You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yes! where it says "print receipt" or something like that, thats where the decision letter should be if there is one according to last years thread.When you guys are talking about the portal, is it the one where you can review your activity to see your submitted application?
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
Got an acceptance via email. No phone and I havent attempted to open the portal since i submitted secondaryfor those who have interviewed already, do yall know if we will hear back via email, portal, or a call? thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
Alright im trippin. Didnt happen^^^ thought this was the howard sdn. my bad. I have no idea how we hear back but i would assume email
omg the way my heart dropped LOL 😂Alright im trippin. Didnt happen^^^ thought this was the howard sdn. my bad. I have no idea how we hear back but i would assume email
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
sorry about the confusion lolomg the way my heart dropped LOL 😂
Well congrats on the HU acceptance! Lol and meharry does send acceptance via email. Although, sometimes it might be slightly delayed and people will see it on the portal before receiving an email.Alright im trippin. Didnt happen^^^ thought this was the howard sdn. my bad. I have no idea how we hear back but i would assume email
nope!So to be clear..no one had the MMI or student portion of their interview yet?
I can confirm this same error! I have access to the portal, but get this error when I attempt to open the "supplemental application for medical school admission" tab.This is what it says on my end:
Information
Access Denied
Access Denied: This form is accessible by invitation only.
Could anyone else who doesn't have an interview yet let me know if they see the same?
When I go to the portal, I can view my activity & my supplemental app shows up as submitted. Glad I am not alone!!
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
Thank you! I was told I would hear from Meharry today but who knows if it will actually happen🤣Well congrats on the HU acceptance! Lol and meharry does send acceptance via email. Although, sometimes it might be slightly delayed and people will see it on the portal before receiving an email.
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
I have notSo to be clear..no one had the MMI or student portion of their interview yet?
Try this linkI can confirm this same error! I have access to the portal, but get this error when I attempt to open the "supplemental application for medical school admission" tab.
When I go to the portal, I can view my activity & my supplemental app shows up as submitted. Glad I am not alone!!
D
deleted906592
Did anyone have any issues actually turning in their secondary? For some reason the "AMCAS ID" number doesn't show up and I can't submit *sigh*
this works!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great!this works!
lol i think its gonna be tomorrow! thats what she told me also they made an instagram post saying that if you interviewed before dec 15, you will hear back on dec 16th!Anyone keep refreshing that portal? Lol. I am not sure we will hear back today.
any updates?
still waiting.. i feel like that spongebob meme?any updates?
literally same lolstill waiting.. i feel like that spongebob meme?
BlackManinWhiteCoat22
Full Member
For anyone who has interviewed, can you explain the process? Is it just one 30 minute interview? It doesn’t appear to be an “interview day” per say. Is it just the one interview then your file goes before the ADCOM?
ya! thats what it has seemed so far. we thought we were having more than one but I guess its just that one!For anyone who has interviewed, can you explain the process? Is it just one 30 minute interview? It doesn’t appear to be an “interview day” per say. Is it just the one interview then your file goes before the ADCOM?
or they are being really slow and we might still have to do the student and MMI portion🤷♀️
ya! thats what it has seemed so far. we thought we were having more than one but I guess its just
this wait is terrible
Okay so looking through last year’s thread, Meharry either emails a decision or uploads it (without notice) to the portal. They give out decisions before the 24th of Dec for those who interviewed prior to Dec. And also send II invites around the same time. But of course I could be wrong and they could switch it up this year.
Hmm. They posted this on their Instagram like a week or so agoOkay so looking through last year’s thread, Meharry either emails a decision or uploads it (without notice) to the portal. They give out decisions before the 24th of Dec for those who interviewed prior to Dec. And also send II invites around the same time. But of course I could be wrong and they could switch it up this year.
but it does say START so maybe tomorrow
That’s the thing. I don’t know if anyone interviewed during Dec. It looks like they did interviews around the 19-23rd last time. And no one mentioned additional interviews.Hmm. They posted this on their Instagram like a week or so ago View attachment 346889
The word “start” could be the clue to the long wait. Maybe you’ll find out tonight.but it does say START so maybe tomorrow
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya im not sure. the one who interviewed told me the 16th and then someone i know who works there also said the third week of December. but hey, lol they are very slow at times so im not sureThat’s the thing. I don’t know if anyone interviewed during Dec. It looks like they did interviews around the 19-23rd last time. And no one mentioned additional interviews.
Well it looks like you have tonight and tomorrow to know for sure.ya im not sure. the one who interviewed told me the 16th and then someone i know who works there also said the third week of December. but hey, lol they are very slow at times so im not sure
Stats?Alright im trippin. Didnt happen^^^ thought this was the howard sdn. my bad. I have no idea how we hear back but i would assume email
shimotsuki zoro124
Full Member
OOS 505 MCAT 3.87 cGPAStats?
omg! congrats! stats?II just now. OOS
Nice!!II just now. OOS
Question - when you get an interview, does your portal change?
Swoosh10
Full Member
503 MCAT, 3.4cgpa. Super excited!!omg! congrats! stats?
Congrats!503 MCAT, 3.4cgpa. Super excited!!
Swoosh10
Full Member
No, my portal is exactly the same. If they need to communicate any change in your application status, I’d say expect an email. Don’t bother obsessively checking the portal.Nice!!
Question - when you get an interview, does your portal change?
Buhhh buhh I'm a premed! I have to obsessively check something!No, my portal is exactly the same. If they need to communicate any change in your application status, I’d say expect an email. Don’t bother obsessively checking the portal.
Kidding (sort of), thanks for the info! And good luck at your interview!!
when is it scheduled for? Did you get to choose a date?No, my portal is exactly the same. If they need to communicate any change in your application status, I’d say expect an email. Don’t bother obsessively checking the portal.
Smh looks likes it lol oh wellll. Hopefully we shall hear back soon!The wait continues...looks like I need to just log back in January 2 at this point.
Swoosh10
Full Member
I was given a choice to either schedule it for this evening or on Monday. I scheduled for Monday instead. It’s weird because the entire interview day only last for 20mins.when is it scheduled for? Did you get to choose a date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This evening??? Omg that’s so soon lol. But ya my interview was about 20 minutes as wellI was given a choice to either schedule it for this evening or on Monday. I scheduled for Monday instead. It’s weird because the entire interview day only last for 20mins.
wow that's crazy that its the same day or the next business day.I was given a choice to either schedule it for this evening or on Monday. I scheduled for Monday instead. It’s weird because the entire interview day only last for 20mins.
normally interviews are out to a week at least
Swoosh10
Full Member
How did yours go? Was it straight MMI or more of an hybrid, and they tried getting to know you at least. If it was just MMI, how many stations?This evening??? Omg that’s so soon lol. But ya my interview was about 20 minutes as well
Current MS1 at Meharry. Just dropping a few insights about Meharry since I know their application process can be stressful.
1. Meharry has a small Admissons office, and they also look at each applicant holistically which means their application cycle runs late. A couple of people each year will still be accepted up until the first week of classes.
2. Applications are screened but it’s not just based on stats. No one knows the specific criteria but not everyone will get a secondary. There have been people with high MCAT scores that haven’t gotten a secondary from Meharry because their app didn’t fit the school. There have been people with low MCAT scores that did get one because their app fit the school. Everything they do is holistic.
3. Try not to stress. Meharry usually doesn’t give specific updates about applications but you will receive an email when they’re considering you. Check the spam folder of your email to make sure you don’t miss any or whitelist their admissions email. The portal is the site showing your submitted secondary. The portal will only be updated to show a decision letter from the school (acceptance). Rejections, secondaries, acceptances, and II will all be sent via email. If you’ve interviewed then check your portal periodically. Sometimes the decision will be there before you get an acceptance email because they just haven’t gotten around to sending the emails yet.
4. Don’t put any concern into when you applied, got a secondary, interviewed, or received certain/different emails vs someone else. None of it matters. Some people will apply early and get accepted later than other who interviewed after them. It’s part of the holistic process. If you haven’t received a rejection you’re still in the running. I applied early in July, interviewed in September and didn’t get accepted until April.
5. Meharry typically does 1 interview with a single faculty member. Anything else may be something new they’re trying this application year. Don’t expect a second one, they can be a bit disorganized so if they tell you you’re fine and don’t need to do anything further then you’re good. If you’ve had your interview then try to relax and wait for a decision because stressing won’t help anything.
1. Meharry has a small Admissons office, and they also look at each applicant holistically which means their application cycle runs late. A couple of people each year will still be accepted up until the first week of classes.
2. Applications are screened but it’s not just based on stats. No one knows the specific criteria but not everyone will get a secondary. There have been people with high MCAT scores that haven’t gotten a secondary from Meharry because their app didn’t fit the school. There have been people with low MCAT scores that did get one because their app fit the school. Everything they do is holistic.
3. Try not to stress. Meharry usually doesn’t give specific updates about applications but you will receive an email when they’re considering you. Check the spam folder of your email to make sure you don’t miss any or whitelist their admissions email. The portal is the site showing your submitted secondary. The portal will only be updated to show a decision letter from the school (acceptance). Rejections, secondaries, acceptances, and II will all be sent via email. If you’ve interviewed then check your portal periodically. Sometimes the decision will be there before you get an acceptance email because they just haven’t gotten around to sending the emails yet.
4. Don’t put any concern into when you applied, got a secondary, interviewed, or received certain/different emails vs someone else. None of it matters. Some people will apply early and get accepted later than other who interviewed after them. It’s part of the holistic process. If you haven’t received a rejection you’re still in the running. I applied early in July, interviewed in September and didn’t get accepted until April.
5. Meharry typically does 1 interview with a single faculty member. Anything else may be something new they’re trying this application year. Don’t expect a second one, they can be a bit disorganized so if they tell you you’re fine and don’t need to do anything further then you’re good. If you’ve had your interview then try to relax and wait for a decision because stressing won’t help anything.
Last edited:
Hey! for anyone interviewing today/ soon could yall please let us know when they plan on releasing decisions lmao thank you