You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021 PHAP (CDC's Public Health Associate Program)
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wonder if it’s not just your current location, but your placement location. If this is the case, it makes sense that Atlanta locations would be on it and be a part of the first wave.Where are you located? I’m wondering if they’re going by geographic location.
keyofspade
Full Member
I still have not received an email. I am only seeing the change in my portal. I am from Georgia actually and Georgia was my first pick region. Although my subject field was not my first. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reasons to the whole process. I just saw that my application was populated with the location and subject at 3:26 PM, but still have not received an email.Where are you located? I’m wondering if they’re going by geographic location.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
keyofspade
Full Member
Did you receive an email?I matched with Asheville, NC!
marissanicole
New Member
My portal says I got matched in Pheonix!
keyofspade
Full Member
Congrats!!!!! 🎉No email yet, but my portal is now complete.
You're not alone. Mind does too! Stay positive! Unfortunately, it sounds like we can pretty much bet on there being batches.Mine still says “Ready for Interview” or whatever, have they been slowly updating or just did that all happen at once?
Chacko32
Full Member
Did you already accept the offer on the portal?Yall they really said 3 PM EST is when we clock-in and start crunching ☕ GUYS MY PORTAL SHOWS A LOCATION! My Confirmation Matching got marked Complete. I have location as Atlanta, GA for Infectious Disease (one of my field)
I currently live in the Midwest and am hoping to get matched in the Midwest. This is totally a generalization, but everything seems to operate slower here. I wouldn't be surprised if Midwest matches aren't happening just yet. But let me know if you are a fellow Midwesterner and are experiencing anything!
Oh I’m a Midwesterner in WI! And I have nothing so far!I currently live in the Midwest and am hoping to get matched in the Midwest. This is totally a generalization, but everything seems to operate slower here. I wouldn't be surprised if Midwest matches aren't happening just yet. But let me know if you are a fellow Midwesterner and are experiencing anything!
keyofspade
Full Member
No...I am too afraid without an email. The minute i click something and everything disappears. Did you accept?Did you already accept the offer on the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
keyofspade
Full Member
Congrats!!! 🎉 fellow Georgian C:Hey guys! I am a longtime lurker from Atlanta, GA. Based on my portal, I seem to have been matched to Columbia, SC in Emergency/Disaster Preparedness and Response.
ratsnotcool
New Member
I'm also midwest (IL) with preference in midwest (IL/MIN/WI/etc). Portal still says "ready for interview", really hoping I am still in the running for this! I thought my interview went well but my interviewer was stone cold and didn't really give me much to go off of hahahaI currently live in the Midwest and am hoping to get matched in the Midwest. This is totally a generalization, but everything seems to operate slower here. I wouldn't be surprised if Midwest matches aren't happening just yet. But let me know if you are a fellow Midwesterner and are experiencing anything!
Congrats to those that have been matched so far!!! I do have a question for those that have been matched, how many have an MPH/previous years relevant job experiences and how many are applying straight out of undergrad?
olivia.02
New Member
I got matched! Tulare, CA working on Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention. CA was my top geographical preference and my topic area was on the other list of topic areas I would accept (although not on my top 5 I am still thrilled). I just received an email as well. Congrats to those who have been matched and best of luck to those who are still waiting. There is still time, stay hopeful!
keyofspade
Full Member
Did you receive an email and then checked portal? ....I am now very worried because still no email. Also congrats!!!!! 🎉I got matched! Tulare, CA working on Sexually Transmitted Disease Prevention. CA was my top geographical preference and my topic area was on the other list of topic areas I would accept (although not on my top 5 I am still thrilled). I just received an email as well. Congrats to those who have been matched and best of luck to those who are still waiting. There is still time, stay hopeful!
mjex18
Full Member
Literally same here with being in IL and with the interviewer!!!! She was nice but she was was pretty adamant on saying to pretty much not go too long on my responses because she had to type everything out which made me nervous and definitely didn’t have the same experience others had where they said it felt more like a conversation than anything lol.I'm also midwest (IL) with preference in midwest (IL/MIN/WI/etc). Portal still says "ready for interview", really hoping I am still in the running for this! I thought my interview went well but my interviewer was stone cold and didn't really give me much to go off of hahaha
Congrats to those that have been matched so far!!! I do have a question for those that have been matched, how many have an MPH/previous years relevant job experiences and how many are applying straight out of undergrad?
olivia.02
New Member
Updated response. I checked the portal and confirmed I would accept the offer. Then received an email that I will be contacted by HR in the next 2-3 weeks. Thank you! Congrats to you too🙂Did you receive an email and then checked portal? ....I am now very worried because still no email. Also congrats!!!!! 🎉
Last edited:
I also matched in Phoenix!My portal says I got matched in Pheonix!
keyofspade
Full Member
Did anyone else get an email aside from Olivia? I might call the office before they close at this point.
ratsnotcool
New Member
exciting! What are your topics?I also matched in Phoenix!
olivia.02
New Member
I just updated my response above!Did anyone else get an email aside from Olivia? I might call the office before they close at this point.
I am also a midwesterner and put top 2 as midwest locations so i’m hoping your theory is correct. My portal is still saying ready for interview. very excited for everyone who has received a match!!!! congrats 💞I currently live in the Midwest and am hoping to get matched in the Midwest. This is totally a generalization, but everything seems to operate slower here. I wouldn't be surprised if Midwest matches aren't happening just yet. But let me know if you are a fellow Midwesterner and are experiencing anything!
I am also still waiting on an email 😅Did you receive an email and then checked portal? ....I am now very worried because still no email. Also congrats!!!!! 🎉
HIV/AIDS prevention!exciting! What are your topics?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GoodDays21
Full Member
I matched with Newark, NJ! I'll be working on TB Prevention
marissanicole
New Member
Viral hepatitis prevention!exciting! What are your topics?
marissanicole
New Member
Ahhh how exciting, congrats!I also matched in Phoenix!
keyofspade
Full Member
What do they mean by glitches in the system? As in the matches aren't valid? We're not supposed to see this?Hey guys,
Just called the office. Emails will continue to be sent till Monday. I was told there are glitches in the system.
Best of luck to everyone!
keyofspade
Full Member
I just got the official confirmation match email to go check my portal.
futurebrightt
Full Member
I have the same issue. My portal had confirmation matching for 1-2 daysI also received an e-mail, but when I click on the application portal no information about the host site appears? Is anyone else having this issue?
Last edited:
does your portal still say ready for interview?I also received an e-mail, but when I click on the application portal no information about the host site appears? Is anyone else having this issue?
I got Lawrenceville, GA to work on TB Prevention!!! GA was my second pick for location under FL (I was secretly hoping I would get GA) but Tuberculosis wasn't in my top 5 which I was a bit bummed about. Feeling super blessed atm, congrats to everyone else that got matched!! If anyone knows anything about Lawrenceville/the general area, please hmu!
keyofspade
Full Member
That's my hometown lol. DM me if you want more info.I got Lawrenceville, GA to work on TB Prevention!!! GA was my second pick for location under FL (I was secretly hoping I would get GA) but Tuberculosis wasn't in my top 5 which I was a bit bummed about. Feeling super blessed atm, congrats to everyone else that got matched!! If anyone knows anything about Lawrenceville/the general area, please hmu!
Not exactly from Lawrenceville, but I live near Gwinnett County. Let me know if you need any information!I got Lawrenceville, GA to work on TB Prevention!!! GA was my second pick for location under FL (I was secretly hoping I would get GA) but Tuberculosis wasn't in my top 5 which I was a bit bummed about. Feeling super blessed atm, congrats to everyone else that got matched!! If anyone knows anything about Lawrenceville/the general area, please hmu!
No it says Matched Assignment Confirmationdoes your portal still say ready for interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
natalieminaa
Full Member
i got an email!!!!!
wow i really honestly didn’t think this was going to happen bc my interview didn’t go as well as i thought! i’m in Jackson, MS and working on Childhood Development which was my number 4 choice i think? also the location was not on my list haha. i have no idea what to do because after the interview i was not confident so i just moved forward thinking i’ll just be going to grad school for my MPH in the fall!!! help 😪
wow i really honestly didn’t think this was going to happen bc my interview didn’t go as well as i thought! i’m in Jackson, MS and working on Childhood Development which was my number 4 choice i think? also the location was not on my list haha. i have no idea what to do because after the interview i was not confident so i just moved forward thinking i’ll just be going to grad school for my MPH in the fall!!! help 😪
amillsap
New Member
I went to school in Columbia!If anyone lives in, is from, or lives near Columbia, SC please hmu! I've only been to Myrtle Beach, but I would like to learn more about Columbia.
futurebrightt
Full Member
Mine just updated, I will be in Decatur, GA. Georgia was my number 1 choice. Yay! Congrats everyone.No it says Matched Assignment Confirmation
keyofspade
Full Member
Congrats!! 🎉 So many GA match-ups! What is your field?Mine just updated, I will be in Decatur, GA. Georgia was my number 1 choice. Yay! Congrats everyone.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K