2021-2022 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! Not sure if you got your answer but I also received an interview to UF so I can share my approach without going too in-depth.

What I did was first frame how the student responded to the experience and then picked out one or two experiences from own life that matched the student's. If that makes sense lol. It's going to sound repetitive when you write it, but it depends how you approach it.

To put it another way, the first half of the response was my interpretations of the student's take-away and the second half of the response was my own experiences in which I had a similar take-away.

Hope that helps!!
Did you only choose one of the student's essays or did you reflect on both?

Members don't see this ad.

Just received II late after 9pm, IS, LM 76.2

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For people who did the interview already or maybe for the people that are going for an interview, what was the statistic they displayed for the number of students interviewed versus the number of students accepted? I forgot to write it down.

For people who did the interview already or maybe for the people that are going for an interview, what was the statistic they displayed for the number of students interviewed versus the number of students accepted? I forgot to write it down.
For last year's application cycle, it was 340 interviewed and 230 accepted.

Got the call this morning!
Complete 7/31
Stats: 3.96 (3.98); 520
IS, ORM

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Its about 57% II to A conversion for IS applicants who interview

Its about 57% II to A conversion for IS applicants who interview
Hunger Games Odds GIF

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do the research opportunities here compare to that of UMMSM and USF Morsani? Asking because I would like to emphasize research during my time in medical school and plan on focusing on academic medicine. According to USNWR, UF has the second-highest NIH funding in Florida, just behind U Miami. That said, I would like to know if UF is considered a research powerhouse and how it compares to the aforementioned schools? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. @Indianfatty96 or any other current student, please feel free to chip in!
Hey I've seen your posts on the other two threads so I wanted to comment here! Forewarning, I'm an applicant just like you, but I've been doing research at UF for almost 5 years now. I would say the research opportunities here are pretty endless and there are projects in almost every academic field. I think a quick browse of the faculty pages of the different departments will attest to that.

As far as how it compares to the other schools, I'm not sure how much of an answer you will get unless someone has attended both schools or has friends at those schools. Although I'm a little biased as a Gator myself, I would say that UF is 100% a research powerhouse and our almost $1 billion in research funding is proof. You will def find what you're looking for in terms of academic opportunity!

Lmk if that helps :)

Last edited:
  • Love
I have received no confirmation regarding a transfer of my professional application.....I have no idea if the transfer went through or not. Do you guys suggest a contact UF? or...?

Are these interviews open file or closed file?
I believe it's partially closed. I don't have an II yet but from what I know, they don't see your GPA/MCAT.

I have received no confirmation regarding a transfer of my professional application.....I have no idea if the transfer went through or not. Do you guys suggest a contact UF? or...?
I haven't either, I just trust that it says complete on the portal so hopefully they received it. I can reach out and try to find out!

It's kind of quiet in here compared to other years. UF was my UG and dream school so I've been monitoring these threads for years and normally there would be a lot of activity by now. Has anyone heard anything recently?

I believe it's partially closed. I don't have an II yet but from what I know, they don't see your GPA/MCAT.

I haven't either, I just trust that it says complete on the portal so hopefully they received it. I can reach out and try to find out!

It's kind of quiet in here compared to other years. UF was my UG and dream school so I've been monitoring these threads for years and normally there would be a lot of activity by now. Has anyone heard anything recently?
I emailed em. My professional application has been transferred, so I think your good. As for the lack of posts, I think people have been staying silent about IIs and such. I know a couple people who are active on this forum, have gotten IIs, and have not posted. The silence from this school is not fun. One of my parents attended UF for residency so pressures high lmao.

I emailed em. My professional application has been transferred, so I think your good. As for the lack of posts, I think people have been staying silent about IIs and such. I know a couple people who are active on this forum, have gotten IIs, and have not posted. The silence from this school is not fun. One of my parents attended UF for residency so pressures high lmao.
Did your friends get the A today? Also do you know their complete date if they don't mind you sharing it? I completed 9/1 so not super early but I've seen them send II for people who submitted afterwards which might mean they passed up on me now lol

They told us the 26th will be decision date

Has anyone gotten in here with lower stats? are the stats heavy or more holistic?

Has anyone gotten in here with lower stats? are the stats heavy or more holistic?
I've always been told that they're very holistic. However, I think the MSAR data says otherwise and they seem to prefer higher GPAs

Did your friends get the A today? Also do you know their complete date if they don't mind you sharing it? I completed 9/1 so not super early but I've seen them send II for people who submitted afterwards which might mean they passed up on me now lol
What the other poster mentioned. I was told the same by my friends.
I've always been told that they're very holistic. However, I think the MSAR data says otherwise and they seem to prefer higher GPAs
Well that explains it lmao

Got II this morning! 505/3.92/U.R.M. Submitted 9/5 Literally so surprised right now. But I worked here before so I have a feeling already being in their "system" so to speak already helped.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got II this morning! 505/3.92/U.R.M. Submitted 9/5 Literally so surprised right now. But I worked here before so I have a feeling already being in their "system" so to speak already helped.
Congrats!! I’m glad to hear people are still getting IIs here! I submitted a little before you so I’m guessing they passed up on me for now

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone else expecting to hear back this tuesday 10/26? cant remember if they said they were going to release decisions or call at a certain time?

anyone else expecting to hear back this tuesday 10/26? cant remember if they said they were going to release decisions or call at a certain time?
Yessir!

If I recall, they didn't specify anything other than decisions come out 10/26

yeah I heard from current students your interviewer can call you early and let you know but officially it's been after 5 for the majority of them
ooooo ty ty

Yeah I very much would prefer after 5 just cause I don't want to wake up to a missed call from a 352 area code lmao

ooooo ty ty

Yeah I very much would prefer after 5 just cause I don't want to wake up to a missed call from a 352 area code lmao
I also have a Florida area code and am worried about my extended car warranty very much today.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
anyone know what the latest times people have received calls in the past are?