2021-2022 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if MUSC is still extending interviews? Where do people check their application status? (I saw some people were notified that they were "on hold") ... waiting for a pre-ii R
I don’t think they are :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so nervous. They said they were talking about 70 students today right? How many out of 70 do you think get accepted?
70 students from interviews since the February meeting or does that include students on hold?

I don't know whether or not it's 70 students, but they should still be considering those on hold (and some early decision folks that got moved to on hold). There's just shy of 40 spots left in the class....we'll see how it goes 😬😬

Reactions: 1 users
70 students from interviews since the February meeting or does that include students on hold?
Not sure. They just said they were discussing about 70 students today when I interviewed on Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
GL nerds. May many acceptances flow towards us tonight.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call guys! Early in the alphabet so good luck to all of you. Looking forward to seeing you all in Charleston!

Reactions: 6 users
Are they gonna call every accepted student tonight or if you don't get the call today it's over for you?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call guys! Early in the alphabet so good luck to all of you. Looking forward to seeing you all in Charleston!
Hey, congrats! Do you think they are going to call everyone tonight?

If you don't get a call tonight, you'll get an email shortly thereafter letting you know you've been put on hold. Then later on, they'll let you know if you make it to the wait-list.

If you don't get a call tonight, you'll get an email shortly thereafter letting you know you've been waitlisted.
Not waitlisted. On hold is what the email says. They create the waitlist next month.

Hey, congrats! Do you think they are going to call everyone tonight?
I think if you are accepted during the meeting tonight they will call. If you don't get a call you might be on the waitlist so it's not over!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you are accepted during the meeting tonight they will call. If you don't get a call you might be on the waitlist so it's not over!
I’m moving on for a peace of mind. See y’all next cycle. Time to prep for a reapp.

I’m moving on for a peace of mind. See y’all next cycle. Time to prep for a reapp.
Don't give up yet. If you get on the waitlist you have decent chances.

L for tonight? Or should I hold out hope.

I got the acceptance call at around 7!!! I'm so excited to start in the fall! 🎉🎉

So whats the deal with the next round of decisions? Is it mid april? Are people getting accepted at that meeting or was the pre-waitlist class decided already?

So whats the deal with the next round of decisions? Is it mid april? Are people getting accepted at that meeting or was the pre-waitlist class decided already?
From my understanding the pre-waitlist class has been decided already and we’ll know the waitlist on April 14. I’m not 100% sure if there will or will not be acceptances with the next meeting though.

I don't know whether or not it's 70 students, but they should still be considering those on hold (and some early decision folks that got moved to on hold). There's just shy of 40 spots left in the class....we'll see how it goes 😬😬
Hi! How were you able to determine how many spots were left to fill? Is there any acceptance data out there? I've been dying to find more info on this 😩😩😩!

Hi! How were you able to determine how many spots were left to fill? Is there any acceptance data out there? I've been dying to find more info on this 😩😩😩!
+1 also wondering why more people weren’t admitted last night if there are 40 seats still available?

Does anyone know the waitlist format? Will we be sent our ranking?

To anyone who has been accepted, do we pay the deposit when they send the acceptance packet?

Has anyone who was recently accepted heard back about the scholarship application? I found it on the MUSC website and it says it's due April 1st. I emailed admissions to make sure I'm supposed to fill it out, but they haven't gotten back. Should I just submit it? I really want to be considered for scholarships.

Has anyone who was recently accepted heard back about the scholarship application? I found it on the MUSC website and it says it's due April 1st. I emailed admissions to make sure I'm supposed to fill it out, but they haven't gotten back. Should I just submit it? I really want to be considered for scholarships.
Yeah, Charlotte Kerr sent an email on 3/8 about it. This is what you are supposed to fill out. Scholarship Application

I got an email saying it’s not due until April 8th now

Yeah it came today. Probably because I was just accepted on Tuesday this week.
Weird, did you get that email today? I hadn't heard anything since the 3/8 email.

Did anyone go to the 2nd look weekend? How was it? I was unable to attend due to flight costs.

Have people received the official acceptance package if they were accepted on March 29th?

does anyone have an idea as to if there will be more acceptances at this weeks committee meeting?

Great day today folks it was very productive for all of us. Maybe the waitlist will be released sometime before 2023 but hey who knows!

ugh why have we not heard anything
I hope it gets released soon because this is the only school im waiting on and I just wanna know if I should give up and plan a move elsewhere already

Just got the email that I’m on waitlist!

Just got a WL email. I'll most likely give up my spot, especially since they mentioned its possible you might not hear anything until mid-August :/ Anyone have any extra insight on waitlist movement or is that accurate?

Waitlisted. Gonna wait till end of may and then give up.

Just got a WL email. I'll most likely give up my spot, especially since they mentioned its possible you might not hear anything until mid-August :/ Anyone have any extra insight on waitlist movement or is that accurate?
I believe a vast majority of the waitlist movement is gonna happen in may when people narrow down to one school

I know they want ppl "Commit to Enroll" by 4/30. This may affect waitlist movement?