2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Medical University of South Carolina

Members don't see this ad.

Emailed admissions today. 3.7 GPA is minimum cutoff for OOS, even with strong ties.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think having a cousin in one of their programs at their school & also living essentially on the border of SC warrants close ties?

Hello,

I was wondering if any current students can comment on what are the strongest areas of research at MUSC as I am applying for their MSTP program. Thank you

I think you're right, but I don't see an email with the ID number we need for the link, has anyone else gotten one?
I tried filling out the secondary app and they never asked for an ID other than your AMCAS

Did you pay the $95 and submit it, too? Or would it not let you?
Haven't gone through with payment yet bc I need to call them ab listing colleges/AP credit hours, but will update as soon as I do!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS, submitted in May, no secondary yet?
Have they started sending secondaries yet?

Has anyone gotten in touch with admissions? Sent an email Friday with no response and called today and they didn’t answer.

Has anyone gotten in touch with admissions? Sent an email Friday with no response and called today and they didn’t answer.
I also emailed friday and havent got anything back. At least we're all in this together I thought they hated me especially lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Finally got in touch with someone, secondaries haven’t been released yet. She said look for them in the next week or two.

What about IS? Any cutoff scores ?

IS applicants must have at least a 496 MCAT score to be offered an interview. Anything less than a 502-505 can sometimes cause you to be not be accepted and offered their MCAT prep course instead and if gpa is a problem you might be accepted into their special masters program instead. OOS must have at least a 510 MCAT.

IS applicants must have at least a 496 MCAT score to be offered an interview. Anything less than a 502-505 can sometimes cause you to be not be accepted and offered their MCAT prep course instead and if gpa is a problem you might be accepted into their special masters program instead. OOS must have at least a 510 MCAT.
Ok .. any cutoff for GPA?

A 3.5 and a 510 would get an interview instate if other parts of application is good?

their website doesn’t seem to have a gpa cutoff for IS but I could have overlooked it but generally they consider a 3.4 less competitive so you should have a good chance.

their website doesn’t seem to have a gpa cutoff for IS but I could have overlooked it but generally they consider a 3.4 less competitive so you should have a good chance.
Do they look At cGpa or science gpa too?

Still no secondary for regular MD and I'm IS. Anyone else or should I call?

Still no secondary for regular MD and I'm IS. Anyone else or should I call?

Same here. I'm a reapplicant, and last year I got my secondary on August 20, so I'm expecting they'll start sending within next couple of weeks.

Reactions: 4 users
I spoke with someone yesterday and MD secondaries should be released this week

IS and just got secondary!!

IS secondary received!

For those OOS, did you get a college netID yet or do you have to fill out the close ties form first?

For those OOS, did you get a college netID yet or do you have to fill out the close ties form first?
I am OOS. On their website they state that you won't get a College Net ID# until you submit your secondary. I wasn't able to see mine until I had submitted.

Where did you see the Net ID #? I submitted and did not see one. (IS)
After you submit, you should see a button on the portal called "view form HTML." If you click on that, at the top you will see something that says "form submitted by (8 digit number)." This should be your college net ID#.

Has anyone received a fee assistance code after emailing them the fee waiver? Or is there a way to submit the application without paying?

How did everyone determine their "semester hours" for their university? Does this include AP credits or withdrawals? Or is it only classes that were completed and through the university?

How did everyone determine their "semester hours" for their university? Does this include AP credits or withdrawals? Or is it only classes that were completed and through the university?

I would use whatever the hours are on your verified AMCAS primary

In the test section, is anyone entering anything other than MCAT? Wasn't sure if maybe other options are there only for other types of applications or if maybe for some reason they want old SAT scores and stuff.

Can someone post secondary prompts? I'm still waiting on my primary to verify.

Can someone post secondary prompts? I'm still waiting on my primary to verify.

There are none! You just have to fill out basic information about your demographics, emergency contact, residency, etc.

In the test section, is anyone entering anything other than MCAT? Wasn't sure if maybe other options are there only for other types of applications or if maybe for some reason they want old SAT scores and stuff.
I only entered my MCAT score

Reactions: 2 users
After you submit, you should see a button on the portal called "view form HTML." If you click on that, at the top you will see something that says "form submitted by (8 digit number)." This should be your college net ID#.
This ID did not work for me when I tried to login to check application progress afterwards. Did it work for anyone else?

This ID did not work for me when I tried to login to check application progress afterwards. Did it work for anyone else?
When did you submit your secondary? According to their website it can take up to two business days before you can login to check the status of your application. My ID didn't work for me until this morning (I submitted two days ago).

Last edited: