2021-2022 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a secondary for this school? I thought it was just questions on the primary? no?

There's a secondary for this school? I thought it was just questions on the primary? no?
You are correct, however, you still get a secondary invite to pay for your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to you all! Feels like yesterday I was doing mine. I remember how stressed I was but how exhilarating it felt to finally have that acceptance. Excited for all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Incoming second year here. Feel free to DM or @ me if you have any questions. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
How long after submitting AACOMAS did you guys receive a secondary application?

How long after submitting AACOMAS did you guys receive a secondary application?
I submitted my primary for Rocky Vista on 6/13 and received the e-mail to pay for the supplemental application fee on 6/29.

So I am working on the primary app part for this school. I had a committee letter. What should I do in regards to entering this? Do you enter the committee letter and then 2 more? Do I enter just the committee letter? Thanks!

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for the admissions status on the portal to go from applicant to file complete? Has anyone's moved yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was marked complete this morning on my portal. Secondary submitted 7/6

For people that submitted AACOMAS...how long did it take for you to receive the link for secondary payment after submission?

For people that submitted AACOMAS...how long did it take for you to receive the link for secondary payment after submission?
I submitted my AACOMAS application for Rocky Vista on 6/13 and received the link for the secondary payment on 6/29. However, my AACOMAS application was already verified since 6/2 because I applied to other schools on 6/1.

can someone post the prompts please?

Anyone has "File Complete" status? and if so when did you submit your secondary fee?

Mine says File Complete as of today (8/10). Submitted my secondary on 6/29
Awsome! so it is going to take time to have the file complete status, I submitted my secondary on 7/26.
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
For those who received an II, when was your application status changed to "completed" ?

Incoming second year here. Feel free to DM or @ me if you have any questions. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle.
I have my interview scheduled for Tuesday 8/24 woohoo! I am told it is a 1 hour zoom interview and 48 hours before I will get an email notifying me of my interviewers and there is a page where I can go to learn more about them. How do you advise I best prepare for this interview? What is the interview structure like? Thank you so much! Wish me luck!

I have my interview scheduled for Tuesday 8/24 woohoo! I am told it is a 1 hour zoom interview and 48 hours before I will get an email notifying me of my interviewers and there is a page where I can go to learn more about them. How do you advise I best prepare for this interview? What is the interview structure like? Thank you so much! Wish me luck!
That's good to hear, did they give you any option for in-person interview? I submitted secondary in the first week of August so I have a ways to wait.

Anyone here still waiting on receiving a secondary fee?

Submitted primary 8/11, haven't gotten a confirmation yet either

There’s an interview section on sdn that people have posted past questions they got on their interview. Definitely know why this school, why medicine and why DO cold and know your app forwards and backwards. I had my interview before covid so it was in person and was essentially a two on one where they asked me questions about myself and application. If you have any other questions please let me know and good luck!

That's good to hear, did they give you any option for in-person interview? I submitted secondary in the first week of August so I have a ways to wait.
Good luck! Fingers crossed for you. All of the interviews are virtual this year with RVUCOM:/

There’s an interview section on sdn that people have posted past questions they got on their interview. Definitely know why this school, why medicine and why DO cold and know your app forwards and backwards. I had my interview before covid so it was in person and was essentially a two on one where they asked me questions about myself and application. If you have any other questions please let me know and good luck!
Thank you so much for your help! Where can I find that page? I apologize this is the first time I am using sdn!

For some reason I decided to review my secondary and just realized I accidentally submitted a draft for one of the questions and somehow skipped the "any other pertinent info" question altogether. At least the one doesn't have typos but it's not nearly as specific about why I want to attend RVU-COM. This probably ruined my II chances, I feel like such an idiot lmao kicking myself for being so careless :/

My completion date for my recommendation letters keep updating on the portal, is this happening to anyone else?

Hey 2nd year RVU student here. Let me know if you guys have any questions

For those that applied here, there are questions on the AACOMAS you have to fill out before applying here. However, do they have additional secondary questions as well?

Accepted!! Got the call about an hour ago. I interviewed on 8/25.

Reactions: 5 users
For those that applied here, there are questions on the AACOMAS you have to fill out before applying here. However, do they have additional secondary questions as well?
nope, you just submit the payment for the secondary.