You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 University of Washington
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Feeling hopeful! The Seattle/OOR AL is at #3!!!How we feeling waitlist warriors?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lastditcheffort
Full Member
Up to #3 on Spokane! Is this normal considering how little people are accepted off this waitlist?
Aand it's through #6 for Seattle/OOR now!
lastditcheffort
Full Member
It seems like WL are moving kinda early this cycleAand it's through #6 for Seattle/OOR now!
Splogies
Full Member
True. I imagine that UW is actually making movement as they see people withdraw their A’s, unlike other schools which make everyone wait until 5/1It seems like WL are moving kinda early this cycle
It’s up through #7 for Seattle/OOR!
lastditcheffort
Full Member
Hopefully we'll find out in the next two days!anyone planning on withdrawing spokane acceptance?
SEA/OOR is now through #16, fam!!!
dimplesage
Full Member
Withdrew my A to the Seattle cohort earlier this week. Very bittersweet, good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
p3rryl0v3rr
New Member
did you mean #23? or really #33? crazy it still hasn't changed from 17 on the portal....Checked the portal like 15 minutes ago and said it was at 17, then I got a call 5 minutes ago with an A from the WL as #33!! Hang in there folks
Splogies
Full Member
Really 33! I was just as shocked, but extremely grateful!!did you mean #23? or really #33? crazy it still hasn't changed from 17 on the portal....
Here’s the Seattle cohort GroupMe!: GroupMe - Join the group for WWAMI Seattle Cohort Accepted Students c/o 2029Is there a groupme for Seattle accepted students?
Wondering the sameDoes anyone have any experience negotiating for more aid from UW? How did it go, and would it not hurt to try?
Hey, graduating MS4 here from the Seattle cohort. Was wondering whether the Seattle cohort had some sort of group so that I can reach out to all of you. There is a Mother-In-Law apartment near UW in the Bryant neighborhood. I lived here for all my 4 years, extremely quiet and clean and updated place. My landlord only leases it out exclusively to medical students as she wants to offer extremely affordable housing to med students (over 50% off to a comparable place in Seattle).
Edit: I see a groupme link above, but unable to join it.
Edit: I see a groupme link above, but unable to join it.
the groupme got closed because we all got admitted to a slack channel for the incoming class. I am an incoming MS1 and interested in learning more about this property, could I message you?Hey, graduating MS4 here from the Seattle cohort. Was wondering whether the Seattle cohort had some sort of group so that I can reach out to all of you. There is a Mother-In-Law apartment near UW in the Bryant neighborhood. I lived here for all my 4 years, extremely quiet and clean and updated place. My landlord only leases it out exclusively to medical students as she wants to offer extremely affordable housing to med students (over 50% off to a comparable place in Seattle).
Edit: I see a groupme link above, but unable to join it.
Regarding WWAMI
They say they will consider out of region applicants if they have a connection to WWAMI, including having lived in one of the states >1 year.
I lived in Washington for a year. Curious if people have experience or data on how people that aren’t WWAMI residents but meet this sort of criteria fare.
They say they will consider out of region applicants if they have a connection to WWAMI, including having lived in one of the states >1 year.
I lived in Washington for a year. Curious if people have experience or data on how people that aren’t WWAMI residents but meet this sort of criteria fare.
I really think you only need legal resident status, they may question why you moved here during the interview stage. You will fill out a residency questionnaire before receiving a secondary. I know a few people who moved to WA within around a year before applying, and they got in. They had genuine reasons for moving, ie. spouse got a job etc.
I don’t live in Washington currently, I did a few years agoI really think you only need legal resident status, they may question why you moved here during the interview stage. You will fill out a residency questionnaire before receiving a secondary. I know a few people who moved to WA within around a year before applying, and they got in. They had genuine reasons for moving, ie. spouse got a job etc.
Then you just have to hope for the best, very few people get OOR secondaries. If you meet UW's definition for "having ties," then feel free to apply. Most OOR students I have met have stronger ties than that, like having lived here throughout their childhood.I don’t live in Washington currently, I did a few years ago
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K