2021-2022 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if waitlisted students can get taken off at any time or are they still doing the specific days thing

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder how many of us WL ppl there are

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted last night.

I know in the past they had a confirmed waitlist of around 30-40 with an almost much guaranteed chance of getting in but a few years ago they increased the size to the 70-100 range. Regardless they send out about 220 acceptances each year for 180 seats so about 30-40 people will get in off the waitlist.

Heard that they've already began/are getting ready to start contacting students regarding scholarship awards!!

Waitlisted as well. I want to reach out to everyone on the forum here to see if anyone can shed some light on my current situation. My lease is up on May 12th and I am looking to resign for another year in a different city to continue gap year research if not admitted. I got waitlisted last year as well so this is my second time around and I have no clue whether my chances are any higher of getting a call. The only thing is I don't want to be on the hook for another lease if I end up getting the call and having to move because I couldn't afford that ultimately. I also don't want to give up this great research position and move to CHS when I don't have a spot in the class. Do we have any clue how many waitlisted applicants there are and how many they take? (I know there was speculation already)

For reference: I applied Early Decision IS with a 3.91 GPA and a 511 MCAT. Interviews (seemingly) went well. Legacy applicant. Lengthy research experience and decent (ish) clinical exposure. State honors college graduate.

Did anyone else not hear anything....? I didn't receive an email...not sure how to read into this.

Waitlisted as well. I want to reach out to everyone on the forum here to see if anyone can shed some light on my current situation. My lease is up on May 12th and I am looking to resign for another year in a different city to continue gap year research if not admitted. I got waitlisted last year as well so this is my second time around and I have no clue whether my chances are any higher of getting a call. The only thing is I don't want to be on the hook for another lease if I end up getting the call and having to move because I couldn't afford that ultimately. I also don't want to give up this great research position and move to CHS when I don't have a spot in the class. Do we have any clue how many waitlisted applicants there are and how many they take? (I know there was speculation already)

For reference: I applied Early Decision IS with a 3.91 GPA and a 511 MCAT. Interviews (seemingly) went well. Legacy applicant. Lengthy research experience and decent (ish) clinical exposure. State honors college graduate.
I’d say first week of May will have a majority of the waitlist movement from what ive seen on previous threads. I think May 2nd is the date you have to plan to enroll at an institution so spots will open up that day and they’ll probably release some acceptances that week. Im sorry for your situation. Its so stupid we have to wait this long in the first place. Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, did anyone get interviewed/accepted here who was a resident of SC for less than 5 years?

Just wondering, did anyone get interviewed/accepted here who was a resident of SC for less than 5 years?
Yes- accepted! relocated in 2020 to SC from a state far away w/o any SC ties

Is anyone else confused by the CYMS Commit to Enroll deadline at MUSC? Received an email today indicating that April 30 is the deadline to select Commit to Enroll at MUSC but this option is not available on AMCAS until May 2nd. I guess this is an error?

Is anyone else confused by the CYMS Commit to Enroll deadline at MUSC? Received an email today indicating that April 30 is the deadline to select Commit to Enroll at MUSC but this option is not available on AMCAS until May 2nd. I guess this is an error?
Commit to enroll deadline isn't until June 22 for MUSC.

Reactions: 1 users
I did too. I don't know your situation but I waited for months for an interview. Apparently, I was flagged as OS and I had to follow up with the Enrollment office after several emails and calls to Admissions to get that resolved. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine but he found out too late. The MUSC admission committee does a terrible job responding to emails or answering phone calls just fyi

I did too. I don't know your situation but I waited for months for an interview. Apparently, I was flagged as OS and I had to follow up with the Enrollment office after several emails and calls to Admissions to get that resolved. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine but he found out too late. The MUSC admission committee does a terrible job responding to emails or answering phone calls just fyi
Good to know about the emails/calls....still waiting for a response over here. :dead:

Just withdrew my A, so hopefully y'all see some waitlist movement soon!

To those who have also withdrawn, when do we get our deposit refunded? In my email I included a question about this, but their response didn't mention anything about it.

Reactions: 3 users
So I know MUSC is currently H/P/NP, but are there any plans on moving to true pass/fail for the class of 2026?

To those who have also withdrawn, when do we get our deposit refunded? In my email I included a question about this, but their response didn't mention anything about it.
I have spoken to a dozen of people who got into MUSC and everyone seems to be going there this Fall. If you don't mind, could you share your reasons why you're not going to MUSC?

I have spoken to a dozen of people who got into MUSC and everyone seems to be going there this Fall. If you don't mind, could you share your reasons why you're not going to MUSC?
MUSC is a great school, and I've loved all of the interactions I've had with them! I'm going to one of the other state schools instead because I'm from there and won't have to worry about rent, food, etc.

MUSC is a great school, and I've loved all of the interactions I've had with them! I'm going to one of the other state schools instead because I'm from there and won't have to worry about rent, food, etc.
I know a pretty decent amount of people who picked greenville over MUSC (assuming ur talking about greenville from ur post history) because greenville gives out a pretty decent chunk of scholarship money to a lot of students.

I had to email twice. Finally got a response that I would get a refund in a few weeks. It’s been over a month, so I’m following up again for more details. I’ll let you know if/what I hear.

Anyone got news on how they take people off the WL? Are we gonna have to wait for a certain day like they did with the last tuesday of the month or can we expect a possible acceptance at any time?

Anyone got news on how they take people off the WL? Are we gonna have to wait for a certain day like they did with the last tuesday of the month or can we expect a possible acceptance at any time?
It looks like at this point last year (on this Monday, in the evening, after accepted student enrollment deadlines) people began to receive WL calls.

Update - it was indicated to me that AAMC moved the 'traditional April 30' deadline to May 2, since April 30 came on a weekend. Let's cross our fingers for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hope someone gets off the WL today so atleast we know movement has started lmao

has anyone successfully been able to withdraw? I have emailed twice and called twice and have gotten no confirmation that I have withdrawn

Does anyone else that’s waitlisted not have MUSC listed on CYMS?

Does anyone else that’s waitlisted not have MUSC listed on CYMS?
I see it on mine, was put there April 28 so quite a while after the initial waitlist email was sent. Maybe it’s still processing in their system?

I see it on mine, was put there April 28 so quite a while after the initial waitlist email was sent. Maybe it’s still processing in their system?
Ok that is concerning. I don't even see the option for CYMS. I assumed it was because you only gain access to the tool for acceptances, not waitlisted spots. Anyone else not have access to the CYMS tool at all/not see MUSC?

Ok that is concerning. I don't even see the option for CYMS. I assumed it was because you only gain access to the tool for acceptances, not waitlisted spots. Anyone else not have access to the CYMS tool at all/not see MUSC?
I think it opens when you first gain an acceptance and you should be able to see acceptances and WLs after that point.

Happy saturday nerds. Hope this week nets some good news for the WL folks.

Reactions: 5 users