2021-2022 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As of March 25, 2022 we have:
  • Received 1156 verified AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2021 deadline.
  • Interviewed 402 candidates. Interviews are complete for the 2021-2022 cycle.
  • Offered 110 applicants a seat in the Class of 2026. Please note, it takes 120-130 offers each cycle to fill 86 seats.
  • A waitlist has not been formed at this time. This is a work in progress with updates to be sent to all by the end of March.
  • We ask applicants not to send update documents/letters of intent/transcripts, etc.. The committee has completed review of all applications and will not return to review again each time new information is received
Interviewed 1/25, no word yet. Best of luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So based off of this information, it's safe to assume:

1. There will be around ~15 more offers given, most if not all of which will be from the waitlist
2. 15 offers / (402-110) remaining interviewed applicants = 0.05 (~5% acceptance rate for those waiting to hear)
3. We are planned to be notified of Rs or WLs at the end of this week

Can anyone who went through the waitlist process last year give us a rundown on their experience? Particularly on the duration of the process, the size of the WL, and if you ever knew your relative position on it. Currently, planning on signing a new lease and interviewing for jobs so this information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
So based off of this information, it's safe to assume:

1. There will be around ~15 more offers given, most if not all of which will be from the waitlist
2. 15 offers / (402-110) remaining interviewed applicants = 0.05 (~5% acceptance rate for those waiting to hear)
3. We are planned to be notified of Rs or WLs at the end of this week

Can anyone who went through the waitlist process last year give us a rundown on their experience? Particularly on the duration of the process, the size of the WL, and if you ever knew your relative position on it. Currently, planning on signing a new lease and interviewing for jobs so this information would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Just for reference Brody made 143 offers last cycle (including WL) and 133 the cycle before that according to MSAR/SDN’s post II acceptance rate data.

Also their MSAR WL report claims they usually WL 75-100 and accept an additional 25 off it. This theoretical future WL accepted # is now about in line with this cycles outstanding acceptances relative to precious years totals.

Members don't see this ad :)
...um, did anyone not receive an email?

Reactions: 2 users
No email... second time applying... RIP :'(

Appreciate everyone on the thread for real! Wish you all the best!

Is this what happened last cycle when people got the R?
Not actually (I'm a reapp who was on WL last cycle).
I remember two posts who got WL'ed then everyone else got it the next day.
I think Rs were sent before WL but things may be different this year because I have not seen any post-II Rs.
Let's be somewhat optimistic until we receive an answer :)

Not actually (I'm a reapp who was on WL last cycle).
I remember two posts who got WL'ed then everyone else got it the next day.
I think Rs were sent before WL but things may be different this year because I have not seen any post-II Rs.
Let's be somewhat optimistic until we receive an answer :)
When you say everyone else got it the next day, do you mean the rest of the WL spots?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in October, haven’t heard anything yet.

Interviewed in February and I have heard *nothing*
I'm a little confused/concerned because the admissions update said they'd notify all applicants by end of March...

Reactions: 2 users
I had a feeling I would get rejected since Dr. Bright really took a disliking to me during my interview in October. Nice to know for sure now.

I had a feeling I would get rejected since Dr. Bright really took a disliking to me during my interview in October. Nice to know for sure now.
Did you receive a R or are you just assuming that you will at this point?

Has anyone called the admissions office to see if they're still deliberating? If they're done reviewing files, I wish they'd just let us know what their decisions are. I understand they're dealing with a lot of applicants, but it's well past the end of March and I'm beyond antsy.

Post-interview rejection this afternoon, so maybe they are slowly going through those that are remaining.

Good luck to everyone, decided to withdraw, so somebody is getting pulled in from the WL here soon.

Just received an email stating they still have not made a final decision on my application. Not a R, not a WL offer. Still in limbo. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear.

Just got an email that said “a final decision has not yet been made on your application”. And “The upcoming AAMC deadline of April 30th will give us a better picture of where we stand. On this date, applicants that are holding more than one seat at multiple schools must make a final decision. Once this happens, we will revisit where we are with the Class of 2026 and make additional decisions.”

Anyone know what to make of this? Soft R?

Just got an email that said “a final decision has not yet been made on your application”. And “The upcoming AAMC deadline of April 30th will give us a better picture of where we stand. On this date, applicants that are holding more than one seat at multiple schools must make a final decision. Once this happens, we will revisit where we are with the Class of 2026 and make additional decisions.”

They likely have filled their spots for now and are waiting on students withdraw their acceptance before offering more acceptances/WL spots. Doesn’t seem like a soft R.

+1 But isn't this kinda a WL? Like what is the difference?

I declined to be put on the waitlist Friday of last week. Good luck to all of you!!

I also just got the email about not having made a decision. I don’t understand how this is different from the waitlist

It’s not. They probably don’t have space on the WL either. So we are in limbo
so if we are "lower than" the people on the WL and the WL is full, why don't they just reject us? :rofl: Like it's frustrating to be strung along

*Update* As of April 5, 2022 we have:

• Received 1156 verified AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2021 deadline.
  • Interviewed 402 candidates. Interviews are complete for the 2021-2022 cycle.
  • Offered 110 applicants a seat in the Class of 2026. Please note, it takes 120-130 offers each cycle to fill 86 seats.
  • The alternate list is a work in progress. We will not create a large alternate list this cycle; we are incrementally inviting applicants to join the list. The next update will be sent in early May following the April 30th AAMC deadline. We strongly encourage applicants to consider any offers you have received. Applicants should also begin to strategize the next steps of reapplying should an offer not be extended this this cycle.
  • We ask applicants not to send update documents/letters of intent/transcripts, etc.. The committee has completed review of all applications and will not return to review again each time new information is received.

Has anyone received any updates recently? Assuming we won't hear much until after May 2nd.

Does anyone know about the size of the WL in past years? And how many spots come from the WL?