odd that I haven't gotten the axe yet with it being this late in the cycle and its been radio silence since submitting my secondary in the summer... lol
Same. Not sure. Kinda feel like I paid for the secondary just for fun. I’ve even called and emailed with no response. Oof

to accepted/current students: are there any required scrub colors for anatomy lab?

to accepted/current students: are there any required scrub colors for anatomy lab?
Not that we've been informed of. We were told that we'd be given 1 pair of scrubs (and a stethoscope) by some current students.

Does anyone know if we could still expect much waitlist movement? Or at this point will there barely be any movement?

Does anyone know if we could still expect much waitlist movement? Or at this point will there barely be any movement?
They accept people off of the waitlist up until the first day of classes. I know a few people in my class who got accepted in June/July.

-Current first year

No specific color. You’ll get your stethoscope at the White Coat Ceremony in October. We didn’t get our scrubs until January (not sure if this was standard or delayed due to covid). Just buy cheap scrubs, you’ll want to throw them out after anatomy lab is done. Nobody wears expensive scrubs like Figs.

No specific color. You’ll get your stethoscope at the White Coat Ceremony in October. We didn’t get our scrubs until January (not sure if this was standard or delayed due to covid). Just buy cheap scrubs, you’ll want to throw them out after anatomy lab is done. Nobody wears expensive scrubs like Figs.
Do you by chance know if there is a VCOM Anki Deck that aligns with the block calendars and exam format?

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck!
Do you know what the deadline is for withdrawing your application for this cycle? I thought it was kind of late and was beginning to think there wouldn't be any more movement.

Do you know what the deadline is for withdrawing your application for this cycle? I thought it was kind of late and was beginning to think there wouldn't be any more movement.
You mean withdrawing an acceptance? I’m pretty sure you can up until the day classes start. You just don’t get your deposit back.

I just got the A call yesterday. A bit late but I'm super excited about this :3. For the Fb group, do they send out the invite after receiving the deposit?

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone speak on the format of classes this year now that things are beginning to go back to the way they were pre-COVID. Will lectures be in person or recorded? Will they be mandatory if they are offering them in person? How much other time is required on campus for anatomy, clinical skills, simulation work, etc? Also, how often are exams/quizzes?

Does anyone know when the school will update the calendars? It is still 2020 calendars on the website