2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 12/2 and they said that they would try to get us an answer before the holidays whatever that means🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering, has anybody been rejected by the Utah campus on here?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/2 and they said that they would try to get us an answer before the holidays whatever that means🤷🏻‍♂️
Well Hanukkah ended three days ago soooo

Fingers crossed we all get a good phone call today or tomorrow 🤞🏻

Reactions: 4 users
Sending good vibes to everybody!! hoping we all get calls today

I really hope it’s soon I’m going crazy lol
Colorado is receiving their status updates currently so I am guessing it is coming at some point for us today. Extremely difficult to stay calm.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the call at 1 PM Central Time!!!! :love::love: Good luck to all who are still waiting.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received my ACCEPTANCE 11:50 MT!! Literally did not see this coming with my MCAT score and I guess after telling myself "it only takes one school" really did come true and excited to attend a school that looked at me for all of my hard work! Wishing you all the best!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I JUST GOT THE CALL!!! 2:30pm EST!! I’m crying

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats everyone!...just wondering if your last names are in the beginning of the alphabet?? I'm still waiting and starting to get really nervous. :(

• Care
Congrats everyone!...just wondering if your last names are in the beginning of the alphabet?? I'm still waiting and starting to get really nervous. :(
I’m still waiting too... so nervous! My name is near the end of the alphabet.

• Care
Placed on the alternate list. Very disappointed, I thought my interview went really well.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone!...just wondering if your last names are in the beginning of the alphabet?? I'm still waiting and starting to get
My last name starts with H. If you haven’t gotten an email yet then there’s still time!

My last name starts with a C and I have also heard they call alphabetically so don't get discouraged

What are the chances of being accepted off of the APS list this year?

What are the chances of being accepted off of the APS list this year?
I hope that since it is still early in the cycle it’ll be more likely to get off! I’m wondering if its ranked? Like I believe this is the first round to get it so would that mean we are put on the top?

Reactions: 1 users
For those who got an II and have yet to interview, when are you interviewing?

Was there anyone in the last round of interviews (12/1-12/14) that got accepted (not accepted pending status)?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the place for this, but not sure where else to put it. Does anyone know how long it takes to be accepted to the RVUCOM-SU 2025 FB group after being accepted? Has it taken longer than normal for anyone else as well? Are housing/ roommate discussions in the FB group or should I look elsewhere? Thanks!

Not sure if this is the place for this, but not sure where else to put it. Does anyone know how long it takes to be accepted to the RVUCOM-SU 2025 FB group after being accepted? Has it taken longer than normal for anyone else as well? Are housing/ roommate discussions in the FB group or should I look elsewhere? Thanks!
I think it took about 1.5 weeks for them to acknowledge my request, although I got in after 3 weeks because I didn't realize they messaged me to ask me what my full name is since it's not my full name on my profile! This message fell into my message requests and I took super long to see it, so make sure to check!

Yes, I requested that group to join like 3 weeks ago and still waiting, just checked my messages too, don't see anything there too. However, there is another group if you would like to join Facebook Groups

Yes, I requested that group to join like 3 weeks ago and still waiting, just checked my messages too, don't see anything there too. However, there is another group if you would like to join Facebook Groups
Perfect, just requested to join the other one. I have not had anything in my messages regarding the other. I was not sure if there was a group where students leaving for clinicals or moving out inform incoming students to take over their lease. Just not from Utah and unfamiliar with the area so thought I would see what all of my options are aside from the campus housing. Thanks for the help!

I got this email last night:

"Good afternoon, and congratulations again on your invitation to interview with RVUCOM!

We wanted to let you know that we have moved to an "Accepted Pending Space" (APS) status for the upcoming admissions committee review. Because this is the first cycle we have held entirely virtual interviews, and we have had more accepted student deposits at this point than usual, we are being conservative as we watch our number of available seats very closely.

What this means for you is, if after your interview the committee votes to offer you admission, you may be placed on the APS status. Note that APS status is still an acceptance (you are not interviewing only for a waitlist spot at this point). For those students who are accepted APS, when seats become available in the current class, they will be contacted to fill the open space. In previous years, most of those who have been on the accepted pending space status have matriculated into the class to which they applied. If there is not a space for all APS students in this class, they will be automatically moved to the Class of 2026, matriculating in the summer of 2022, with a guaranteed seat. You would not need to submit another AACOMAS application or re-interview.

We will communicate clearly with you on your status after our admissions committee finalizes their decisions, so you will know whether this applies to you.

Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We are always glad to help and it will be our pleasure to continue to work with you through this process."

"Good afternoon, and congratulations again on your invitation to interview with RVUCOM!

We wanted to let you know that we have moved to an "Accepted Pending Space" (APS) status for the upcoming admissions committee review. Because this is the first cycle we have held entirely virtual interviews, and we have had more accepted student deposits at this point than usual, we are being conservative as we watch our number of available seats very closely.

What this means for you is, if after your interview the committee votes to offer you admission, you may be placed on the APS status. Note that APS status is still an acceptance (you are not interviewing only for a waitlist spot at this point). For those students who are accepted APS, when seats become available in the current class, they will be contacted to fill the open space. In previous years, most of those who have been on the accepted pending space status have matriculated into the class to which they applied. If there is not a space for all APS students in this class, they will be automatically moved to the Class of 2026, matriculating in the summer of 2022, with a guaranteed seat. You would not need to submit another AACOMAS application or re-interview.

We will communicate clearly with you on your status after our admissions committee finalizes their decisions, so you will know whether this applies to you.

Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We are always glad to help and it will be our pleasure to continue to work with you through this process."
When are you set to interview?

I interviewed today (01/07) and didn’t get this email! I wonder if it applies..

I interview next week and never got that email either, so I’m wondering the same
I would imagine with the way they do interviews (2 weeks of interviews, then the adcom meets and decides) that the email would be applicable to both this week and next week... but weird that not everybody got the email.

Would interviewing earlier mean a greater chance of getting off APS?

Would interviewing earlier mean a greater chance of getting off APS?
I’m not sure how the APS list is “ranked” but they did say in most years space opens up for everyone, so regardless of when your interview is, I’d say the chances are good!

I’m not sure how the APS list is “ranked” but they did say in most years space opens up for everyone, so regardless of when your interview is, I’d say the chances are good!
I also think since they mentioned they're being a bit more conservative with acceptances, it may be a better chance for APS applicants to get off. We will see. Thank you!

I’m interviewing next week, what should I expect and how did you all prepare? Thanks.

read through interview questions on SDN, prepare questions for interviewers & be yourself.
I agree with all this advice. I’ll say that questions on SDN were a VERY helpful tool