2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does PCOM take multiple DO letters? Or will they only upload one?

I've got two, both alum, but I think one isn't being added because it may have had an electronic signature. I know PCOM is pretty strict on their letter requirements. My committee and "misc" letter are uploaded, so I'm not sure if the extra DO letter is something that would actually make a difference? I've heard the weight of letters is questionable at best.
THey will upload it but it will NOT show on your portal. Only one misc lor will show and the required letters.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In years past they admissions committee met every 2 weeks. I don’t know how that’s changed with meetings going virtual.

First round of interview invites were sent in early September. They seem to send them out around the 1st-2nd week of each month with about a weeks notice before the interview date.

Admission decisions are made in and sent out via snail mail 3-6 weeks after interview dates.
When they would meet in person they met once a month except after interview season when they would meet as needed to accept new people after a withdrawal. No one was supposed to know when they would meet but you could tell when the office was buzzing getting ready for the meeting. It was usually on a Tuesday and most of the committee would attend.

I asked for an update since I haven’t heard from them in months (since July), they said they didn’t receive my secondary, even though my portal shows everything is paid and everything is received. I immediately called them and they said something look weird on my portal and they will call me back. Still waiting on the call. I guess it wouldn’t hurt for you to call if you are worried about it.
What number did you call? I tried reaching out to them and they said the best way to contact was email.

Members don't see this ad :)
What number did you call? I tried reaching out to them and they said the best way to contact was email.
On the reply email that I got from PCOM saying they didn’t have my secondary, there was a phone number 215-871-6700. I also recommend emailing haha.

On the reply email that I got from PCOM saying they didn’t have my secondary, there was a phone number 215-871-6700. I also recommend emailing haha.
Thank you! I emailed them asking for an update because the portal seemed weird. My letters weren't uploaded on there. I emailed them at [email protected] 2 weeks ago but never heard back. Did you email the admissions office?

Has this school sent out acceptance letters/phone calls?

Anyone who interviewed the week of September 24 get accepted yet? Nearing the 4th week mark and the anxiety is building up lol

Hi everyone! Quick question, does PCOM send out "complete" emails. My portal states all was in on September 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary awhile ago and havnt heard anything.. is there an actual secondary or was it in AACOMAS? When did people hear to create the portal?

I submitted my primary awhile ago and havnt heard anything.. is there an actual secondary or was it in AACOMAS? When did people hear to create the portal?

No actual secondary, the essays were with the primary. You just pay the fee and get the link to the portal for the "secondary." :)

No actual secondary, the essays were with the primary. You just pay the fee and get the link to the portal for the "secondary." :)
Thanks thats what I thought— how long did it take you to receive that email after submitting your primary?

Thanks thats what I thought— how long did it take you to receive that email after submitting your primary?

Here's my timeline with them:
Primary verified 9/24
Email sent 9/28 to inform them that a faculty letter would be coming via email (I had to meet their 3 faculty letter requirement and already met the max of 6 in my AACOMAS app).
Acknowledgment of receipt of my Primary app and the link to the portal to pay the fee was on 9/29.
I paid the fee same day and got an email confirmation.
My LORs were confirmed on the portal on 10/1.

I have not had any changes since. :(

Submitted 10/6, Secondary Received 10/12, Portal Complete 10/19

Is pcom moving very slowly with II's this year?
Things are very different this year. They have to get faculty available and able to interview virtually and decisions make take longer because they are not on campus and trying to get everyone on the same page is a feat even in the best of times. Everyone needs to stop second guessing the process and have ever more patience this year since it is all trial and error.

Reactions: 2 users
Whew! Stressful process indeed. Submitted all my D.O. primaries a few weeks ago ever since being deferred from my only E.D. MD program -- nothing but silence, completion emails, and secondaries for a while.

..but, woke up this morning to an II (to the South Georgia campus)! Immediately confirmed my interview spot. Anyone know much about post-II acceptance rates? From what I've seen, they can be somewhat higher than post-MD rates, upwards of 70-75%.

Reactions: 1 users
how long till you were verified from aacomas do yo get a secondary email from pcom

Quick question - if we submitted a primary here a while ago and see a blank MCAT section for one campus and a filled MCAT section for the other, does that mean anything? Just want to make sure they've received my scores

Anyone who interviewed from the week of September 24 hear back yet? Approaching the 3 week mark and getting anxious lol
Not sure, if someone answered this for you but I interviewed on the 23rd of September and I heard back last week.

Anyone know how receptive PCOM is to status inquiry emails? Submitted my secondary July, no dice yet. Still hoping!

PCOM has not uploaded my third faculty letter. I emailed them three times and called them as well. They were not helpful over the phone and advised me that the email is the best way to contact them. It has been almost a month since my first email. Anyone else have this issue?

PCOM has not uploaded my third faculty letter. I emailed them three times and called them as well. They were not helpful over the phone and advised me that the email is the best way to contact them. It has been almost a month since my first email. Anyone else have this issue?

Yep, at this point, I'm just waiting for them. I think they're just really overwhelmed. But I wasn't verified until 9/24, so I imagine I'm further back in the queue.

Applied a bit late. Did anyone get an II for September/October applications?

Complete 8/15 but there's no status update in my Portal. Is that normal that it looks very plain with no information?

Thank you for the update! Ugh, I'm going to start prepping for an MCAT retake. I want it so bad :((
Wish me luck!

Also good luck to everyone too!! We are in this together.

• Care
Yep, at this point, I'm just waiting for them. I think they're just really overwhelmed. But I wasn't verified until 9/24, so I imagine I'm further back in the queue.

Also, I can second that. I emailed the admissions office general questions about the school and I just got a response after 2-3 weeks.

Does PCOM accept thank you letters? Sorry if this was previously answered! Thanks! Interviewed yesterday and had a great experience!

They accept them but if you are mailing individual letters it will be very difficult for faculty to receive them as most are working remotely and not in the office. This will definitely increase the mail for them to process which is not necessary. You could email them a quick note which may be easier to forward.

In the AACOMAS application, do you have to answer the "brief questions" of what about each campus resonates with you if you did not choose one specific campus?

Has anyone else been complete here (my portal shows all the checkmarks, but I didn't get an official email or anything) since mid-July and not heard anything? I think they mentioned in an info session that they don't send complete emails, but the silence has been making me worried that I might be missing something even though all the checks are there
I’m in the same boat...I think I’ve seen others earlier in the thread too!

Has anyone else been complete here (my portal shows all the checkmarks, but I didn't get an official email or anything) since mid-July and not heard anything? I think they mentioned in an info session that they don't send complete emails, but the silence has been making me worried that I might be missing something even though all the checks are there
are you referring to the AACOMAS portal, or the Pcom banner web.

are you referring to the AACOMAS portal, or the Pcom banner web.
oh sorry was confusing this with the COMP portal! my BannerWeb one just shows a table with dates under "Received" for each row

I have cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.6 & MCAT: 500. OOS. What are my chances? I really hope that I get an ii & an A :(

• Care
I have cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.6 & MCAT: 500. OOS. What are my chances? I really hope that I get an ii & an A :(

There is a tread on SDN for this type of questions. Its called WAMC. Using stats only does not give an accurate representation of your profile. If that tread/forum, you list your extracurricular activities as well as med students, attendings and adcoms can give you a better view of their opinion and the school they attended. There are people with low MCAT/GPA who have received an interview and those with high MCAT/GPA who haven't. Each school per year is different. I think that thread will be beneficial to this question.

I hope you receive some good news regarding your applications. A lot of people, including myself are in this boat.

There is a tread on SDN for this type of questions. Its called WAMC. Using stats only does not give an accurate representation of your profile. If that tread/forum, you list your extracurricular activities as well as med students, attendings and adcoms can give you a better view of their opinion and the school they attended. There are people with low MCAT/GPA who have received an interview and those with high MCAT/GPA who haven't. Each school per year is different. I think that thread will be beneficial to this question.

I hope you receive some good news regarding your applications. A lot of people, including myself are in this boat.
Thank you!! I didn't know! Hope you receive some good news too! :)

Hey yall, I have an interview at PCOM coming up on November 5th and was wondering if ya'll know what the interview format is?