2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
SG/PA portal just popped up today! Got the GA one 4 days ago. Do I have to submit another secondary fee to this portal if I already submitted one for the GA one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the portal link for the Philly campus. I was beginning to think I was not going to get one because I selected not willing to go to GA campus.

Reactions: 1 users
I just don't get why they have to snail-mail everything. I've heard of someone who got an acceptance letter, but it felt behind a desk or something and they didn't know about it, so they lost the acceptance and had to be a reapplicant. I'm terrified of the letter getting lost.

I just don't get why they have to snail-mail everything. I've heard of someone who got an acceptance letter, but it felt behind a desk or something and they didn't know about it, so they lost the acceptance and had to be a reapplicant. I'm terrified of the letter getting lost.

Mfw it’s 2020 and they still relying that heavily on physical mail

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if a letter from a PI I did research with will suffice as a science faculty letter for PCOM? I only have two science faculty otherwise...

Does anyone know if a letter from a PI I did research with will suffice as a science faculty letter for PCOM? I only have two science faculty otherwise...
They state 3 faculty, two of which being science. I don't know if it counts, but you have the two science anyways so you should be fine

They state 3 faculty, two of which being science. I don't know if it counts, but you have the two science anyways so you should be fine
I called the 3 have to be faculty that taught you in a class and at least 2 from science . The third one has to be faculty but can be nonsciemce

Anyone else have the issue of MCAT scores/LoR not auto-populating on their secondary? I released official MCAT scores from AMCAS so I'm not sure what the hold up is.

Anyone else have the issue of MCAT scores/LoR not auto-populating on their secondary? I released official MCAT scores from AMCAS so I'm not sure what the hold up is.
The letters will not auto populate. They need to review the letters to see if they meet their requirement. They are all working from home so even more patience is going to be needed this cycle as they may have problems with technology from home.

No it won't count. But I believe they only require 2 science faculty so you should be good there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I was wondering if anyone with an AACOMAS fee waiver have received access to the portal?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone with an AACOMAS fee waiver have received access to the portal?

Hi, I received the AACOMAS fee waiver and I have not gotten access to the portal. Very nervous. Submitted on 7/2/20

To those who received an invitation to submit a secondary application fee for the Philadelphia Campus, when did you submit the primary application to PCOM? (I submitted 7/6, and have not heard anything :/ )

To those who received an invitation to submit a secondary application fee for the Philadelphia Campus, when did you submit the primary application to PCOM? (I submitted 7/6, and have not heard anything :/ )

I submitted June 22 and have not heard anything

The letters will not auto populate. They need to review the letters to see if they meet their requirement. They are all working from home so even more patience is going to be needed this cycle as they may have problems with technology from home.
I submitted 7/6 and just had my letters populate for PCOM-PA today!

I submitted my primary June 19th and havent heard anything either ):
PCOM received my app on 6/15 and I only just got the secondary link two days ago so I think they're sending them out in batches and I haven't been able to decipher a pattern except that it's not chronological.

• Haha
PCOM received my app on 6/15 and I only just got the secondary link two days ago so I think they're sending them out in batches and I haven't been able to decipher a pattern except that it's not chronological.

I’ve heard they have all the primaries on a dart board and are throwing blind

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I submitted my primary on 5/28, it was verified on 5/29, they received my app 6/15, and I received PCOM's portal link on 7/6, so three weeks wait time for me

I was verified 6/27, so I'm guessing a couple more weeks before I receive my secondary.

Anyone know if PCOM screens?

nope they don’t screen, secondary for everyone!

I submitted my primary on 5/28, it was verified on 5/29, they received my app 6/15, and I received PCOM's portal link on 7/6, so three weeks wait time for me
Did you get an email from PCOM saying that they received your application? My AACOMAS was verified on 6/15 but I never received an email from PCOM.

I have yet to receive the secondary/payment request and I submitted July 10th and I was verified late May.

Did you get an email from PCOM saying that they received your application? My AACOMAS was verified on 6/15 but I never received an email from PCOM.
Im with you here. Primary submitted a few weeks ago and nada

FYI If this helps for anyone. I was verified on 6/19 and just received my PCOM Georgia yesterday. Still waiting on Philadelphia.

“Thank you for your email. We have only downloaded a small percentage of DO applications. We continue to download applications weekly. You will receive an acknowledgement email with instructions to pay the PCOM application fee. We have only downloaded a small percentage of DO applications at this time. We continue to download applications weekly. Please be sure to check your SPAM and TRASH folders for an acknowledgement email with instructions for the next steps. PCOM receives a list of those who qualify for a fee waiver automatically. Since you have qualified for the fee waiver, your PCOM institutional fee will also be waived automatically in our system after we download your primary application. You'll receive an acknowledgment email from us the evening after we download. Please allow at least 15 business days from that date for the rest of your application materials to be processed by our staff and updated on your PCOM application portal. Please note that if you have applied to one of our other campuses, each campus will process the waiver for that application and it may take longer for a campus to process materials depending on volume”

Submitted my primary on July 3rd. Still haven't heard from PCOM-PA and waiting on that link for secondary payment link..

Does PCOM screen for MCAT? On their site it says "competitive MCATs start at 500 with no subsection below 125". I have a 505, but with a 124 Bio score. Will I be screened out?

Does PCOM screen for MCAT? On their site it says "competitive MCATs start at 500 with no subsection below 125". I have a 505, but with a 124 Bio score. Will I be screened out?
keyword is "competitive", not "required".
122 CARS here (510 overall) & got secondaries from all three campuses! don't worry.

also, another SDNer told me his wife received an interview with a 122 subsection score! hopefully, this eases your mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Applying but MCAT is in late August. Hopefully that’s not considered late! Does anyone know if PCOM will interview without an MCAT?

Applying but MCAT is in late August. Hopefully that’s not considered late! Does anyone know if PCOM will interview without an MCAT?
I don’t believe they will but tbh I have my MCAT and everything in rn and they’ve not even completed my Georgia app on my portal so. You’re probably gonna be okay in late august!

An MCAT is required to complete an application and they only review complete applications.

...does anyone know if the school superscores the MCAT?

Has anyone had their LOR's updated into the portal? I am sure it is just taking a lot of time, but also wanted to just see if anyone has had their letters uploaded?

Has anyone had their LOR's updated into the portal? I am sure it is just taking a lot of time, but also wanted to just see if anyone has had their letters uploaded?
I paid my secondary fee on 7/13, still waiting for the letters.

I paid my secondary fee on 7/13, still waiting for the letters.

Yeah, I paid on July 10 and still nothing lol. I emailed them a while ago and they said to wait 15 business days... so I will wait a few more days and then see whats goin on.

Yeah, I paid on July 10 and still nothing lol. I emailed them a while ago and they said to wait 15 business days... so I will wait a few more days and then see whats goin on.
Me too, I was going to wait till next week to email them. A lot of anxiety seeing other people already have their letters there lol

When did you all send your primary? I sent it July 4th but haven't gotten any communication from them, but maybe it's too soon.

My letters attached to my portal about 16 days after I paid and submitted for the PA campus

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary email or portal or something? I submitted the primary for PCOM-PA on 7/1 and have had absolutely no communication from them

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary email or portal or something? I submitted the primary for PCOM-PA on 7/1 and have had absolutely no communication from them
same. got the portal link from PCOM-GA but not PA

My PCOM GA portal hasn't uploaded my damn letters yet cue *reeeee*

I think PCOM is just generally very slow with the whole application process

it seemed like interview invites for the Philly campus didn’t even start going out till mid September last year