2021 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also received an e-mail, but when I click on the application portal no information about the host site appears? Is anyone else having this issue?
I am having the same problem. The host site is also not listed in the email nor is the topic. I've emailed the [email protected] address. I'd call the office, but I'm assuming the office personnel have left for the day.
 
lol disregard that last post. Everything updated. I've matched to work in Frankfort, KY on Tuberculosis Prevent!
 
Hi everyone! I got matched to LA for tuberculosis prevention. I'm super excited but I'm currently located in the Bay Area and just signed a lease here, which probably wasn't the wisest decision. Does anyone know if PHAP will be remote this year? If possible, I'd like to stay in the Bay and work remotely for at least a little bit.

Also, for any previous/current PHAPers who worked on TB prevention - what did your work look like, and did you like it?
 
Hi everyone! I got matched to LA for tuberculosis prevention. I'm super excited but I'm currently located in the Bay Area and just signed a lease here, which probably wasn't the wisest decision. Does anyone know if PHAP will be remote this year? If possible, I'd like to stay in the Bay and work remotely for at least a little bit.

Also, for any previous/current PHAPers who worked on TB prevention - what did your work look like, and did you like it?
Ugh I would have killed for LA. I’m living in SoCal.
 
I wish we could take the location of others or swap. I don’t mind San Antonio but I would love anything in Southern California due to my husband having a job and my kids being around family.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I am a longtime lurker from Atlanta, GA. Based on my portal, I seem to have been matched to Columbia, SC in Emergency/Disaster Preparedness and Response.
If anyone lives in, is from, or lives near Columbia, SC please hmu! I've only been to Myrtle Beach, but I would like to learn more about Columbia.
Same here lol I also got matched there and don’t know anything about it.
 
Hi everyone! I got matched to LA for tuberculosis prevention. I'm super excited but I'm currently located in the Bay Area and just signed a lease here, which probably wasn't the wisest decision. Does anyone know if PHAP will be remote this year? If possible, I'd like to stay in the Bay and work remotely for at least a little bit.

Also, for any previous/current PHAPers who worked on TB prevention - what did your work look like, and did you like it?
I got TB Prevention in Richmond, CA, and I really wanted LA 😩
 
Has anyone else’s status changed from “ready for interview” to “matching” this evening? Unfortunately nothing has changed for me and I’m curious to know if statuses are still changing this late in the day?
 
Hi everyone! I got matched to LA for tuberculosis prevention. I'm super excited but I'm currently located in the Bay Area and just signed a lease here, which probably wasn't the wisest decision. Does anyone know if PHAP will be remote this year? If possible, I'd like to stay in the Bay and work remotely for at least a little bit.

Also, for any previous/current PHAPers who worked on TB prevention - what did your work look like, and did you like it?
I'm also from the Bay, and just matched to LA for TB prevention as well!
 
I matched with Nashville also, public health policy and law. Not anywhere near my top choices, but I accepted anyway.
That’s awesome! I’m Other infectious diseases- waterborne and foodborne illness. I have no idea where in Nashville though! I’m definitely open to having roommates if anyone is interested!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i got an email!!!!!

wow i really honestly didn’t think this was going to happen bc my interview didn’t go as well as i thought! i’m in Jackson, MS and working on Childhood Development which was my number 4 choice i think? also the location was not on my list haha. i have no idea what to do because after the interview i was not confident so i just moved forward thinking i’ll just be going to grad school for my MPH in the fall!!! help 😪
 
Just curious for the people who already got matches, when did you interview? My interview was May 11th and my portal still says ready for interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m curious- for those who have been placed, did you get that supposed glitch a few days back???
Yes, it appears that everyone who reported to see the "confirmation matching" change on their portal starting Thursday morning did receive a match location by Friday afternoon. The following users including myself have reported that we saw the change in our portal Thursday, thereafter received our location and field match:
  • marissanicole
  • futurebright
  • nessmon
  • zcrock
  • Chacko32
  • GoodDays21
  • Imperfect
  • gomezs0400
I don't believe you should fret. It appears that they have not assigned the northern states and other regions yet. I am sure they will continue releasing in batches.
 
I’m curious- for those who have been placed, did you get that supposed glitch a few days back???
Yes! I saw the "confirmation matching" on Wednesday and received my match Friday afternoon. I will say that when I first got my email that it had no location/topic information. It took another hour for all the info to show up. I was matched to Kentucky.