2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope so... if I am part of it haha! IK they said most As come out in spring. do the people who go through past threads know that this is true?
Are there only a certain group of people who are allowed to go through past threads? :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
IK they said most As come out in spring. do the people who go through past threads know that this is true?
Seems like they have one gigantic A announcement in the last week of February!

For 2020-2021 cycle, it was 02/24.
For 2019-2020 cycle, it was 02/27.
For 2018-2019, it was 03/01.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like they have one gigantic A announcement in the last week of February!

For 2020-2021 cycle, it was 02/24.
For 2019-2020 cycle, it was 02/27.
For 2018-2019, it was 03/01.
Okay, great! Thank you for your research hehe

• Care
no, anyone can. That's just way too intense for me
Fair enough! It just seemed a little odd to be inviting others to perform research to answer a question for you, especially when you knew exactly where to find the answer.

Reactions: 1 users
Fair enough! It just seemed a little odd to be inviting others to perform research to answer a question for you, especially when you knew exactly where to find the answer.
Oh I didn't mean it like that, I just thought that knowing SDN, there's a 90% chance someone already has that answer haha

Oh I didn't mean it like that, I just thought that knowing SDN, there's a 90% chance someone already has that answer haha
Oh, sorry. In that case I misunderstood and was just being a smart-a**.

• Haha
Got the call!! Accepted! Interviewed mid-October

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got the A. Super super excited, felt that I aligned really well w their values

Interviewed 8/30

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I got accepted!!!!! In-state resident, Interviewed 8/23. AHHHHHHHH

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like we're waiting until February 😩 They're playing the long game I see

Reactions: 4 users
Looks like we're waiting until February 😩 They're playing the long game I see
not necessarily--they called way into the evening last month. also, they very well could be divvying calls up over today and tomorrow. last month they only started calling on Friday.

not necessarily--they called way into the evening last month. also, they very well could be divvying calls up over today and tomorrow. last month they only started calling on Friday.
We'll see! Either way sending everyone still waiting good vibes.

also realized my reply may have seemed a little cold. I really do appreciate this comment so much my head is just empty rn lmao

Got the call this morning!! My first A! I definitely cried a little on the phone with the director of admissions.

Interviewed 10/25, ORM, OOS, LM 81

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed with Pritzker back in August and this waiting game is killing me. This program has been my top choice since well before this application cycle began and my love for it just keeps growing and I just want to tell the adcoms PICK ME CHOOSE ME LOVE ME
I GOT IN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if Pritzker has internal ranking for its students? Tried to research this but couldn't find this info anywhere

Does anyone know if Pritzker has internal ranking for its students? Tried to research this but couldn't find this info anywhere
I’m pretty sure theres no ranking both for the preclinical years and clerkships...i remember reading somewhere on the website about the curriculum being ‘competency-based’

Late post:
On Dec 9th, 2021: received Pre II R. Complete 12/1.
Chicago Applicant. 517, cGPA 3.69

Best of luck everyone!

Has anyone received anything about the financial aid application? I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be made available today

I asked this before, but did anyone get accepted yet who had a November interview?

I think I had the first stressful Pritzker interview in history. Did anyone who got accepted have 1 interviewer who asked probing/grilling type questions?

I think I had the first stressful Pritzker interview in history. Did anyone who got accepted have 1 interviewer who asked probing/grilling type questions?
Interesting. I thought Pritzker was known for chill type of interviews. May I ask specifically what you were grilled on?

Interesting. I thought Pritzker was known for chill type of interviews. May I ask specifically what you were grilled on?
I thought so too! I don't want to dox myself but it wasn't about my app, it was about systemic racism/classism. Questions I really couldn't have prepared for. I've been feeling weird and confused ever since because pritzker is def my top choice

I thought so too! I don't want to dox myself but it wasn't about my app, it was about systemic racism/classism. Questions I really couldn't have prepared for. I've been feeling weird and confused ever since because pritzker is def my top choice
I definitely had some hard-hitting questions in my interview about inequality in society/healthcare, etc. but it did not feel like the questions were aimed at stumping me. I'd say it felt more like they were trying to stimulate meaningful conversation and get to my values and I just assumed that was because Pritzker is a heavily values-based school. Could that have been it?

I definitely had some hard-hitting questions in my interview about inequality in society/healthcare, etc. but it did not feel like the questions were aimed at stumping me. I'd say it felt more like they were trying to stimulate meaningful conversation and get to my values and I just assumed that was because Pritzker is a heavily values-based school. Could that have been it?
Yeah that does sound like what they were trying to do. I was a bit surprised though because the convo before that had been very light so I'm not sure I gave them a good response, but hopefully I'm just being too critical in retrospect and it actually made sense at the time

• Care
Yeah that does sound like what they were trying to do. I was a bit surprised though because the convo before that had been very light so I'm not sure I gave them a good response, but hopefully I'm just being too critical in retrospect and it actually made sense at the time
I think we all go through that to some extent in this process! Stay positive, I'm sure you did great. Worrying will only make you miserable (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

• Care
Does anyone know if they accept/are responsive to letters of intent? I just interviewed and honestly I'm head over heels for pritzker :cryi:

Was looking at the previous threads, seems like there's a small wave of A's (late January) before the main decision dump late February/early March. It's about to get to late January 👀

Last edited:
Was looking at the previous threads, seems like there's a small wave of A's (late January) before the main decision dump late February/early March. It's about to get to late January 👀
I feel like I've been counting down the days to late February 😩😭 Pritzker would be a dream come true. This school has stopped interviewing though, right?

I feel like I've been counting down the days to late February 😩😭 Pritzker would be a dream come true. This school has stopped interviewing though, right?
Historically they interview all the way till early Feb, so probably not. And I feel you on Pritzker, probably my favorite interview day I had.

Kind of a long shot here but does anyone know when they start to do like first look or anything like that? I couldn't find anything on the internet :(

Anyone happen to know how generous Pritzker is with need-based aid?

Anyone happen to know how generous Pritzker is with need-based aid?
I believe all of their aid is merit-based but they do consider need as well. I'm not exactly sure how they do this, but their financial aid is known to be pretty generous.