2021-2022 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know about the size of the WL in past years? And how many spots come from the WL?
According to a post above, they typically make a larger WL of 75-100 and accept around 25 off of it. However, it looks like they drastically changed their process this year to consist of a smaller WL and an additional "undecided" list. Could be just a new system of doing things or that they may expect that a lot of their current offers will stand. I think that 25 figure should still be decently accurate though.

Members don't see this ad.

If people want to get some info on the sizes/proportions of the WL and undecided list just react to this post.

"Like" - if you're on the WL
"Love" - if you're on the undecided

Definitely a small sample size, but hope it helps!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone else been pulled off the waitlist here on SDN? Saw one other poster so far!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else been pulled off the waitlist here on SDN? Saw one other poster so far!

Literally can’t believe it…. but I just got called off the waitlist!!!!!! My only A!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I was pulled off of the waitlist on Tuesday and declined the offer after hearing back from some other schools this week as well. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Recent grad who matched into a competitive specialty! Would be happy to talk to any admitted students anonymously about my experience at Brody.

Reactions: 2 users
As of May 25, 2022 we have:

• Received 1156 verified AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2021 deadline.
  • Interviewed 402 candidates. Interviews are complete for the 2021-2022 cycle.
  • Offered 136 applicants a seat in the Class of 2026. Please note, it takes 120-130 offers each cycle to fill 86 seats.
  • We strongly encourage applicants to consider any offers you have received. Applicants should also begin to strategize the next steps of reapplying should an offer not be extended this this cycle.
  • We ask applicants not to send update documents/letters of intent/transcripts, etc.. The committee has completed review of all applications and will not return to review again each time new information is received.
Do you guys think the waitlist movement is over for this cycle?

As of May 25, 2022 we have:

• Received 1156 verified AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2021 deadline.
  • Interviewed 402 candidates. Interviews are complete for the 2021-2022 cycle.
  • Offered 136 applicants a seat in the Class of 2026. Please note, it takes 120-130 offers each cycle to fill 86 seats.
  • We strongly encourage applicants to consider any offers you have received. Applicants should also begin to strategize the next steps of reapplying should an offer not be extended this this cycle.
  • We ask applicants not to send update documents/letters of intent/transcripts, etc.. The committee has completed review of all applications and will not return to review again each time new information is received.
Do you guys think the waitlist movement is over for this cycle?
I think sadly yes 😞

Beginning with the class of 2026, Brody SOM is now on a pass/fail grading system! All M1 and M2 grades will be reported as P/F, with numeric grades only retained privately for ranking purposes.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! Upcoming M2 at Brody. Feel free to reach out if you have questions! Can’t wait to meet you all!

Hi guys, withdrawing my A. Hope one of you get it.

Reactions: 1 users
Somehow I still got an email for the alternate pool (waitlist) today. Anyone else?

Dr. Bright just called me! I’m off the waitlist!!!!!!! I cannot believe it! I’m going to Brody! 😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got a call from Ms. Williams this morning! Super excited to start at Brody this fall! Huge move coming up in just two weeks!

Reactions: 1 users