You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I checked it early this morning probably like 8AM Chicago time and it still said something about the interview. It was updated when I looked at around 4.Did yours recently change this afternoon or has it been that way since you last looked? I'm wondering if they will continue to change or not.. I know they said it means nothing but it feels like it should?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like batches are the most reasonable because if someone declines, someone else can take the place? But now I have no idea lolDo you guys think there are still going to be batches? My interviewer was very adamant about me checking my email in June
Well looking up grad schools near me rn so I can have a back up plan lol
I just applied to over 10 jobs as a back up lol
Personally, I was looking back at the old forums and they heard back for over a month after the first wave. I think the status update could be a good sign but I don’t think the rest of us should lose hope yet! I’m still at a “ready for interview” status and I’m just going to try and relax and stop thinking about it until I either get a email or call, or July rolls around.
It’s a very competitive program and while I’d love to be accepted, I also have to be realistic! Good luck everyone and let’s not stress to much about it.
It’s a very competitive program and while I’d love to be accepted, I also have to be realistic! Good luck everyone and let’s not stress to much about it.
keyofspade
Full Member
My interviewer said they were hoping to send tentative offers late May. These tentative offers mean that you are accepted to the program but might not have been matched to a location yet. That was why my interviewer also told me that we will most likely hear back starting June.
mjex18
Full Member
Did they clarify if they are still doing batches?Yeah so emails will be sent out sometime today. I called again to get clarification, no emails have been sent out so if your portal changed, it was most likely an error or maybe not but emails are the confirmation. So keep refreshing your emails loll
Do you know if it is going to be in batches?Yeah so emails will be sent out sometime today. I called again to get clarification, no emails have been sent out so if your portal changed, it was most likely an error or maybe not but emails are the confirmation. So keep refreshing your emails loll
Abbie M
Full Member
Nope, she didn’t mention anything about batches or like she didn’t say the “first round of acceptances will be sent out today” It sounded like all emails. She just said “no emails have been sent out but emails will be sent out sometime today”.Did they clarify if they are still doing batches?
mjex18
Full Member
I wish they'd clarify it lmaooo or I wish they'd send out rejections just so I know for sure :')Nope, she didn’t mention anything about batches or like she didn’t say the “first round of acceptances will be sent out today” It sounded like all emails. She just said “no emails have been sent out but emails will be sent out sometime today”.
Abbie M
Full Member
You know what at this point TBH I’m just like over it lollllI wish they'd clarify it lmaooo or I wish they'd send out rejections just so I know for sure :')
whatever the heck happens, happens. This has been the longest 5-6 months ever lol; let me move on with life lol;
Like previous forums read, you kind of can’t bank on this being your only option. You kind of just like have to live life as if you haven’t gotten it/normally then out of the blue pack up your life and move to a new state lol
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mjex18
Full Member
Feel that!!! Obviously proud of all of us for getting this far, but SHEESH this wait is killing me lmaoYou know what at this point TBH I’m just like over it lollll
whatever the heck happens, happens. This has been the longest 5-6 months ever lol; let me move on with life lol;
Like previous forums read, you kind of can’t bank on this being your only option. You kind of just like have to live life as if you haven’t gotten it.
mjex18
Full Member
See that's what I was thinking ?? Because I know soooo many interviewers told us that we could be waiting to hear back even in AugustI would think they would still do batches! It doesn’t make sense for them to ch age how they have done things for the past few years!
I was told the people who don’t hear back until August were waitlisted and got matched when other people turn down their offer. The initial “batch” are those ranked highest and matched first.See that's what I was thinking ?? Because I know soooo many interviewers told us that we could be waiting to hear back even in August
amillsap
New Member
I’ve also been told by a current PHAPer that batches are released by geographic region, so just because you don’t get an offer in the first round doesn’t necessarily mean you weren’t a top pick. But who knows, it seems to be up in the air as to what they’re doing this yearI was told the people who don’t hear back until August were waitlisted and got matched when other people turn down their offer. The initial “batch” are those ranked highest and matched first.
Georgraphic region in terms of where you currently live or in terms of placement that they put you in?I’ve also been told by a current PHAPer that batches are released by geographic region, so just because you don’t get an offer in the first round doesn’t necessarily mean you weren’t a top pick. But who knows, it seems to be up in the air as to what they’re doing this year
LPublicHealth
Full Member
Hey all! I know this is pretty stressful! Every year there seems to be "a glitch in the system" so this isn't too crazy of a situation. I would ignore the portal changes until you receive an official email. You’re in for a long bumpy ride so I would not stress too much at this stage 😂
When the emails are sent out it will basically say "You have been matched to [city and state] and assigned to work on [topic], you have 24 hours to accept your match in the portal" ... yes we were given 24 HOURS to give them an answer. Once you accept in the portal you will eventually be reached out to by a HR rep to start the process to get your tentative offer letter. You will only receive your specific host site info (what health department and who your supervisor is) later in the process after background checks have been passed etc..
Go on a walk...take a break... don’t stress!
When the emails are sent out it will basically say "You have been matched to [city and state] and assigned to work on [topic], you have 24 hours to accept your match in the portal" ... yes we were given 24 HOURS to give them an answer. Once you accept in the portal you will eventually be reached out to by a HR rep to start the process to get your tentative offer letter. You will only receive your specific host site info (what health department and who your supervisor is) later in the process after background checks have been passed etc..
Go on a walk...take a break... don’t stress!
amillsap
New Member
I can ask, but I’m thinking it was in terms of where they place youGeorgraphic region in terms of where you currently live or in terms of placement that they put you in?
Abbie M
Full Member
Lol 24 hours?????? Insanity!! You basically have either 24 hrs to decide to pack your life up and move somewhere new & start a new life or not...goodness, not enough time lol 😂 These are big life decisions to make for such a short amount of time to think about it lol! But I guess it’s worth it soo be prepared for whatever I guess lolHey all! I know this is pretty stressful! Every year there seems to be "a glitch in the system" so this isn't too crazy of a situation. I would ignore the portal changes until you receive an official email. You’re in for a long bumpy ride so I would not stress too much at this stage 😂
When the emails are sent out it will basically say "You have been matched to [city and state] and assigned to work on [topic], you have 24 hours to accept your match in the portal" ... yes we were given 24 HOURS to give them an answer. Once you accept in the portal you will eventually be reached out to by a HR rep to start the process to get your tentative offer letter. You will only receive your specific host site info (what health department and who your supervisor is) later in the process after background checks have been passed etc..
Go on a walk...take a break... don’t stress!
Last edited:
keyofspade
Full Member
Sorry to be updating the forum because I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the someone posting about receiving emails. I just wanted to ask if whether we are 100% sure that some emails will be sent out today. Needless to say, I've been distracted all day waiting for emails and forum updates. This process is very nerve-wracking.
I spoke to 4 different people between yesterday and today - the people today said they will be starting today. One of them said that today will be the day for all of the notifications. The other person said they’re starting today and going through next week. Neither of them told me a time or had a solid answer to what PHAP is doing with alternatives. So, I have no idea whether today is IT or if it continues. I’d like to believe it continues given what we know about past cohorts... but i’m anxiously awaiting like all of you.Sorry to be updating the forum because I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the someone posting about receiving emails. I just wanted to ask if whether we are 100% sure that some emails will be sent out today. Needless to say, I've been distracted all day waiting for emails and forum updates. This process is very nerve-wracking.
I’ve been refreshing my email every 10 min 😂Sorry to be updating the forum because I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the someone posting about receiving emails. I just wanted to ask if whether we are 100% sure that some emails will be sent out today. Needless to say, I've been distracted all day waiting for emails and forum updates. This process is very nerve-wracking.
I was told yesterday that emails will be sent by 3 p.m.I spoke to 4 different people between yesterday and today - the people today said they will be starting today. One of them said that today will be the day for all of the notifications. The other person said they’re starting today and going through next week. Neither of them told me a time or had a solid answer to what PHAP is doing with alternatives. So, I have no idea whether today is IT or if it continues. I’d like to believe it continues given what we know about past cohorts... but i’m anxiously awaiting like all of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3 p.m eastern time?I was told yesterday that emails will be sent by 3 p.m.
I agree. While we agreed to take a placement wherever, I think 3 days is a more reasonable amount of time to make a decision. I’ll go anywhere, and don’t have a partner or children to worry about, but for some people that’s not the case.Lol 24 hours?????? Insanity!! You basically have either 24 hrs to decide to pack your life up and move somewhere new & start a new life or not...goodness, not enough time lol 😂 These are big life decisions to make for such a short amount of time to think about it lol! But I guess it’s worth it soo be prepared for whatever I guess lol
I believe so since CDC headquarters function in EST3 p.m eastern time?
keyofspade
Full Member
No emails but I was one of the people who had a portal changed. My portal now has additional entries. Anyone see any changes? Why are they making system errors like this 🥲
marissanicole
New Member
Yeah, I saw the portal entries change too. Now it says “admin class” and has a few more questions.No emails but I was one of the people who had a portal changed. My portal now has additional entries. Anyone see any changes? Why are they making system errors like this 🥲
futurebrightt
Full Member
I also see these changes, maybe system errors as in we were not supposed to see the changes as they are being made? Still refreshing my email lolNo emails but I was one of the people who had a portal changed. My portal now has additional entries. Anyone see any changes? Why are they making system errors like this 🥲
I experienced the same.No emails but I was one of the people who had a portal changed. My portal now has additional entries. Anyone see any changes? Why are they making system errors like this 🥲
It looks like the form they use to enter your match information but it’s showing up on our end.No emails but I was one of the people who had a portal changed. My portal now has additional entries. Anyone see any changes? Why are they making system errors like this 🥲
GoodDays21
Full Member
Before i got the interview email i saw them making final edits in the portal. I think that’s what they might be doing with the location assignments right nowI also see these changes, maybe system errors as in we were not supposed to see the changes as they are being made? Still refreshing my email lol
mjex18
Full Member
I still think they're doing batches as they have in previous years, so for everyone who didn't see portal changes - don't give up 🙂
My portal hasn't changed either, but as I've said, my interviewer told me multiple times (without me even asking) to give it until at least August!
My portal hasn't changed either, but as I've said, my interviewer told me multiple times (without me even asking) to give it until at least August!
keyofspade
Full Member
Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching ☕ GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION! My Confirmation Matching got marked Complete. I have location as Atlanta, GA for Infectious Disease (one of my field)
GoodDays21
Full Member
omg congrats!! 🎉Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching ☕ GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sierra n
Full Member
I still think they're doing batches as they have in previous years, so for everyone who didn't see portal changes - don't give up 🙂
My portal hasn't changed either, but as I've said, my interviewer told me multiple times (without me even asking) to give it until at least August!
My interviewer said to check in June!
futurebrightt
Full Member
Yay congrats, my portal changed but I have not seen a location change as yet!Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching ☕ GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION! My Confirmation Matching got marked Complete. I have location as Atlanta, GA for Infectious Disease (one of my field)
OMG congrats this is the exact combination I was hoping for 😭Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching ☕ GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION! My Confirmation Matching got marked Complete. I have location as Atlanta, GA for Infectious Disease (one of my field)
SameMy interviewer said to check in June!
Where are you located? I’m wondering if they’re going by geographic location.Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching ☕ GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION! My Confirmation Matching got marked Complete. I have location as Atlanta, GA for Infectious Disease (one of my field)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K