2021-2022 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received this morning, only showing me interview dates for 9/7 and 9/9--waiting to see if they'll update more dates as I have other interviews those days.

Got accepted! Quick question to anyone who may know. I am still deciding between multiple acceptances, when do I have to give a decision/make a deposit to RVU by? I see there is a matriculation document that is due in two weeks, but I am not sure if that is it or if the deadline to make a deposit or something is at a later date.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted! Quick question to anyone who may know. I am still deciding between multiple acceptances, when do I have to give a decision/make a deposit to RVU by? I see there is a matriculation document that is due in two weeks, but I am not sure if that is it or if the deadline to make a deposit or something is at a later date.
The deposit seems like its split up into 3 payments, the first payment of $250 being due in December. Signing the matriculation agreement I think just confirms that you're willing to do the background check, drug test, immunization titers, etc.

II received this morning, only showing me interview dates for 9/7 and 9/9--waiting to see if they'll update more dates as I have other interviews those days.
When was app changed to "completed"?

How long did it take you guys to get a secondary? I applied a little late and wondering if I should email them or just wait.

Had an interview last week...Was wondering if any current students or prospective students could shed some light on where RVU students live around campus?

Is there anyone that completed on or near August 17 that has received an II or still waiting to hear back?

Congrats, when was your app completed?

Is there anyone that completed on or near August 17 that has received an II or still waiting to hear back?
I was complete on 7/29 and still waiting. September is still early for interviews so not giving up hope yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Had an interview last week...Was wondering if any current students or prospective students could shed some light on where RVU students live around campus?
After you get accepted one of the things that appear in your portal is a list of nearby apartments that the school recommends (the apartments are not in any way associated with the school however.)
My fiance and I just finished checking out a bunch of places nearby and are really hoping we can get into a place called Cherrywood apartments or Ranchstone which are both really nice and are both near the school.

Anybody know if RVU does silent rejections pre-interview? Complete since Aug 17th

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My campus preference on my portal changed from NP to Colorado today, does this mean anything?

Mine has been like that for at least a few weeks. I don't think it means much.

Accepted! Got the call earlier today. Interviewed on 9/7. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
How long does it take for the portal to change from interview to accepted?

Accepted! Got the call earlier today. Interviewed on 9/7. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
How long does it take for the portal to change from interview to accepted?
Congrats! When were you changed to completed?

Submitted secondary on 7/26 and just checked the portal and my application marked complete! Last LOR was checked in was on 9/22. That took soooo long...

Interview Invite this morning! This is my top school so I am super excited! Can anyone give some insight to how the interview was?

Interview Invite this morning! This is my top school so I am super excited! Can anyone give some insight to how the interview was?
Congratulations. We are looking at this school for 2022, can you tell us why this is your top school?

Congrats! Interview is very relaxed, 2 faculty (who they will send you bios of beforehand) will talk to you about you app mostly. I had random questions like "teach me something", but other than that pretty easy going.

My interview was honestly a lot of fun. It was very relaxed and really felt like a conversation. Unlike a few other interviews, the two faculty who were interviewing me had warm reactions to a lot of the interview (smiled, nodded their heads, laughed at my corny jokes, etc.) I was applying HPSP so they asked me about how my process for that was going, and then a lot of the typical "why us, why medicine, tell us about yourself." Of the interviews I've done so far, they were by far the most natural.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone that has received an II, Pre-II Rejection, or still waiting that completed their APP on or near August 17?

Is there anyone that has received an II, Pre-II Rejection, or still waiting that completed their APP on or near August 17?
Mine was also marked complete on Aug. 17th and I haven't heard anything so far! We can hang on tight and try to be patient together lol.

just got that R today :( !!! not super surprised considering my lower MCAT and OOS, but still sucks whenever you see that email ://///

• Care
just got that R today :( !!! not super surprised considering my lower MCAT and OOS, but still sucks whenever you see that email ://///
I’m sorry to hear that! It’s just one school though and you only need one yes!! If you don’t mind me asking, did you get the R before an interview invite or after?

There’s not really a specific place students live… honestly the best resource for us was the Facebook group for our class to find other people to live with. Parker is expensive, I know a lot of students live closer to downtown. Depends on what your preferences are. I live in a rental house in Parker (married with kids)

Oof, got the R pre-II before I was complete apparently. Never got the file complete status on my portal, just "No results returned by this query".

• Care
I want to get some feedback from those who have interviewed with this school before. I had my interview today. It lasted 40 minutes and I don’t know how I did. The question were on expected lines as noted in the Interview Feedback section. I gave the answers to the best of my abilities but didn’t get much verbal or physical feedback from the interviewers. Is that a normal thing? How long do they take to give their response?

I want to get some feedback from those who have interviewed with this school before. I had my interview today. It lasted 40 minutes and I don’t know how I did. The question were on expected lines as noted in the Interview Feedback section. I gave the answers to the best of my abilities but didn’t get much verbal or physical feedback from the interviewers. Is that a normal thing? How long do they take to give their response?
Don't stress on it, they're trying to listen to you while determining the next question to ask. My interview was 16 days ago, eagerly waiting to hear back!

Do you remember who interviewed you?

Don't stress on it, they're trying to listen to you while determining the next question to ask. My interview was 16 days ago, eagerly waiting to hear back!
Thanks. Sending good vibes your way.

I think Dr Ang and an MD in Peds ( forgot his name)
Dr Dang? Yeah she’s really nice. I wouldn’t put much stock into it if you feel like you fumbled just 1 question (or even a few). It happens to the best of us.

Dr Dang? Yeah she’s really nice. I wouldn’t put much stock into it if you feel like you fumbled just 1 question (or even a few). It happens to the best of us.
Thanks. Now my wait starts.

how long has it been taking most people to receive an interview decision?

Yeah same that is the only one that keeps changing
I checked the portal today and noticed today that my LOR date is a recent date, though I was complete more than a month ago. Seems like this was brought up in August, wondering if anyone is still seeing similar info? I wonder that's when they last peaked at my application or could be indicative of an incoming interview? Anyone know?

I checked the portal today and noticed today that my LOR date is a recent date, though I was complete more than a month ago. Seems like this was brought up in August, wondering if anyone is still seeing similar info? I wonder that's when they last peaked at my application or could be indicative of an incoming interview? Anyone know?
Mine updates every few days and has been since being complete. Not really sure if that means that's when they last looked at the application but that's what I'm guessing since it doesn't update on a set schedule