2022-2023 Florida State

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At what point would it be reasonable to email the admissions office? Not sure if I will or not, just mulling it over currently. Would not want my email to come across in the wrong way
 
Last edited:
Okay. So let’s hold hope for today. I have hope. Literally look at my SDN username LOL. (Ive been waiting to apply Early Decision for 5 years.) I think it’s a valid point that Early Decision interview invites (whether they go to everyone or those they seek to invite) should be out by now according to timeline and historical patterns. However, in 2019, I believe they were sent over a matter of days to various ED applicants. As in some received on Aug 30th, and some on Sept 4th of 2019. It could be that some ED applicants get their II later in time than others. I’m on vacation right now with my best friend and he literally got an II at 3AM in the morning at another Florida school. If not today, then maybe a friendly inquiry/email on Tuesday could bring some insight.
Yes, the username is relevant lol. I did not know that about the 2019 cycle. That gives me a little more hope. Hoping the best for all of us ED applicants. Thank you
 
Quiet on my end… I’m a little disappointed since I thought we’d hear back in Late August… we shall wait another day I suppose…
 
1662491466313.png


and so we continue to wait another day
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could someone clarify what it means to be complete? Does receiving the payment confirmation mean you're complete?
 
Could someone clarify what it means to be complete? Does receiving the payment confirmation mean you're complete?
If they emailed you saying your application is complete it means they received payment and your secondaries. So now there’s nothing left for you to do but wait til they reach out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete date?
I received an email saying my application was "complete" once I submitted the $30 payment for the secondary. No ED application gets looked at until all applicants have submitted and paid for secondaries, which I believe they extended the payment to Aug 28th due to complications on their end. So no matter how early or late you submitted your application, they are all getting looked at at the same time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To the folks who have received interview invitations, how did you approach the 500 word limit on each question? As a general rule, I tend to use word/character limits as gauge for how much detail they want, but 500 words on all of their questions is a huge amount of writing. It seems really excessive for some of the questions.
 
To the folks who have received interview invitations, how did you approach the 500 word limit on each question? As a general rule, I tend to use word/character limits as gauge for how much detail they want, but 500 words on all of their questions is a huge amount of writing. It seems really excessive for some of the questions.
Personally, I didn’t think that the volume of writing was intense. I actually needed more space to reflect on years of hard work as a pre-med student to discuss ‘why medicine?’ and ‘why FSU?’