2021-2022 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Got an email to start the secondary app today. Received several emails actually.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 (IS). Received about 4 from them so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I still submit my secondary even though I will be retaking the MCAT on July 17th?

Should I still submit my secondary even though I will be retaking the MCAT on July 17th?
Yes. I’m taking mine in august 13. I’m still submitting. I don’t see why we shouldn’t.

Is anyone else getting an error trying to submit their secondary?

Are the secondary prompts the same from last cycle (currently still waiting for my app to be verified)?

Can these essays be less than 300 words or do they have to be between 300-500 words?

Can these essays be less than 300 words or do they have to be between 300-500 words?
quality > quantity is my motto but I always try to hit the minimum at least. Since there are only two questions I think its a good idea to write a good amount.

I submitted my secondary today :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All I got from them was a message saying my app was in hold due to no MCAT score.

II today! IS, 508 MCAT, complete 7/21

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Was emailed -- completed 7/22 517 mcat

Did y’all ever at a “file complete” or “application complete” or anything along those lines? To make sure they received our letters of recommendation, scores, etc.

I only got an “applicant gateway activities complete email.” I submitted by secondary on the 07/14 and haven’t heard anything since then.

Did y’all ever at a “file complete” or “application complete” or anything along those lines? To make sure they received our letters of recommendation, scores, etc.

I only got an “applicant gateway activities complete email.” I submitted by secondary on the 07/14 and haven’t heard anything since then.
+1 received the same email 7/22 and haven’t heard anything since.

For my 515+ people, what was your schedule for studying
I didnt have a set schedule but general tips:
- kaplan books ( I am a visual learner and found their books way easier to digest than TPR)
- u world practice questions (pricey but 100% worth it if you review each question and why you got it wrong)
- after content review, practice exam each week for at least 10 weeks (save the AMCAS practice for last)
- 4 CARS passages each day (U world I feel is very comparable to the MCAT)
- miles down for psych soc (I did 50/day and all the ones I had gotten wrong the day before)

I didnt have a set schedule but general tips:
- kaplan books ( I am a visual learner and found their books way easier to digest than TPR)
- u world practice questions (pricey but 100% worth it if you review each question and why you got it wrong)
- after content review, practice exam each week for at least 10 weeks (save the AMCAS practice for last)
- 4 CARS passages each day (U world I feel is very comparable to the MCAT)
- miles down for psych soc (I did 50/day and all the ones I had gotten wrong the day before)
I second these tips! U world is a must as is miledown's Anki deck. Kaplan's books are really useful as well. I'd also recommend the MCAT podcast (it's great for times when you can't actively study like when you're driving) and making and regularly reviewing an Anki deck with content you missed on practice problems/exams

I submitted and paid for my secondary a week and a half ago. Apparently the supplemental application didn't have my picture yet so I only got the confirmation email today after uploading it. Does that mean it was already sent a while back, or only sent today?

I submitted and paid for my secondary a week and a half ago. Apparently the supplemental application didn't have my picture yet so I only got the confirmation email today after uploading it. Does that mean it was already sent a while back, or only sent today?
I think it is only reviewed and considered "submitted" once marked fully complete, I could be wrong though!

So….how are the interviews going for those who have had one. What kinds of questions were you hit with?

So….how are the interviews going for those who have had one. What kinds of questions were you hit with?
Mine is this week ! would love to hear if anyone else has already interviewed

Good luck!!!!!
Please provide us with some feedback if you can.
Writing this right after my interview so I don't forget!

We had a welcome session from dean of admissions and associate dean followed by two 25 min blinded interviews with two diff people. First interview was a "traditional" interview with a couple of situational questions. Second interview was mostly situational questions.

I had questions asking me about how I planned to balance work/life, why I wanted to go to ECU, and why I wanted to pursue a career in medicine. Since it was blinded they really do want to get to know you. My interviewers literally knew nothing about me! I also had ethical questions asking how I would respond to certain situations i.e. what I would do if my attending gave the wrong medication to a patient and what I would do if i saw sexual harassment in the workplace. I was also asked about the toughest feedback I had ever received/how I responded and the worst grade on a project/test/course I had received and what I did after getting that grade back.

Overall, I really did feel like both of my interviewers just wanted to get to know me and understand how I would fit into the community! I would recommend having some prepared questions for your interviewers -- like why did you come to ECU or something along those lines. I had an extra minute at the end of my second interview and it was great to get to know my interviewer a bit more.

Good luck everyone and I hope this helps!

Reactions: 6 users
Wow, it's still early into the application cycle and they're already so close to verifying the same amount of applicants they had in total last year... Either there is way more to come or this could be it.
There will be more is my guess