2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What’s the soonest someone has heard back post II? Whether A or R?
I think this cycle it has been around 4 weeks (1 month) to get a decision. The fastest I have seen was 2 weeks for a decision, but that was last cycle.
For those of you who have gotten II, do you remember what time of the day you guys got them, in the morning, afternoon? lol im sure it varies, just feeling pretty anxious, constantly checking my email
All emails from PCOM usually come in the morning to early afternoon

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope this brings more hope than sorrow: last few times II were sent out were on Fridays. Cross your fingers and toes that you get one in the morning/early afternoon, regardless if you haven’t received any II or if you’ve been waiting for a long time!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Does anyone have any insight on PCOM vs OU-HCOM? I was accepted to the Cleveland campus of OU and I've been trying to make my decision. I am an Ohio resident so it would be cheaper to go to OU and I would be closer to my family. I just wonder if PCOM has more research opportunities etc.
PCOM itself has limited clinical research opportunity but it’s location in Philadelphia is tremendous for research. All the nearby academic hospitals have research in nearly all specialties and are more than happy to take on PCOM students if you put in the work to email them and network

Reactions: 2 users
What’s the soonest someone has heard back post II? Whether A or R?
Receipt of decision is totally dependent on when you interview and when the Committee meets. If you meet the week of Committee meeting it can take 4-6 weeks to hear, if it is the week before the meeting it can be 2 weeks. Committee typically has met on a Tuesday then decisions are processed by the staff and emailed or mailed. If it takes longer than 4-6 weeks it could be your decision was shelved because the Committee had questions and your interviewers were not present at the meeting when you file was brought up. They are very diligent on this process and they really put alot of positive energy in file review and decisions.

Reactions: 3 users
Receipt of decision is totally dependent on when you interview and when the Committee meets. If you meet the week of Committee meeting it can take 4-6 weeks to hear, if it is the week before the meeting it can be 2 weeks. Committee typically has met on a Tuesday then decisions are processed by the staff and emailed or mailed. If it takes longer than 4-6 weeks it could be your decision was shelved because the Committee had questions and your interviewers were not present at the meeting when you file was brought up. They are very diligent on this process and they really put alot of positive energy in file review and decisions.
Thank you so much for your detailed response! I interviewed on 3/2. My anxiety is through the roof lol.

Just on FB and it looks like PCOM PHL has information on the Match 2022. Looks like some great matches.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know of any group me's or facebook pages to join for the class of 2026?

PCOM itself has limited clinical research opportunity but it’s location in Philadelphia is tremendous for research. All the nearby academic hospitals have research in nearly all specialties and are more than happy to take on PCOM students if you put in the work to email them and network
Thank you!

Does anyone know when the FB group will be released for incoming students or if there is a group me to join?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else hear anything this week so far on II? I see/heard of A/R/WLs but nothing for II yet.

I find it so comical that every time I think I pinpoint the date for which they might release a batch of IIs, I am sooooo wrong.

Anybody else hear anything this week so far on II? I see/heard of A/R/WLs but nothing for II yet.

I find it so comical that every time I think I pinpoint the date for which they might release a batch of IIs, I am sooooo wrong.
I haven’t heard anything either! And that’s how I feel. The silence is killing me

just wanna vent here: I applied to both PA and GA campus. I thought if I paid for the GA campus, I wouldn't need to pay for the PA campus. I was wrong and misread SGA for GA. So this whole time PA didn't even read my app. GA campus is good and I'm grateful for the II I got there, but I just feel that PA suits me better. I called the office, and as expected, they couldn't do anything about it (I don't blame them). I'm bummed, but I just gotta look forward and move on. On the bright side, my potential candidacy is given to someone who loves PA campus too. I hope y'all get accepted and have a great time there. Cheers!

just wanna vent here: I applied to both PA and GA campus. I thought if I paid for the GA campus, I wouldn't need to pay for the PA campus. I was wrong and misread SGA for GA. So this whole time PA didn't even read my app. GA campus is good and I'm grateful for the II I got there, but I just feel that PA suits me better. I called the office, and as expected, they couldn't do anything about it (I don't blame them). I'm bummed, but I just gotta look forward and move on. On the bright side, my potential candidacy is given to someone who loves PA campus too. I hope y'all get accepted and have a great time there. Cheers!

Good luck regardless in the GA campus.
You got into med school and that’s all that matters at the end of the day. Stride forward and be the best physician you can be. Let the GA campus expose you to the pt population you would rarely see here and allow that experience to craft you into a better physician.

Complete 10/15. Sent a letter of interest in February. Silence 😕

killlingggg me omg. trying to remain hopeful despite this waiting game
can’t believe I wrote this less than 24 hours ago, but finally got a II today. Teared up at the invite :,) the longest waiting game of my life but I’m praying it’s all worth it!

Reactions: 7 users
can’t believe I wrote this less than 24 hours ago, but finally got a II today. Teared up at the invite :,) the longest waiting game of my life but I’m praying it’s all worth it!
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask your stats? I was really hopeful about this school but I haven’t heard anything so far

Last edited:

NIIIIIIICEEE! Lilcheese had some lilTears

What date is your interview?

• Haha
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask your stats? I was really hopeful about this school but I haven’t heard anything so far
thanks!! and 3.73 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA, sub 500 MCAT, 1500+ clinical hours as a med scribe for MDs, some research and 3 internships. I also have a committee letter w 2 MD letters. No DO letters or DO shadowing. Oh also OOS and URM

Last edited:
wondering if any of us will hear about any II throughout the rest of the day, or if they just send IIs in a batch one time a day lol the anxiety is real

I really messed up my chances here by paying the application fee in late December. Fml

wondering if any of us will hear about any II throughout the rest of the day, or if they just send IIs in a batch one time a day lol the anxiety is real
seems like they send ii only in the morning.

• Sad
Did anyone who interviewed in early March hear back yet?
I heard back on Tuesday and was waitlisted. Interviewed 03/03. crossing my fingers to get off of the waitlist soon :xf:

• Care
Does anyone have an idea about the approximate number of Biomed students that have been accepted so far this year?

Did anyone who interviewed in early March hear back yet?
I interviewed on 3/4/22 and heard back on 3/22/22 at around 10AM. It seems like it really depends on when the committee can get together to review your file/interview. Also from what I've seen, it seems like most things go out on Tuesdays.

II received on 3/28 for 3/30 for anyone who is interested. Withdrew. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
They gave you an interview with only 2 day notice or did you select that date? That’s crazy
This kind of thing happens when someone who had been slated for an interview drops it.
With virtual interviews they can fill the slot quickly

This kind of thing happens when someone who had been slated for an interview drops it.
With virtual interviews they can fill the slot quickly

Crazy stuff. I remember interviewing elsewhere and having the dates to choose being so close.

Ridiculous that it can be so last minute.

Omg just got the A!!!!!!! interviewed 3/18!!! i am shocked they got back to me so quickly

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Got a II today. Shocked because I submitted in January! Excited.

Just got an interview invite today!! Primary submitted 8/24 and secondary 8/25. So excited! such a great school its high up on my list! 3.65 GPA and 512 MCAT

Also in addition to that, did someone confirm if the councilor information disappeared on the portal that...does it mean it has already been reviewed? i can't really remember the last time i checked my portal lol
I think we have concluded that it doesn’t mean anything significant. PCOM probably just removed it from everyone’s because it’s not on the portal for applicants that have been accepted, interviewed, or still waiting. Unless the counselor is still on someone’s portal then I don’t think we can say anything for certain

• Love
Phew, thank you!

I sent my update letter in. Anyone on here who submitted update letters/interest letters, how long did it take to hear back for an II?
I uploaded mine to my portal in early March. got an interview invite last Thursday for an interview tomorrow. Hope this helps.

• Care
For anyone who already did their interview, how long was the info session? I know it's mandatory with a start time of 12pm and my one on one interview is later in the afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator: