2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone I have a question about making a campus preference. I’m planning to put down that “I prefer my #1 choice but am open” but since it’s so late in the game I feel like I should mark that I’ll take the first available. I have a preference but at this point I’ll go the school that will have me . What do you all think ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone I have a question about making a campus preference. I’m planning to put down that “I prefer my #1 choice but am open” but since it’s so late in the game I feel like I should mark that I’ll take the first available. I have a preference but at this point I’ll go the school that will have me . What do you all think ?
I think any of them will be fine. If you are a candidate that they want, they are still going to try and find a place for you. I think, the first will be fine tbh cause it shows that you are open to go anywhere anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
I think any of them will be fine. If you are a candidate that they want, they are still going to try and find a place for you. I think, the first will be fine tbh cause it shows that you are open to go anywhere anyway.
Thank you for you reply! I’m so nervous about this app. I just got it last week and I know it’s late but I’m holding on to hope . Do you know if cutting and pasting will really mess up the formatting? I am editing in word copying to the notepad then pasting it using plain text into the application site . What was your experience with this ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for you reply! I’m so nervous about this app. I just got it last week and I know it’s late but I’m holding on to hope . Do you know if cutting and pasting will really mess up the formatting? I am editing in word copying to the notepad then pasting it using plain text into the application site . What was your experience with this ?
Yeah, it is late; so just keep in mind that it may negatively impact your application, but if they gave you a secondary, then they are interested in who you are!

To be honest, I do not remember exactly what I did. I am pretty sure I copied and pasted, and then looked at it like a hawk to make sure there were not any pasting errors. But at this late in the game, just retyping word-for-word what you have written may be the better option.

Yeah, it is late; so just keep in mind that it may negatively impact your application, but if they gave you a secondary, then they are interested in who you are!

To be honest, I do not remember exactly what I did. I am pretty sure I copied and pasted, and then looked at it like a hawk to make sure there were not any pasting errors. But at this late in the game, just retyping word-for-word what you have written may be the better option.
Thank you again for your reply . It really means a lot ! I will just retype everything if it does nothing else it will at least ease my nerves knowing I left no room for error . Thanks again

Has anyone heard back in regards to interviews conducted on 2/9? They said 2-3 weeks and it'll be 3 weeks tomorrow.

I know this is the wrong thread to ask, but has anybody gotten a II from a secondary given out late...like right around now?

Long time lurker. First post. Applied super late. Submitted aacomas 2/12, received secondary 2/17, marked completed 2/22. Haven’t received an interview yet but I feel like they are interested if they gave me a secondary that quick.

In state SC with rural background.
graduated uofsc in 2016 and been working as a MA since so maybe that helps?

cGPA 3.69, sGPA 3.74, MCAT was only 492. But I got a secondary so idk

Reactions: 1 users
submitted my secondary about a week ago (super late I know:/ ) but my portal is still showing my letters of rec and application as incomplete. Is this normal? I assume those get checked of manually and it may take a bit?

Members don't see this ad :)
I
submitted my secondary about a week ago (super late I know:/ ) but my portal is still showing my letters of rec and application as incomplete. Is this normal? I assume those get checked of manually and it may take a bit?
I just got the invite about a week ago and turned it in this week. Mine was updated the next day. As long you put the names and contact info for the letters in AACOMAS I think the application is manually updated. They will send an email when it is completed. If it isn’t updated maybe by sometime next week I would contact them.

Just got the call with an A!!!! So happy to go here!

Reactions: 5 users
If you don't mind me asking, when did you complete your application? and when was your interview?

Completed my application around October, interview was in December (26th I believe). Was waitlisted in January

Rejected PRE-II, but accepted at another DO school thankfully. Good luck to you guys!

Congrats to everyone who got the A, I got a fat WL but I’m still hopeful!

Worst time to ask this but what is the deadline for the secondary? (Im just throwing it out there Ik its way too late)

If I withdraw from Louisiana post interview but before an acceptance decisions would I have to reinterview at the Carolinas location?

I received a voicemail today from admissions asking me to complete the secondary. Did anyone else get this too?

I submitted the primary in mid summer and only received a secondary 2 weeks ago. I didn’t think there was much point at the time thinking that there are probably only a few interviews left.

Does anyone know if it’s worth it at this point to complete a secondary and if interviews are still being held? I just don’t want to waste my money

Thanks!
they wouldnt ask otherwise! my friend interviewed last week and got in this week!

II today, completed secondary back in September. They only offered 2 interviews next week so I’m wondering if that’s the end of their schedule.

Reactions: 2 users
II today, completed secondary back in September. They only offered 2 interviews next week so I’m wondering if that’s the end of their schedule.
According to their website, they interview into April.

Congrats on the II! Mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone been able to find an unofficial match list for 2021? They have not posted an official list to the website.

Has anyone been able to find an unofficial match list for 2021? They have not posted an official list to the website.
Nothing yet. But from the instagram reposts I've seen from them, there were 2 ortho (one at cleavland clinic) and 1 derm

Nothing yet. But from the instagram reposts I've seen from them, there were 2 ortho (one at cleavland clinic) and 1 derm
And a UF derm at that, which is a super competitive program even for high tier MD school applicants. I'm impressed to say the least

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 3/10 or after heard back yet?

I actually got an email yesterday for WL
I still haven't heard back from 03/10 interview... are you from South Carolina? I've heard they prioritize in-state and applicants from their "target areas" before out-of-state.

I still haven't heard back from 03/10 interview... are you from South Carolina? I've heard they prioritize in-state and applicants from their "target areas" before out-of-state.
I’m from Florida

Hello everyone,

I received a phone call from admissions today asking for an II. Is it normal to receive this by phone call?

Just waitlisted. It says in the email you are required to have a DO recommendation letter. Is this still required for this year?

Just waitlisted. It says in the email you are required to have a DO recommendation letter. Is this still required for this year?
I was also waitlisted and very confused by the email?? You'd think they'd change the wording if they waived the requirement.

Waitlisted as well. I heard they were interviewing for WL spots at this point?

Just withdrew my seat. I hope it goes to one of you guys!!

I interviewed on 3/23 btw. When did everyone else interview that was recently waitlisted?

I interviewed 3/25. Anybody know if the WL sees decent movement?

Yesterday during our interviews the dean said they currently do not have any spots in the class

Weird. I just got a call from them offering me an interview but I only applied to the VA campus. It sounds like they're still rolling out IIs. I turned it down so hopefully one of you waiting will get a call next!

Weird. I just got a call from them offering me an interview but I only applied to the VA campus. It sounds like they're still rolling out IIs. I turned it down so hopefully one of you waiting will get a call next!
I believe they are still rolling out interviews bc even though they have offered all the spots they know they will have openings

Just withdrew my acceptance here to stay closer to mhome, hoping one of you gets my spot!