2021-2022 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call at 4 from one of my interviewers! Accepted :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
04:15 pm... got the call... holy **** its done I'm going to medical school baby

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got the call a little bit ago. so excited!! 🧡💙🧡💙

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got the A and both interviewers checked in! Pretty stoked since I thought I didn’t have a chance at UF. Rolling off a post ii R from another school (those hurt) so I know how that feels too. Congrats to everyone on their A’s and if your reading these and didn’t make it, there’s definitely another school that is going to love you for you. But as for me, gator it is!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got a call! Does anyone know if they send something more official, like an official acceptance email or letter in the mail?
Congrats! I got my A in the form of an email and it said to be on the lookout for more communication in the upcoming days!

Reactions: 1 user
Got a heart attack with the "residency confirmed" e-mail just now. Hanging onto hope for a II!

Got a heart attack with the "residency confirmed" e-mail just now. Hanging onto hope for a II!
same thing happened to me last week LOL congrats to everyone who got accepted though!! Does anyone know if they offer more IIs after the first wave of A's?

• Hmm
Interviewing soon. Any tips? what was conversation with interviewers like?
I thought UF did an amazing job of matching you with interviewers who share your interests. The level of conversation I was able to have with my interviewers was very unique compared to other schools and really felt like a "get to know you" conversation.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought UF did an amazing job of matching you with interviewers who share your interests. The level of conversation I was able to have with my interviewers was very unique compared to other schools and really felt like a "get to know you" conversation.
Sounds less stressful! Anybody else got any anecdotes from recent interview here?

Sounds less stressful! Anybody else got any anecdotes from recent interview here?
Go to Swamp Social! Made next day's interview less stressful.

Interviews are at the end of the day (its a long day) so have some coffee, tea, or whatever you have to stay awake and alert nearby.

Did anyone get an email yet with instructions for how to submit a deposit? I can't get into my portal for some reason and I want to make sure I am not missing it
click the link in the email from the admissions director i was able to pay it

Hi, what deposit? I’m still waiting on the “next steps email” does anyone know if we have received that yet?
I got mine. You don't need the next step email to do a deposit though, you can just go to the portal and go to the "admitted applicant section" where you can tell them what your intentions are with the admissions offer followed by a deposit page

I got mine. You don't need the next step email to do a deposit though, you can just go to the portal and go to the "admitted applicant section" where you can tell them what your intentions are with the admissions offer followed by a deposit page
Got it! Thanks, I just sent in my deposit! Somehow missed the next step email in the junk folder.. yikes. Any chance you got an updated gator link yet?

• Haha
How do you check the status of this school -- I created the UOF online portal when I signed up to get my student ID but it doesn't seem to show much their?

How do you check the status of this school -- I created the UOF online portal when I signed up to get my student ID but it doesn't seem to show much their?
There are two separate UF portals: the professional school portal and the secondary portal. You can check your status on the secondary portal under "home."

We interviewed on 11/5 and I believe they said we would hear back by 11/16 is this a strict date or do we sometimes hear back before or after the date they give us?

For anyone who interviewed on 10/29, when did they said you would hear back by?

So I heard back and got waitlisted. Any advice on when and how to submit a letter of intent? This is my dream school so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
We interviewed on 11/5 and I believe they said we would hear back by 11/16 is this a strict date or do we sometimes hear back before or after the date they give us?
They told us 10/26 and they notified us on 10/26. So I assume it will be the same for yall as well.

So I heard back and got waitlisted. Any advice on when and how to submit a letter of intent? This is my dream school so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
How did you feel the interviews went? Did they give you their contact info? Were they more conversational or asking more questions.

I can tell everyone else is in the waiting game now to because it's got so dead lol

For those still riding the high of an A, has anyone gotten an acceptance packet yet or had their professional review completed? Anxious that I missed something and just want to make sure I start! Also, I would love to get a group chat for A’s so we can get to know each other a little better! DM me if interested with your # and I’ll create a whatsapp once we have a quorum!

For those still riding the high of an A, has anyone gotten an acceptance packet yet or had their professional review completed? Anxious that I missed something and just want to make sure I start! Also, I would love to get a group chat for A’s so we can get to know each other a little better! DM me if interested with your # and I’ll create a whatsapp once we have a quorum!
I was accepted on 10/26, and just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday!! :)

A via email. Interviewed on 10/29

Edit: got an email from one of the interviewer, call from the other interview, and got an official institutional email as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an A! Offical email then interviewer!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
WL today. OOS MD-PhD applicant. MD interviewed on 10/29. Feels like I'm not getting an MD-PhD A if I got an MD WL :/

• Care
How did you feel the interviews went? Did they give you their contact info? Were they more conversational or asking more questions.
I thought they went really well! I guess something must have gone wrong and I didn't pick up on it. Yes they gave me their contact info and they were definitely more conversational.

IS, complete august, and it's been total silence since... anyone else??

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the lowest metrics that has ever been accepted here?

Can someone comment anectondally regarding UFCOM's fin aid? I wasn't able to go to seminars but what sort of merit-based scholarships and need-based grants do they offer?

Anyone received A today from 12/3 interview?

I thought they said it is 12/14. Did you have interview on 12/3?
in November, but I was assuming it’s like a batch thing. So everybody who interviews after last batch hears on a certain date, but could be wrong.