2021-2022 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they said interviews were still going out until the middle of April.

Reactions: 13 users
Does anyone know how far in the admissions process Meharry is? I interviewed back in February and this silence is killing me

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how far in the admissions process Meharry is? I interviewed back in February and this silence is killing me
Hi, I am unsure myself. I interviewed in January and still nothing :/.

• Care
the official group me has around 80 people in it if that puts anything into perspective. So there are spots guys dont' lose hope! Meharry literally accepts people up until school starts at the end of June so there is time ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
If anyone is looking for an apartment PM me. Spacious 1bed/1ba available in June (15 mins away from campus). Starbucks coffee machine in the office/study area. Lots of Meharry students live here as well.

Hey sorry for bothering you again but did you receive a confirmation email after you sent your update in? I sent one and was just wondering how long on average it takes to get added to a file 😅
Hey! Not a bother at all. When I sent my GPA update I didn't get a response for about 10ish days. I sent a follow up email and was able to get a response and Ms. Dixon told me to email again whenever I got my new mcat . When I sent in my MCAT update I did not get a repsonse, but when I did my interview I mentioned the new score and the interviewer did have it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Not a bother at all. When I sent my GPA update I didn't get a response for about 10ish days. I sent a follow up email and was able to get a response and Ms. Dixon told me to email again whenever I got my new mcat . When I sent in my MCAT update I did not get a repsonse, but when I did my interview I mentioned the new score and the interviewer did have it.
Alright cool thanks!

I guess I’ll email another update just to keep my interest up because I’ve had silence

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Received an interview invite. !! Are the interviews virtual for Meharry?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
stat and complete date

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the zoom link. i think at the end of the cycle, their interview emails are a bit not of their usual standard. Lol . Send your letters of interest out and hope for the best. That’s what I did

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Virtual interview! They will communicate whether you need to send a link yourself or it will be created for you! Congratulations:) you’ll do amazing

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Is there a Facebook page or groupme for accepted students???

Just got the zoom link. i think at the end of the cycle, their interview emails are a bit not of their usual standard. Lol . Send your letters of interest out and hope for the best. That’s what I did
so you sent out a letter of interest?

so you sent out a letter of interest?
I did. Doesn’t hurt to put yourself out there. The worst thing they could do is say no we don’t want it. I sent update letters to most schools I was waiting on unless they stated otherwise. Some schools have explicit policies that say no to updates.

Hey congrats on the II homie! From what everyone has said so far they are virtual. Was curious to see if anyone responded to your LOI you sent in and if you sent it in recently like this month or last.

Just curious, for those of us that have interviewed but still have not received a decision, May you please like this message?

Currently, I am trying to see something. If there are 80 people in the accepted group and 114 spots in the class, do the awaiting decisions outweigh or undermine the number of spots left?

Reactions: 4 users
Just curious, for those of us that have interviewed but still have not received a decision, May you please like this message?

Currently, I am trying to see something. If there are 80 people in the accepted group and 114 spots in the class, do the awaiting decisions outweigh or undermine the number of spots left?

there’s currently like 85 in the group chat. but i know for sure some people are going to withdraw their acceptance in the next couple of weeks

Reactions: 2 users
there’s currently like 85 in the group chat. but i know for sure some people are going to withdraw their acceptance in the next couple of weeks
Are they done with interview invite

Reactions: 1 users
Are they done with interview invite

I personally have no idea but I don’t think they are. looking at old threads they interview late into the cycle. and most schools interview 3 times their normal class number.

I’m not sure if this is correct at all but they may be holding spots for their students in the Master’s program because traditionally they don’t interview until after Spring grades are released.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m not sure if this is correct at all but they may be holding spots for their students in the Master’s program because traditionally they don’t interview until after Spring grades are released.
This was a theory I had too. Maybe they’re slowing down to interview the MPH program. And maybe they are waiting to see how many filled seats they have after the “chose your medical school” tool on April 30th before handing out more acceptances . Again, I don’t know for sure and it’s not confirmed by admissions. Just a running theory.

Do they send rejection mail, why is it that the portal can't be accessed

Has anyone received a formal rejection yet? I’ve had nothing but silence since submitting my secondary and I’m trying to figure out the likelihood that I was silently rejected.

Has anyone received a formal rejection yet? I’ve had nothing but silence since submitting my secondary and I’m trying to figure out the likelihood that I was silently rejected.
no, i think they might still be interviewing and will send out rejections once they are done.

Hey congrats on the II homie! From what everyone has said so far they are virtual. Was curious to see if anyone responded to your LOI you sent in and if you sent it in recently like this month or last.
No one really replied to me tbh. Honestly, im not sure if my LOI worked or even if it was read but i shot my shot. From what the interviewer said to me, my application was read in detail because I was told my interview matched my application (same person on paper and during my the zoom interview).

They definitely send out rejections but only after their interview season is over. I am a reapplicant (applied in the 2020-2021) cycle and I did get a rejection in March 2021. Hope this helps.

They definitely send out rejections but only after their interview season is over. I am a reapplicant (applied in the 2020-2021) cycle and I did get a rejection in March 2021.
They definitely send out rejections but only after their interview season is over. I am a reapplicant (applied in the 2020-2021) cycle and I did get a rejection in March 2021. Hope this helps.
Are you a post bacc

No one really replied to me tbh. Honestly, im not sure if my LOI worked or even if it was read but i shot my shot. From what the interviewer said to me, my application was read in detail because I was told my interview matched my application (same person on paper and during my the zoom interview).
Wow so you must’ve interviewed like the very next day after getting the invite?