2021-2022 University of South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long after the acceptance call should we expect an official email?
In the call (SELECT yesterday) they said a letter would come via mail next week. I was also able to commit via amcas which is I think pretty official. I am just not too sure what the next steps are in term so finances and orientation. Hoping that they will fill us in soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How much time do we have to accept or decline the offer from USF if pulled off the waitlist? I’m debating whether I’d want to go there or not rn and need some time to think about it.

Has anyone with low or average stats gotten called off the waitlist? Seems like they're calling all high stat people first

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take you guys to receive the acceptance email? I am not sure how to confirm my acceptance here, I feel like I blacked out during the call 😅
I haven't gotten an email, but the USF acceptance was on the AMCAS choose your school thing the same day, so I'm taking that as confirmation!

What is the Farmer Award?
Idk. I also just received the initial financial aid package email. I couldn’t find any info online, but it seems like a small award to help with tuition.

What is the Farmer Award?
It's your summer research stipend for SELECT students (for between M1 and M2). It was 3k for me a couple years ago. CORE students typically get a different stipend if they do summer research, but it's something they have to apply for called SSAE or something, I'm not sure of the details on that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Tough to say, but from past forums looks like most of their WL movement is between these first two weeks of May..
But also, the more time passes, the less people post about it because everyone assumes no one cares anymore. Last year someone posted they got the call in June so, movement could be happening all along

Got the acceptance folder in the mail today

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
So I live far from my parents and they got my acceptance packet. How long do I have to sign and return the forms in the packet?

Can they scan it to your email? Then you can print it out, sign it, scan it and email to usf
Yeah, that sounds best. Just curious: do they say anything specific to your app like complimenting specific part of your story or something in the packet?

Yeah, that sounds best. Just curious: do they say anything specific to your app like complimenting specific part of your story or something in the packet?
Nope. Pretty standard acceptance packet that is generic to all applicants.

Does anyone know when the Facebook group is gonna approve the next wave of accepted students? I’ve been waiting for like 2 weeks, and I can’t take it anymore.

Does anyone know when the Facebook group is gonna approve the next wave of accepted students? I’ve been waiting for like 2 weeks, and I can’t take it anymore.
same lol, and the number of members isn't changing either

Like this message if you’re still currently on the CORE waitlist

Reactions: 7 users
Any hope for someone who's still on the SELECT WL?

They updated the Facebook chat, it has 130 members. Does anyone know why the one from last year has like 300? Isn't the class size like 180?

If you got accepted do you request access to the Facebook now or wait for them to send you a link?

To all select interviewees who were accepted off the waitlist, did you send a letter of intent?

For those that got off the waitlist last week, did any of you get an email? I just got the acceptance mail. They said they were going to send an acceptance email too but never have sent it.

For those that got off the waitlist last week, did any of you get an email? I just got the acceptance mail. They said they were going to send an acceptance email too but never have sent it.

I was accepted last Monday 5/2, and I just got the email this afternoon!

Reactions: 4 users
They updated the Facebook chat, it has 130 members. Does anyone know why the one from last year has like 300? Isn't the class size like 180?
rising ms2 here. yes, the class size from last year was ~180, but many of the people in the fb group are students from other years who joined in order to make publicity posts for their student orgs. several of the members of the class of 2026 fb group are also from other years and have joined preemptively in order to find roommates + make publicity posts. the member counts don't accurately reflect your future class size

Any hope to come off the CORE waitlist? Has anyone been accepted recently?

Has anyone accepted within the last 2 weeks received an email yet?

question for current students: are there research labs located near the medical school campus downtown? I am an incoming M1 and recently visited tampa to apartment search. I signed on a downtown apartment near the med school, however, my parents accidentally booked our hotel near the old campus so I got to see how annoying that 10 mile drive was every day and don't want to work in a lab that far away. what is the selection of research like in downtown? I'm interested in doing neurology research (stroke and/or cognition stuff).

The main campus is next to Moffitt Cancer Center and the VA hospital, also the Byrd Alzheimer's Institute which may be relevant to your interests. There are many labs there you could join if you wanted to. But there are also many research opportunities at Tampa General Hospital which is close to the new med school downtown. I would estimate the majority of my classmates do research via TGH, although I was in a lab at Moffitt. The other thing to consider is that you wont be working on your research or in the lab every day. I went one day per week to my lab, and that's pretty typical. The faculty understand how busy we are and have reasonable expectations for how much time we have for research. Plus a lot of med student research you can do from home (looking through patient charts, for example). Living in an apartment downtown by the new med school is likely the smart choice, if you can afford the rent.

Downtown Water St location

So has there been any movement at all for CORE? I've been waitlisted since 4-13 and steadily losing hope for the last 2-3wks