2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had my interview today, it was a great experience and I loved the vibe of the faculty I interviewed with!
Any info/advice you can share? I'm interviewing on Tuesday!

Members don't see this ad.

Any info/advice you can share? I'm interviewing on Tuesday!

For starters they accept 80-85% of the people they interview so if you were chosen for one, they already really like you! Bc it’s open file, they asked me a lot of questions specific to my application and essays so I suggest rereading all of your essays and ECs. Other tips that I highly recommend - have an answer for (why Medicine, why DO, why RVUCOM), browse the interview feedback that you can access from the first page of this thread to see past questions, and I find it VERY helpful to have some stories in my back pocket that I’ve learned to tell well and can apply to different questions. Lastly, have a handful of questions for them, they left like a full 10 minutes for me to just ask them questions

Reactions: 1 user
Any chance they're flexible with their required classes? I don't want to have to take o-chem II haha

Members don't see this ad :)
For starters they accept 80-85% of the people they interview so if you were chosen for one, they already really like you! Bc it’s open file, they asked me a lot of questions specific to my application and essays so I suggest rereading all of your essays and ECs. Other tips that I highly recommend - have an answer for (why Medicine, why DO, why RVUCOM), browse the interview feedback that you can access from the first page of this thread to see past questions, and I find it VERY helpful to have some stories in my back pocket that I’ve learned to tell well and can apply to different questions. Lastly, have a handful of questions for them, they left like a full 10 minutes for me to just ask them questions
Thank you so much! Best of luck to you.

Interviewed 12/1, when should I expect to hear back?

Interviewed 12/1, when should I expect to hear back?
I interviewed the same day. I’ve heard as long as 4 weeks, but it seems like some people in this thread have heard back as quickly as 6 days.

Anyone know what factors may contribute to the higher number of male students compared to female students at the Utah campus?

I interviewed the same day. I’ve heard as long as 4 weeks, but it seems like some people in this thread have heard back as quickly as 6 days.
Interviewed the same date as well! Did not realize students were hearing back as soon as 6 days after that's exciting but extremely nerve racking to hear. Best of luck!

My application was just pulled from Colorado to UTAH. Has anyone else had this and what was the outcome?

Can any current students talk about housing? Do you guys live in Ivins or St. George? Would greatly appreciate it! I don't see too many rental properties/apartments in Ivins other than houses, but I would like my own place.

Same thing happened to me
Got an interview and then accepted after a week :)
Congrats on the acceptance and finding out so soon! Definitely more nerve racking that some people are hearing back within a week and I have not heard back yet after interviewing 12/1.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed today - so in love with this school! Now the wait for the admission decision...reminds me of being a kid and counting down every day till Christmas. What a fitting season. Hoping to meet you all next year as fellow students!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed an update to the Utah Admission office since my application was recently transferred to them. The Admissions office replied and told me they only accept updates through AACOMAS, but she also told me she looked into my file and said I should be receiving an email from them shortly!! Hopefully this is an interview invite and not just getting my hopes up for a rejection letter!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed today - so in love with this school! Now the wait for the admission decision...reminds me of being a kid and counting down every day till Christmas. What a fitting season. Hoping to meet you all next year as fellow students!
Do you know when you expect to hear back?

Hi Everyone,

I recently sent in the primary application for RVUCOM and I noted the Utah campus as my preference. I was wondering if you knows know of anyone that is OOS that has similar grades( 502 MCAT, CGPA 3.5, SGPA 3.4) to me that got an interview/acceptance from this school? Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I recently sent in the primary application for RVUCOM and I noted the Utah campus as my preference. I was wondering if you knows know of anyone that is OOS that has similar grades( 502 MCAT, CGPA 3.5, SGPA 3.4) to me that got an interview/acceptance from this school? Thanks!
OOS with almost identical stats and recently interviewed. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Do you know when you expect to hear back?
They said within a couple weeks. The admissions committee interviews for 2 weeks, meets to discuss, then makes acceptance calls/sends alternate or rejection emails the third week. So I guess it just depends what week of the cycle they are in when your interview takes place.

Hi Everyone,

I also recently sent in my primary application for RVUCOM and noted the Utah campus as my primary choice! I hope it's not too late for us.

• Care
How long did it take to get a response from Utah after being sent over here from CO?

How long did it take to get a response from Utah after being sent over here from CO?

The next day II via the portal and then the email came several hours later

What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing? Mine changed to Utah today.
I was in a similar situation and I received II via portal update the next day. Didn't get the email until 2-3 days later. Stats, OOS, 3.8 cGPA, 3.7 sGPA, sub-500 MCAT. About 500 Clinical hours and lots of research experience with a publication.

What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing? Mine changed to Utah today.

cgpa: 3.66, sgpa: 3.52, smp gpa: 3.52, mcat 500. ORM from Texas. Had a major upward trend in my special master’s program, did a little bit of research but no publications, almost 1000 hours shadowing/clinical experience, no ties

Anyone know what factors may contribute to the higher number of male students compared to female students at the Utah campus?
I would bet that it has to do with the campus having a lot of Mormons. The mormon church is very misogynistic and encourages women to stay at home and raise kids while the father needs to be the provider for the family. I'm not saying that the ADCOMs are discriminating, but I would bet that they get a lot more male applicants because of the mormon culture.

I got it the day after I noticed it. I checked my portal on a Tuesday and saw it was switched to Utah. (it could've changed on Monday, but I didn't check my portal that day) then on Wednesday it Updated to Interview-Utah and I scheduled it... Honestly, I still haven't received an email from the school that I was selected for an interview.. I'm guessing because I scheduled it so quickly, that email didn't get sent, but I could be wrong haha!

Does anybody know if the calls will be made this week or not?

Acceptance withdrawn, good luck to everyone!

• Care
Declined my acceptance today. I hope someone on this thread gets good news tomorrow! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Does anyone know why the next interview dates are in January and not in the remainder of December? I understand that it's due to the holiday season, but why aren't there any dates this week?

Does anyone know why the next interview dates are in January and not in the remainder of December? I understand that it's due to the holiday season, but why aren't there any dates this week?
I am assuming they may want to finalize admissions decisions of the December interviewees instead of interviewing more candidates and not being able to make a decision until after the New Year.

Hey all! New to the Utah thread. Yesterday my file was still complete (on 11/23) for Colorado and today it says II for Utah! Super pumped about the II, but curious if this means a rejection from the Colorado campus?

Hey all! New to the Utah thread. Yesterday my file was still complete (on 11/23) for Colorado and today it says II for Utah! Super pumped about the II, but curious if this means a rejection from the Colorado campus?
I'm pretty sure it does.

What were you stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Congrats on an interview! Did you get an email or your portal changed without notifying you?

II yesterday! (12/17)

Primary submitted 9/24
Secondary received/submitted 9/30
II 12/17

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anybody from ~12/1 interview hear anything?