2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

II just now.

OOS. Scheduled for first week of January

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i got the A!!! 5 minutes ago

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I only had one interview! The other two things they told us would happen never came through.
Really. I’m so confused with the varying informations they send out. I did my MMI interview yesterday, and I was told to expect a traditional interview around July 7th, and then a Q&A session right after that. I guess this just applies to people who interview in December and other months after

Really. I’m so confused with the varying informations they send out. I did my MMI interview yesterday, and I was told to expect a traditional interview around July 7th, and then a Q&A session right after that. I guess this just applies to people who interview in December and other months after
Oh wow. Yeah I interviewed early/mid november and just had the traditional. Did you mean January 7th?

Does anyone know if Meharry accepts pass/fail for prereqs?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 2.20.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 2.20.23 PM.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Next person that gets an interview, could you post what it looked like/how you found it on your portal? I'm having trouble navigating past the "view details" "view html" options on my screen. This would be super helpful!

Next person that gets an interview, could you post what it looked like/how you found it on your portal? I'm having trouble navigating past the "view details" "view html" options on my screen. This would be super helpful!
it wont be on the portal! mine and everyone else's have been sent via email! but the decision will be posted on the portal tho!

Reactions: 1 users
Any accepted students care to share their stats? I’m urm in nyc applying in 2 years
MCAT 508, cGPA 3.9, 3rd quartile CASPer. I am from GA but I went to Undergrad in Nashville. But Meharry is huge on mission fit. They will reject a 520+ MCAT if they feel like you don't fit.

To everyone who has heard nothing yet from Meharry: I'm a current M1 at Cooper (where I received my II in early January), but also received an interview invite at Meharry. I was complete at Meharry in late September because they sent out secondaries in late September last year. And then I didn’t receive an interview invite (II) until late May!! I'm not from the south, so I think they just look at holistic fit for the school. So don't wanna give false hope, but if you’re complete and haven’t heard anything yet, there still could be a chance!

I know it doesn't feel like it, but this cycle is not over yet. At this point last year, I hadn't received any interview invites, and I ended up with two acceptances during the month of May (Drexel and Cooper, didn't actually end up interviewing at Meharry). It's super hard waiting, but soon this will all be behind you! However, I would start thinking about reapplication - think about what in your application could be improved and make moves to improve it for next application cycle. You have a solid 4-5 months now to make moves! It's enough time for example to either retake the MCAT, write a better application (personal statement/experiences), get more clinical or volunteer experience, get stronger recommendation letters, and/or apply to a "special master's program." And consider applying to Cooper if you have to reapply, even if you're out of state (I was) :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Good evening,
Those who have or had an interview this week. May you please give advice as to how it was formatted and any tips to keep in mind? I’ve seen conflicting info how some have experienced mmi and traditional ones. I believe the interviews after December are different than those before. Btw does anyone know the post II acceptance rate here?
Thank you in advance.

Good evening,
Those who have or had an interview this week. May you please give advice as to how it was formatted and any tips to keep in mind? I’ve seen conflicting info how some have experienced mmi and traditional ones. I believe the interviews after December are different than those before. Btw does anyone know the post II acceptance rate here?
Thank you in advance.
Had mine today. It was a 1 on 1 open file. Very conversational. Just know your app and the school. Thats pretty much it. You'll be aight

I received a reminder to complete my secondary but I already submitted it. Should I be concerned?

i got one, but not sure if this means we have to resubmit the secondary

Do you guys remember the glitch when they originally sent out secondaries? An email was sent out after submission of the secondary saying to "complete the secondary". If you clicked on the link, it opened a new one. I wonder if this is why some of you are getting that new email?

I also received an email saying to submit my secondary, even though I submitted in October and when sending an update last month, they emailed me saying my app is still under review.

I received a reminder to complete my secondary but I already submitted it. Should I be concerned?
Got this same email. Clicked the link and it’s as if they’ve given me another chance to resubmit? very concerning. Not sure if I should resubmit. Would we lose our place in “line”??

I checked the portal months ago after I first submitted my secondary and it said that I hadn’t submitted and needed to pay. So, I panicked and paid. Turns out it was my second time paying! I have no idea what is going on

I didn’t receive the email to resubmit secondary. If we haven’t heard about interview by now is it looking like a rejection?

I didn’t receive the email to resubmit secondary. If we haven’t heard about interview by now is it looking like a rejection?
Based on previous threads and also comments on this thread, they interview til April and even May.
I also didn’t get an email to resubmit so idk if it means anything to get it?

I checked the portal months ago after I first submitted my secondary and it said that I hadn’t submitted and needed to pay. So, I panicked and paid. Turns out it was my second time paying! I have no idea what is going on
it was a glitch. Almost everyone got a duplicate secondary after submitting their first one. I emailed them and they told me to ignore it.

I interviewed last week and they sent me ANOTHER secondary yesterday lol. So i definitely know this too is a glitch

it was a glitch. Almost everyone got a duplicate secondary after submitting their first one. I emailed them and they told me to ignore it.

I interviewed last week and they sent me ANOTHER secondary yesterday lol. So i definitely know this too is a glitch
Congrats on your interview! Do you mind if I ask your stats? Sub 500 MCAT here hoping for the best :/

Congrats on your interview! Do you mind if I ask your stats? Sub 500 MCAT here hoping for the best :/

<3.0 513 MCAT.
but please don’t lose hope. My interviewer explicitly told me that my MCAT score did not matter as much as the rest of my application. And that my secondary and primary app were what helped get me my interview.
Aside from Charles R Drew, i think Meharry is one of the most holistic screening schools. Meharry can move a bit slow at times so the silence doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad thing.