2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received, time to work on this one :phantom:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only work you'll have to do is find a credit card that's not a Visa....(y tho?)
Sorry guys I was running at a park when I got the email. It seems like... there are no essays??? I only see that they somehow do not have my mcat scores despite the fact that they are verified with AACOMAS, does anyone else have this issue?

Sorry guys I was running at a park when I got the email. It seems like... there are no essays??? I only see that they somehow do not have my mcat scores despite the fact that they are verified with AACOMAS, does anyone else have this issue?
PCOM admissions manually brings over the necessary items from AACOMAS.
they probably haven't gotten to it yet.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 on the secondary/portal to make the payment!

I believe they lump PCOM-PA and PCOM-S.GA together and PCOM-GA is the only separate one. Hope that helps!

Hoping to get the secondary portal link soon :/

Reactions: 3 users
got my secondary app from them last night too and I sure hope they take my visa haha

Money is money no?

I was pretty surprised to see I got it so late at night though
I used a Visa and it was fine. There's even a Visa option in the dropdown menu for what kind of card you're using. Not sure why they say you can't, but you can lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary fee e-mail....when I log into applicant portal....it says "Campus: Philadelphia" even though I specified S. Georgia interest and applied to PCOM GA, too. Is "Campus: Philadelphia" the default, or is anyone seeing S. GA in that table?

Furthermore, why not lump the 2 GA schools together and have Philly separate? Philly was just by catch of me applying to GA....don't want to fork up $75 if they're only considering me for Philly campus.
I'm the opposite where I'm just interested in PA
I used a Visa and it was fine. There's even a Visa option in the dropdown menu for what kind of card you're using. Not sure why they say you can't, but you can lol.
+1 lol they definitely charged my credit card

Members don't see this ad :)

oh okay that’s good to hear! I haven’t gotten around to accessing the portal yet so wasn’t able to check on it myself

My portal doesnt have a link to submit the $75 fee. Is anyone else having this issue?

anyone else still waiting on the portal link for either or all 3 campuses? (i applied to all 3)

Reactions: 8 users
anyone else still waiting on the portal link for either or all 3 campuses? (i applied to all 3)

Yep. Someone else said that they send them out in waves. Don't worry just yet, I'm sure you will get one soon.

Hey did it show up right away in the portal when you submitted the payment? It has not showed up for me yet. Also, do we just pay for one now and pay for another when we get an email? Is ga admissions email the Georgia campus? I don't think I have received the other PCOM email yet

GA email is georgia campus
I think its one fee per campus meaning three total for all the PCOMs

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for them to mark letters of rec as received? I submitted my PA secondary on 7/6 and its still not marked as received

Hey did it show up right away in the portal when you submitted the payment? It has not showed up for me yet. Also, do we just pay for one now and pay for another when we get an email? Is ga admissions email the Georgia campus? I don't think I have received the other PCOM email yet

It didn’t show up right away for me. I think it took a couple hours. I sent the payment during the middle of the day and in the evening/night of that same day is when it updated. So at least give it a day to update I’d say

AACOMAS verified on June 27th but still no secondary. Should I be concerned?

AACOMAS verified on June 27th but still no secondary. Should I be concerned?
I was verified the 13th and still no secondary. My GPA/MCAT is above average, so I don’t know if we should be concerned just yet.

I was verified the 13th and still no secondary. My GPA/MCAT is above average, so I don’t know if we should be concerned just yet.

Don’t worry! I believe legit just one round of secondary portal invites has even gone out!
I’m sure PCOM will give you the privilege of logging in to pay 75 dollars soon enough haha

Reactions: 2 users
Are we supposed to get emails from both schools? Then we pay the second $75

Are we supposed to get emails from both schools? Then we pay the second $75
You need at least one email so that you can access their portal/payment system. If you see the additional application available, just pay! I didn't wait for the second email.

My LORs have been marked as received!
Submitted July 7th which was the day after I had gotten the secondary portal invite

My DO letter of rec is shown separately under “Additional Information Received” which is a part of the grid that I don’t believe was there before

My LORs have been marked as received!
Submitted July 7th which was the day after I had gotten the secondary portal invite

My DO letter of rec is shown separately under “Additional Information Received” which is a part of the grid that I don’t believe was there before
+1 but for the GA campus oddly enough. I submitted PA on July 6th and it hasn't uploaded for that campus yet.

When did you get the secondary app request? I'm probably freaking out way too much haha but I submitted my app on Thursday.

I was complete yesterday after submitting on 7/6

Ahh okay thank you! There's no reason why they wouldn't ask me to pay what school doesn't want money lmao

I submitted my app in early June and still haven’t received a secondary. Should I be concerned?

I submitted my app in early June and still haven’t received a secondary. Should I be concerned?
I am in the same boat and haven't gotten anything from them yet either.

I am in the same boat and haven't gotten anything from them yet either.

I am also in the same boat. Hopefully we will hear soon! I think they are sending secondaries out in batches. Hopefully we will hear this week!

I am also in the same boat. Hopefully we will hear soon! I think they are sending secondaries out in batches. Hopefully we will hear this week!

I don't have stats to write home about at all and got a secondary/submitted it already. It probably is some random order

Should I be concerned that I've only gotten the secondary portal from Georgia, not PCOM-Philly/South Georgia? Did any of you get one and then have it be a while till you got the other campus secondary?

Should I be concerned that I've only gotten the secondary portal from Georgia, not PCOM-Philly/South Georgia? Did any of you get one and then have it be a while till you got the other campus secondary?
Yes, that happened to me. I got PCOM-PA on the 6th and then didn't get GA until a few days later

@let-me-take-my-mcat If you don't mind me asking, how did you already get 1 rejection from a DO school? I feel like we've just started that's so quick!
I believe that @let-me-take-my-mcat, like me, has a lower GPA. I've been rejected from CUSOM already, pre-secondary. My guess is that they were also screened out somewhere.

Also, has anyone who submitted early not yet received any secondary email from PCOM? I've heard nothing, and I was verified in May.

I believe that @let-me-take-my-mcat, like me, has a lower GPA. I've been rejected from CUSOM already, pre-secondary. My guess is that they were also screened out somewhere.

Also, has anyone who submitted early not yet received any secondary email from PCOM? I've heard nothing, and I was verified in May.

@Sandysanaps yup I got rejected from Campbell pre-secondary.

Oh wow I had no clue they did that so quickly, thank you for sharing you two! Also to answer your question @Grifalicious I also am waiting for an email from PCOM

It seems so random idk how they're doing this, hopefully those who haven't got their secondary will get it sometime this week! Wishing you all the best. <3

Reactions: 3 users
It seems so random idk how they're doing this, hopefully those who haven't got their secondary will get it sometime this week! Wishing you all the best. <3

There is definitely a lot of randomness with large parts of the application process so just something we all gotta deal with haha

for those w/ just the GA option rn, the SGA campus popped up on my portal!

now patiently waiting on Philly...