2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got it as well, feels like a soft R lol

Members don't see this ad.

This is definitely a soft R lol. Next step should be an interview not an application workshop with their MSBS department

IMG_7440.jpg

I was sent this all they way back in June before even applying and I am currently on alternate list. They hold these workshop 6x a year no matter what application stage you are at

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have people been accepted to the Utah campus after being rejected from Colorado?

I interviewed pending a decision and didn’t get that email.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else receive an email about them hosting an application workshop? I thought it was an R and they were offering feedback services but they didn’t say that explicitly
The info for the workshop showed up in my portal but I didn’t get an email about it

Yeah I have booked flight and hotel tickets but I have no idea what to expect lol

No same lol and I need to know what attire to wear because I have to pack a couple days before
I went to the Accepted Student Day on Feb 9th and we got the info email Feb 3rd. (So hopefully tomorrow for you guys!) Business casual attire, you’re sitting in a room a lot listening to presentations but there’s also a tour with current students. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 2/14 and it’s still radio silence here. I’m hoping by 3/14 at the latest I’ll hear something

I also interviewed mid Feb and haven’t heard anything!

IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR! JUST GOT THE CALL!!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A!! Interviewed 2/14. 3.56, 511

Accepted today as well :) interviewed 2/15

I saw there was a Facebook group for this class but no GroupMe yet so I made one! If there is one and I missed it I’d love for someone to send it my way!
'RVUCOM-CO Class of 2027' GroupMe

Question: I know grading is H/P/F with class ranks. Is your class rank reported to residency programs/transcripts? Or is it just internal?

Reactions: 1 users
Another question: any current student or previous posts about where to live/avoid living?

Another question: any current student or previous posts about where to live/avoid living?
I haven’t seen any previous posts. Not sure if you’re OOS or IS, but I would recommend avoiding Aurora if you can due to crime rates

I haven’t seen any previous posts. Not sure if you’re OOS or IS, but I would recommend avoiding Aurora if you can due to crime rates

I’m out of state and have never been to Colorado in my life so even this is useful. Google maps shows the area around the school is relatively middle-class/suburban? 1 bedroom apartments ranged from $1.5-$1.9k, not terrible compared to other large cities but also not fun compared to other major suburbs.

I’m out of state and have never been to Colorado in my life so even this is useful. Google maps shows the area around the school is relatively middle-class/suburban? 1 bedroom apartments ranged from $1.5-$1.9k, not terrible compared to other large cities but also not fun compared to other major suburbs.
I’m IS so I’m happy to give any info I can! Feel free to PM any questions. Most studio apartments in the Denver metro area will run around $1400-2000/month unfortunately. Some areas will be cheaper, like Aurora, but you risk the higher crime (lots of vehicle and cat converter thefts in recent years, pretty high violent crime too). Cherry creek and highlands ranch will both be pretty expensive but have much lower crime rates, lots of high income families live in those areas. Denver has really decent public transportation though so I’m looking at the Lone Tree/Littleton/Greenwood Village area for myself!

Not a current student, but I do live here. Like the other person mentioned- aurora can be a little sketch, particularly around Colfax. I live in downtown Denver/ballpark area and rent prices are just ridiculous. They increase $2-300 with every renewal even if you do find something cheaper. If I decide to go to RVU, I’ll be moving further into the suburbs like Parker. If you want to live in the city, be prepared for heavy traffic. For example, the drive from my apt to the CU Anschutz Campus is typically 15 minutes. During rush hour, I’m usually spending 45-55 min driving.

Not a current student, but I do live here. Like the other person mentioned- aurora can be a little sketch, particularly around Colfax. I live in downtown Denver/ballpark area and rent prices are just ridiculous. They increase $2-300 with every renewal even if you do find something cheaper. If I decide to go to RVU, I’ll be moving further into the suburbs like Parker. If you want to live in the city, be prepared for heavy traffic. For example, the drive from my apt to the CU Anschutz Campus is typically 15 minutes. During rush hour, I’m usually spending 45-55 min driving.
I am currently in denver for accepted students day. I would like to live in the city but every uber driver is telling me im better off living close to parker because traffic will suck. Living in the city works better for my partner’s work commute so if I only need to be on campus 2-3 days a week I will consider it.

For anyone thinking of living in downtown denver, current 2 bed prices where I am looking range from 2300-2800.

Do they accept students with 3.5-3.6 gpas and 503-505 mcat? I feel like rvu likes higher grades

Typical turnaround looks like 3 weeks on the dot.

Is it still worthwhile to apply? I just learned I can be less limited geographically and now I’m looking into this school.

II today. Complete mid-November, OOS. Pretty surprised, given that it’s Sunday.

Is the class full and if on WL/APS do they actually have a WL that moves significantly?

Yes. I was accepted with 3.6 gpa and 500 MCAT.
First year OMS-I here. I was accepted with a 3.219 overall, 2.99 sGPA, a 3.657 graduate sGPA from a BMS program, and 501 MCAT score. Moderate clinical/shadowing experience, and an IA on file from my junior year in undergrad.