2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who interviewed and has been accepted, how long did it take before your second interviewer set up a time? It's pretty much the end of April and I was expecting Meharry to be a bit more proactive with getting these interviews done at this time. I had my first part last week and admissions cannot give me any information on my next interview time/interviewer. They just keep saying the person will message me. Their program starts in 2 months

For anyone who interviewed and has been accepted, how long did it take before your second interviewer set up a time? It's pretty much the end of April and I was expecting Meharry to be a bit more proactive with getting these interviews done at this time. I had my first part last week and admissions cannot give me any information on my next interview time/interviewer. They just keep saying the person will message me. Their program starts in 2 months
its out of Meharry's (Adcom's) hands. If you remember, your interviewer is the one who emailed you, not MMC admissions. Unfortunately you will have to wait until your interviewer has time to interview, at which they will email you and set up the time. That person probably have a list of people they need to interview and just havent gotten to it yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
its out of Meharry's (Adcom's) hands. If you remember, your interviewer is the one who emailed you, not MMC admissions. Unfortunately you will have to wait until your interviewer has time to interview, at which they will email you and set up the time. That person probably have a list of people they need to interview and just havent gotten to it yet.
Very true. Thank you for this. I have a deposit due at another school that i dont wanna pay yet so im just biting my nails at this point.

I appreciate your perspective!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel you, I had my first one in January and still haven't had my second interview yet. I've reached out and have been told the same. I'm just trying to stay patient!

Reactions: 1 user
I feel you, I had my first one in January and still haven't had my second interview yet. I've reached out and have been told the same. I'm just trying to stay patient!
I am well aware that this is all dependent on your interviewer's schedule but waiting for over 3 months for a second part is crazy and unfair to me.

• Sad
Did you email your interviewer?
You cannot email them because you do not know who they are. They're the ones who reach out to you. Admissions won't also tell you who they are either. I even reached out to my first one to see if they knew anything and i got the same "you just have to wait to be contacted"

You cannot email them because you do not know who they are. They're the ones who reach out to you. Admissions won't also tell you who they are either. I even reached out to my first one to see if they knew anything and i got the same "you just have to wait to be contacted"
If I were you then I would email the first interviewer and admissions again and let them know it’s been months and you still haven’t received a 2nd interview.

Just got the zoom link. i think at the end of the cycle, their interview emails are a bit not of their usual standard. Lol . Send your letters of interest out and hope for the best. That’s what I did
Congrats, happy for you :). Hope everything goes well going forward. I have a question, I submitted my application on October 25 and I have similar stats as you. I got an acknowledgement of application submission but I still haven't received a secondary application yet. Did you receive a secondary application? In fact I even had an additional recommendation letter sent earlier this year, still nothing. Is it possible to get a II without a secondary? What do I do? I've been trying to contact them for god know how many times. I honestly don't know what to do now lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, happy for you :). Hope everything goes well going forward. I have a question, I submitted my application on October 25 and I have similar stats as you. I got an acknowledgement of application submission but I still haven't received a secondary application yet. Did you receive a secondary application? In fact I even had an additional recommendation letter sent earlier this year, still nothing. Is it possible to get a II without a secondary? What do I do? I've been trying to contact them for god know how many times. I honestly don't know what to do now lol
I received a secondary about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. They were due January 15th I believe.

If I were you then I would email the first interviewer and admissions again and let them know it’s been months and you still haven’t received a 2nd interview.
Yeah i already did all of that. Been trying to get a straight answer for 2 weeks out and it's the same "Don't call us, we will call you". I'm just going to wait it out

Congratulations to those who have been accepted or received an interview invite!

I have a quick question. Has there been any acceptances lately or talk of a waitlist?

For those still waiting , sending positive vibes and energy your way.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
it's crazy because she was the same person who told me i just had to wait it out. I'm tired for real.
you also gotta keep in mind its only so much she can do if the committee members arent doing their part. my interviewer said that Ms. Dixon had to reassign me a number of times because the committee members were being unresponsive. so it's not just her.

you also gotta keep in mind its only so much she can do if the committee members arent doing their part. my interviewer said that Ms. Dixon had to reassign me a number of times because the committee members were being unresponsive. so it's not just her.
That’s a valid point. I’m going to follow up with her next week.

Are interviews still going on? I haven’t heard back at all. I submitted the secondary like 3 weeks after I received it

Wait they’re sending our rejections? Wow. Today was the day a lot of students committed to programs so I guess they’re solidifying their class right now.

do you guys know how big the class is suppose to be? I can tell you how many spots are roughly left

Received the R a little while ago. Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to those still waiting on decisions! I hope to cross paths with you all in approximately 2 years.

• Care
Does anyone know if they started interviewing the masters program students ?

Withdrew my A here yall. This one was def tough to do :cryi:.
Good luck to all the Future Docs and good luck to all my homies waiting on that Acceptance!

This was one of my favorite SDN threads, and I wish everyone success! :cat::highfive:

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Withdrew my A :( hope it goes to one of y’all !

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I just had my first interview this Sunday, haven't heard back anything about the second part, tried emailing Meharry admissions but haven't received any response, anyone know what to do?

I just had my first interview this Sunday, haven't heard back anything about the second part, tried emailing Meharry admissions but haven't received any response, anyone know what to do?
Hey! My interviews were about 3 weeks apart and I didn’t hear about my second interview until about 2 weeks and change after my first one, but it varies some people interviewed days apart and some weeks/ a month or more . I know it’s been said on this thread times a million lol but there’s not much to do besides wait until the second interviewer messages you, since you already sent a follow up message.

It’s sucks….. I know 😭😭. But it seems patience has been the Mantra for this year’s thread.

• Care
I have made a few observations about this forum, I have seen a lot of hostility on this forum, something so rare to find on other forums, some of you guys are mean and rude to others. These forums are meant to support and encourage each other through a very difficult application process. you do not have to respond to someone if you have nothing kind to say. Build a culture of empathy and compassion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have made a few observations about this forum, I have seen a lot of hostility on this forum, something so rare to find on other forums, some of you guys are mean and rude to others. These forums are meant to support and encourage each other through a very difficult application process. you do not have to respond to someone if you have nothing kind to say. I am glad that I won`t be meeting most of you. Build a culture of empathy and compassion.
You will find people who come off as hostile in any school you attend. This process is frustrating and sometimes people don't use the kindest words. I try not to read too much into what people say on here, especially since they are protected by anonymity. A post does not give you an insight into some of the obstacles people have endured to even apply.

This thread isn't not an accurate insight into the type of students that Meharry accepts but rather an insight into how you will meet various personality types across all medical schools, in residency, as attendings so it's best to just realize that everyone does not respond to stress and frustrations the way you do and this doesn't mean they're terrible people.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hey! My interviews were about 3 weeks apart and I didn’t hear about my second interview until about 2 weeks and change after my first one, but it varies some people interviewed days apart and some weeks/ a month or more . I know it’s been said on this thread times a million lol but there’s not much to do besides wait until the second interviewer messages you, since you already sent a follow up message.

It’s sucks….. I know 😭😭. But it seems patience has been the Mantra for this year’s thread.
Thank you so much!!

does anyone know how many spots are left or how far into the process they are?! I interviewed back in February and have not heard a thing since then.

• Hmm
does anyone know how many spots are left or how far into the process they are?! I interviewed back in February and have not heard a thing since then.
There are currently 70 people in the GroupMe so I would say 40-45 spots left.