2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received a secondary either. I am already complete at 44 other schools lol. Any idea? Verified 6/14 OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my secondary today finally

Reactions: 1 user
Hello applicants,

I am a current 4th year medical student at VCOM - Auburn. I may be a couple of years removed from the process, but I am still pretty plugged in.

Feel free to ask any and all questions related to the application process and VCOM - Auburn campus in general.

Good luck!

Hello applicants,

I am a current 4th year medical student at VCOM - Auburn. I may be a couple of years removed from the process, but I am still pretty plugged in.

Feel free to ask any and all questions related to the application process and VCOM - Auburn campus in general.

Good luck!
Do you by any chance know if they take lower MCAT scores (<500) later in the cycle?

Do you by any chance know if they take lower MCAT scores (<500) later in the cycle?
I applied with a mid 490's score in early October, and was accepted. I know several classmates with less than 500's that applied, interviewed, and accepted and various different points in the cycle.

I applied with a mid 490's score in early October, and was accepted. I know several classmates with less than 500's that applied, interviewed, and accepted and various different points in the cycle.
Thank you, that’s incredible news!

Does anybody else’s status say “your application is incomplete and will be marked complete by admissions after screening” ??

Mines been over a month now. Should I call/email?

i have the interview tab on my portal. however still no official II email. The only finalized dates on the portal are in mid-sept for in-person interview at the Louisiana campus

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a trend in how long it takes to hear about II or R after being marked as complete after screening?

Is there anyone that is still not complete? It’s been well over a month for me and nothing yet. Is this normal or should I call them?

I heard from a current student around mid-August that they were planning to start interviews around mid-september. They had some changes in leadership and are adjusting to that and trying to figure things out.

Secondary Completed 7/20

II earlier today in person at the Auburn campus!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Because most other schools are still doing virtual, which is very beneficial in terms of finances and not having to take off work.
Had a II with VA campus they had few virtual most in person. I did virtual

does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?

does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
I believe it is an open file interview

HOWEVER, I had one interviewer that never looked at my application before the interview, one asked me only about my GPA, and the other one asked me only about my MCAT.

No one ripped home about anything on it though. I just answered there questions and we moved on.

Marked as complete today. Hoping for good news in the near future. Submitted my secondary on 9/12.

I'm sorry y'all!!! I'm just as shocked to be marked complete so soon.

• Care
Look at that! I was just marked complete. Secondary was submitted 8/16.

Question for those who interviewed: How quickly after being marked complete were you able to see the interview tab on your profile? Did the tab appear before or after the phone call/email?

I’m confused. It says my application is at screening and it’s complete. So which one is it.

I’m confused. It says my application is at screening and it’s complete. So which one is it.
As long as you have a green check by complete you’re chillingn

Thanks for sharing, do you know if this applies to all campuses?

A current or previous student from the Auburn campus said that his experience and observations have differed. Nonetheless I think the general consensus in that thread from VCOM students is unsettling.

Saw this on Reddit about VCOM:

This has to be from a disgruntled student.

My experience is vastly different from this post. Furthermore, we have a GREAT remediation policy when actually in effect. 2 tests a week is the average, and I literally studied 4 NIGHTS a week and finished in the top 25%. Faculty is supportive though because it is a 4 campus school, they cannot change rules that apply to all campuses.

Secondly, they do not target students they dislike. I mean, if you are a student that causes issues all the time, and then fail all the time, then you can bet that they're going to dismiss you at some point...I guess just act professional and pass your classes and this wont be a problem.

Finally, they do not isolate any students. If you want to have a 3.1 or less GPA, and go party all night with your friends, then by all means, they will not stop you. But they do want struggling students to focus on school instead of on extracurriculars like planning events, guest speakers, etc because that takes a lot of time and effort... a lot of time and effort that could be going into your studies.

Have to say I enjoyed my interview experience at VCOM Auburn. Director of Admissions was welcoming and extremely friendly, Dean of school was engaging and very candid. Had the chance to talk to several students, including their OMS2 class president, who all seemed genuine. Each interview day has a max of 10 students, which I really liked.

Have to say I enjoyed my interview experience at VCOM Auburn. Director of Admissions was welcoming and extremely friendly, Dean of school was engaging and very candid. Had the chance to talk to several students, including their OMS2 class president, who all seemed genuine. Each interview day has a max of 10 students, which I really liked.
Thanks for sharing! It makes me feel a bit more relaxed about the interview :) Did you go in person?

Does yours show "Complete" but also still under "Screen Review"?

Both are checked in my portal. I also got a complete email. Im assuming here - but as long as you get the complete email then I think we are safe.

I literally submitted July 26th and still in screening. Emailed them and they pretty much just say they’re going through apps still. Almost 3 months

Reactions: 1 users