2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know that PCOM has a mmi format and a lot of ethical questions. Are these questions acting scenarios or non-acting?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that PCOM has a mmi format and a lot of ethical questions. Are these questions acting scenarios or non-acting?
It is not mmi format, its just you and three or two interviewers (a panel situation). They just include ethical questions in the interview, so its non-acting!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried calling or emailing adcom about application updates? I havent heard a peep from them since I submitted back in September. Not sure if I should move on from them or not...

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone tried calling or emailing adcom about application updates? I havent heard a peep from them since I submitted back in September. Not sure if I should move on from them or not...

Idk about contacting but I will say it’s far too early to moving on from any school at this point.

I totally feel the same way, I haven’t heard back at all except for the admissions advertisements that make my heart skip a beat! But I know that they have a lot of applicants normally and are usually slow to reach back out and I’m sure the pandemic has made it an even longer process and more challenging for them. So keep the faith in yourself and trust the process!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It is not mmi format, its just you and three or two interviewers (a panel situation). They just include ethical questions in the interview, so its non-acting!
LOL, welp someone told me the wrong thing and I've waster hella time prepping for the wrong format.

• Care
Any current PCOM students lurking on here? I was accepted last week and I am super excited about it, just curious about research at PCOM!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted to the Georgia campus after being a masters student and having strong ties there. Much more interested in the Philly campus, I know they are different adcom's but does anyone know if this has an impact on receiving an interview? Just hoping they can't see it and don't assume I'm a better fit for the Georgia campuses since they have more schools and seats there
I am not completely sure of the answer but I got an interview to the Georgia campus a week after my acceptance to the philly campus. I turned it down bc Philly is my top program but I don't think they "talk" with each other. I had a letter from PCOM ga alum so I don't think they really judge in that way. This is completely anecdotal though so I have no idea if this is 100% true.

II today, complete on 10/12!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got accepted to the Georgia campus after being a masters student and having strong ties there. Much more interested in the Philly campus, I know they are different adcom's but does anyone know if this has an impact on receiving an interview? Just hoping they can't see it and don't assume I'm a better fit for the Georgia campuses since they have more schools and seats there
They can see everything on both ends but there have been many accepted to both campuses. You need to pay your deposits and if accepted to PHL and you want to go there they will transfer the monies.

Does PCOM accept update letters?
They prefer updated transcript and MCAT scores only. They have plenty to do processing applications without having to worry about updating info to files. Remember if you have already been reviewed they will probably not re-review the file based on an update letter.

Really hoping to hear from them soon.. this is my top DO choice and I grew up right around the school. Been feeling good about this cycle and complete here 7/10 so I'm pretty confused

Reactions: 1 users
Really hoping to hear from them soon.. this is my top DO choice and I grew up right around the school. Been feeling good about this cycle and complete here 7/10 so I'm pretty confused
No confusion, they get thousands of applications and you need to fit into their rubrick to be offered an interview. I know part of it is GPA, MCAT but feeder schools also fit in there I believe. It can also depend on who reviews your app if something jumps out at them. You entered a marathon so you need to be patient.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I was wondering if they somehow add to the application summary an upcoming MCAT score after letting them know you are retaking it in January?

I was wondering if they somehow add to the application summary an upcoming MCAT score after letting them know you are retaking it in January?
You release the scores and they will receive in the weekly download from AAMC. It will probably not update on your portal. They may not get until February so they will probably not review until end of February or March and interviews typically end in March.

hi everyone :) just curious.. when will the admissions committee send out the last IIs for the 2020 year? do they send IIs through thanksgiving and christmas break, or is there a certain time when they'll stop until january? not sure if there's a certain answer for this, but just curious to see if anyone has an idea! thank you!

Received my interview invite today, application complete on 9/30. I immediately notified them that I would like to decline the invite as I've already decided on where I will be matriculating. Good luck everyone and hope my interview slot goes to someone that gets in!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
hi everyone :) just curious.. when will the admissions committee send out the last IIs for the 2020 year? do they send IIs through thanksgiving and christmas break, or is there a certain time when they'll stop until january? not sure if there's a certain answer for this, but just curious to see if anyone has an idea! thank you!
The can send out invitations into March depending on response to them. By that time quite a few have already committed to a school and they want to fill their slots. They have a target number to interview, not sure exactly what that is, and will usually interview until end of March.

Did you guys get an email informing you that your file is complete? I did not get anything since the secondary payment confirmation.

Did you guys get an email informing you that your file is complete? I did not get anything since the secondary payment confirmation.
Applicants check their portal. No complete emails are sent.

No, they just say to check the portal. =/

Received my A yesterday (11/19). App submitted 8/3 and interviewed 10/23

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hello all! I was accepted into the PCOM-PHL D.O program on 11/6 . I am also currently in the BioMed program at PCOM-PHL (message me if you have any questions about campus life, the area, etc.) A couple of other accepted students and I were having a hard time finding the FB group (it may be secret?) so we created a FB group that mimics the privacy settings of past PCOM D.O class FB pages. It should be a private, searchable group PCOM-PHL DO Class of 2025. I'm looking forward to connecting with all my future classmates :happy:

Last edited:
  • Love
do you receive anything after you submit your deposit? like info to financial aid, or a myPCOM account or something?

do you receive anything after you submit your deposit? like info to financial aid, or a myPCOM account or something?
A day or two after I paid my deposit I received an email with log-in info for a myPCOM account!

So if I submitted mid-august and still havent heard back is it okay to send them an email asking for an update?

So if I submitted mid-august and still havent heard back is it okay to send them an email asking for an update?
I emailed them last week and was given an automated email stating they do not give updates. :(

Does PCOM send rejections early or do they wait until later in the cycle to inform applicants that they have been rejected? I've been complete since early July and haven't heard a single word from them. I'm trying to stay hopeful but considering my application has been ready to review for 5 months it's starting to be a little discouraging

• Care
Hi everyone!

Current M1 here. I noticed several people are concerned about not hearing back yet and I just wanted to reassure everyone. Applying to med school is a long process and you could hear back tomorrow, next month, or in several months. PCOM receives so many apps each cycle and it takes time to go through them all. I know it’s hard but try to be patient :)

Reactions: 10 users
Completed mid August, II just now! Don’t lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
anybody else have trouble accessing the bannerweb portal today for pcom? it says "you are not authorized" for me.

Stop
You are not authorized to use the Web Information Systems. Please contact the Student Records Office for more information.

anybody else have trouble accessing the bannerweb portal today for pcom? it says "you are not authorized" for me.

Stop
You are not authorized to use the Web Information Systems. Please contact the Student Records Office for more information.
I just tried it and it worked for me.

I have heard everyone is getting a lot of "spam" emails on webinars and such from PCOM. Should I be worried I am not complete if I am not getting them?