2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When are you set to interview?
1/14 :prof:

I just withdrew my app, so if anyone would rather have 1/14, jump on it! šŸ˜ Best of luck to you all!!! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email from this school, they said their class is full so don't be too hopeful about an interview lol

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you guys on the APS list! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this was talked about earlier in the thread, but what does this mean for those who are waitlisted? Is being WS a soft rejection?

Sorry if this was talked about earlier in the thread, but what does this mean for those who are waitlisted? Is being WS a soft rejection?
I donā€™t want to speak for certain, but it sounds like waitlist is after the APS list.. so theyā€™ll have to get everyone in off the APS before pulling from the waitlist.. so Iā€™d say chances are lower, but itā€™s not a definite no!

Reactions: 1 user
Iā€™m interviewing next week, what should I expect and how did you all prepare? Thanks.
I found the interview to be very relaxed - the interviewers started off by saying that they already liked me and that the next 45 minutes would be my chance to figure out if I like them also. That introductory statement really helped diminish my nerves! They asked the standard questions, why medicine, why DO, why RVU - but they brought up the questions in a way that felt natural and conversational. Review your personal statement and secondary essays and be genuine. The admissions committee already likes you - you don't have to convince them in the interview :)

If I received an interview from Utah, does that mean I am rejected from the Colorado branch?

If I received an interview from Utah, does that mean I am rejected from the Colorado branch?
It depends, if your portal initially said Colorado then switched to Utah then Yes....You can only interview at one campus or the other

Just got an email from this school, they said their class is full so don't be too hopeful about an interview lol
Damn what did the email exactly say? Are you in for an interview? I just got marked complete 1/7 :(

Has anyone received an interview invite recently? When were you marked complete?

Also, do you receive an email for the interview invite? Or does it show up somewhere on the portal?

How conservative are they going to be with sending out APS for this interview group?

How conservative are they going to be with sending out APS for this interview group?
I would assume fairly conservative with them stating that most years people do come off the APS list and matriculate into the class they interviewed for... but still hoping for the best. I interviewed 01/07, so anxiously waiting to hear back.. but oddly I didnā€™t receive that email about the APS list prior to my interview šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! First time on this forum, but I interviewed last Wednesday so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask! Hoping to hear back from them soonšŸ˜¬

Was complete almost 2 weeks ago, and they usually send out R or ii around this time frame - are both campuses full?

Hi! Can anyone please share what they talked about during the Q&A? I have work rn, so I wasn't able to attend :(

Hey is this school still interviewing? I heard that both classes are full? :(

Hey is this school still interviewing? I heard that both classes are full? :(
I believe they're still giving out IIs, but have now moved onto APS (accepted pending space)

I interviewed on 1/8-- are we expecting to hear back on 1/25 or 1/26 regarding decisions for this round of interviews?

where are you going?

Iā€™m not 100% positive yet tbh so this is going to be a loaded answer Iā€™m waiting to hear back from my top choice in March and Iā€™m also interviewing at BCOM in February and Iā€™m interested in their program. Right now with the concrete options I have, Iā€™m going to ARCOM :)

Did this school stop interviewing? I am hearing their class size is full :(

Did this school stop interviewing? I am hearing their class size is full :(
I saw some dates in late Jan (25,26,27,28) but the tab for dates is gone for me now. It could be because I already interviewed but there were dates. Didnā€™t see any in February or they hadnā€™t update it before it went away for me.

Hi guys. For those who received an email yesterday regarding the Q&A, was that only for APS students?

Does your portal change if you get APS? Or rejected?

So if you didnā€™t get the APS email invite on Friday does it mean we are on WL?

So if you didnā€™t get the APS email invite on Friday does it mean we are on WL?
Iā€™m not sure if people who havenā€™t heard the outcome of their interview yet got that email for that q&a. Youā€™d know if you are on the Waitlist because theyā€™d notify you 2-3 weeks after your interview of accepted, APS, WL, or rejected!

Iā€™m not sure if people who havenā€™t heard the outcome of their interview yet got that email for that q&a. Youā€™d know if you are on the Waitlist because theyā€™d notify you 2-3 weeks after your interview of accepted, APS, WL, or rejected!
Ok but it sounds like they made their APS decisions Friday and already notified those who interviewed this month that theyā€™re on the APS list by sending out an email for the APS Q&A. Can other APS students confirm?

Ok but it sounds like they made their APS decisions Friday and already notified those who interviewed this month that theyā€™re on the APS list by sending out an email for the APS Q&A. Can other APS students confirm?
I believe that the 2 posters above who mentioned the APS Q&A were placed on the APS list after the last cycle of interviews.. they were notified of this in December before the school went on Winter Break. As far as I know, no interviewers this month know of their status. We should be notified this week.. Have you heard of others being notified of the APS Q&A other than the 2 above? Iā€™m guessing all future applicants selected for APS will be notified of the Q&A when they are notified of being selected for APS.

As @Holly1997yollh mentioned, @Giveme5ht & I were placed on the APS list in December.

Has anybody been taken off the alternate list yet? Also, do you guys think there will be movement happening this year?

Has anybody been taken off the alternate list yet? Also, do you guys think there will be movement happening this year?
My guess, but Iā€™m not entirely certain, is that movement from the alternate list isnā€™t highly likely.. given that they have to give spots to all on the APS first...but that also depends on how selective they are with APS... but best of luck to all those on the alternate list! It certainly isnā€™t a No!

Thank you! I was put on the list early today :( I have such mixed feelings cause itā€™s like yay Iā€™m competitive but boo cause itā€™s a waiting game now
Best of luck! I was on the waitlist last year at Another school, so I know that waiting game all too well!!