2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@blackbearfox
My friend who made it on the WL but isnt on SDN wanted me to see if anyone knows when there might be some WL movement?
Has your friend checked out this page about traffic rules? Traffic Rules

As people narrow down their choices, spots should open up. Traffic rules state that applicants accepted to multiple schools should decline all but their top 3 by April 15 and select a single school for "plan to enroll" by May 1. These two dates trigger lots of movement.

I speculate that many of the top candidates in our application cycle got a lot of interviews and went to them all (they were free on zoom, vs. $1-2k each for travel and whatnot). Additionally, the stimulus checks, a more passable threshold for the AAMC fee assistance program, and other factors likely caused people to apply for 20-40 schools instead of the traditional 15-25. Therefore it is possible that a disproportionately small number of applicants are holding a large number of acceptances in this cycle (some in the MD/PhD pool with 7-10+, verified by a program director from a different school). I anticipate a large amount of waitlist movement this week and the week following May 1, but this is just speculation. I am just an applicant like you all.

Edit - got a little more specific.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
@blackbearfox

Has your friend checked out this page about traffic rules? Traffic Rules

As people narrow down their choices, spots should open up. Traffic rules state that applicants accepted to multiple schools should decline all but their top 3 by April 15 and select a single school for "plan to enroll" by May 1. These two dates trigger lots of movement.

I speculate that many of the top candidates in our application cycle got a lot of interviews and went to them all (they were free on zoom, vs. $1-2k each for travel and whatnot). Additionally, the stimulus checks, a more passable threshold for the AAMC fee assistance program, and other factors likely caused people to apply for 20-40 schools instead of the traditional 15-25. Therefore it is possible that a disproportionately small number of applicants are holding a large number of acceptances in this cycle (some in the MD/PhD pool with 7-10+, verified by a program director from a different school). I anticipate a large amount of waitlist movement this week and the week following May 1, but this is just speculation. I am just an applicant like you all.

Edit - got a little more specific.
Thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think scholarship info will roll out this week?

Reactions: 1 user
would you mind posting this list if it has changed at all?
1D7BBA7E-3A10-48B1-94F6-4EDE6F6086EB.jpeg

My interpretation is that "in progress" is the waitlist. You have to add it to the accepted and rejected piles to get the total

Has anyone heard from the financial aid/scholarship office yet? getting antsy about having no financial info

Members don't see this ad :)
I have officially withdrawn my acceptance here, I’m wishing you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Email update—

“Scholarship announcements will be made this evening to all incoming students via email. This gives a few days prior to the Choose Your Medical School deadline of 4/30 where students can hold only one acceptance”

Anyone know if the WL is ranked or unranked? Also does anyone know if there will be any movement next week after the April 30th deadline passing or does MUSC typically take a couple weeks into May to start pulling the trigger on the WL?

I am withdrawing my acceptance from here. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Reactions: 4 users
Got accepted earlier today! The waitlist is moving, good luck to everyone and stay positive!

Reactions: 6 users
Do y’all think there will be any WL movement this week or do you think the biggest wave happened last week?

Has anyone heard anything recently? Feel like its been dead silent recently

Could any accepted students be so kind as to letting us know if there have been people going the GroupMe off the waitlist over the last couple weeks?