2022-2023 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just declined my II from here, hope it goes to one of y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Received II OOS. Going to decline it. They finally think I am worthy of an interview.
MCAT 51x (mid-teen_, GPA 3.8).

Hopefully one of the aspiring DOCs will get my spot. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A. Best of luck to all my future physician colleagues :)

Does anyone know how RVU-Colorado did in this years match? They’ve been stellar historically so no reason to believe there was a change but I’m curious.

Amazing news IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR.. I got a full A today, got the call :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II 3/12, OOS. any advice for the interview prep? What types of questions to expect?

Got an II invite this morning but will be declining. Just do everyone knows they are still going out!

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get the following email? I never got sent a secondary lol. I’m wondering if it was just sent in error

We hope you have been doing well. This email is to inform you that we are in process of extending our final interview invitations for the 2022-2023 Admissions Cycle. If you still have an interest in RVUCOM, please complete your supplemental application as soon as possible as our interview cycle is coming to a close.

We recognize that by now, you likely have several options for your medical education. We hope you will continue to pursue RVUCOM, however, if you are no longer interested in attending our school, please log in to your portal and withdraw your application from there.

Regards,

The RVUCOM Admissions Team

Did anyone else get the following email? I never got sent a secondary lol. I’m wondering if it was just sent in error

We hope you have been doing well. This email is to inform you that we are in process of extending our final interview invitations for the 2022-2023 Admissions Cycle. If you still have an interest in RVUCOM, please complete your supplemental application as soon as possible as our interview cycle is coming to a close.

We recognize that by now, you likely have several options for your medical education. We hope you will continue to pursue RVUCOM, however, if you are no longer interested in attending our school, please log in to your portal and withdraw your application from there.

Regards,

The RVUCOM Admissions Team
Yes, I also received this email and was never sent a secondary. I emailed admissions to ask.

Is there a list of updated clinical rotation sites? The document on the website was last updated in 2021.

Also, is it just me or has it been oddly quiet from RVUCOM regarding communicating with incoming students? I also got accepted to another institution and have constantly been receiving school related information (ie setting up an email account, accepted student days, sharing aspects of the student community etc). I’ve only received an acceptance and info for what I need to do on the portal. This isn’t a bad thing - but just interesting the different approaches schools take.

Is there a list of updated clinical rotation sites? The document on the website was last updated in 2021.

Also, is it just me or has it been oddly quiet from RVUCOM regarding communicating with incoming students? I also got accepted to another institution and have constantly been receiving school related information (ie setting up an email account, accepted student days, sharing aspects of the student community etc). I’ve only received an acceptance and info for what I need to do on the portal. This isn’t a bad thing - but just interesting the different approaches schools take.
Same I'm wondering why there's been no updates yet!!

They updated their rotation sites?

They updated their rotation sites?

I’m assuming there’s been some adjustment since 2021 (the date last updated). Also considering the Utah campus and Montana Campus, there may have been updates. I also heard of a New York/Brooklyn site, but don’t see exactly where since it’s not mentioned on the published list online.

Anyone been to a previous accepted students day? There’s one upcoming on 5/25, but I already have an international trip planned and was wondering if it would be worth trying to shift my plans around to try and attend. I've already done a tour of campus, so other than that is there any significant beneficial in attending?

I interviewed March 29th and have been anxiously waiting for an update. Should I expect to hear back this week or in 2 weeks?

I'm a current 2nd year student at RVUCOM CO willing to answer any questions that I know the answer to. I dont really have any info on the admissions process/timeline though so I wont be of much help there.

when did you submit your secondary if you don’t mind sharing? congrats on the II!
Mid October! I will be attending a different school closer to home so hope it goes to someone else. BUT I was surprised to get a II in April!

Anyone been to a previous accepted students day? There’s one upcoming on 5/25, but I already have an international trip planned and was wondering if it would be worth trying to shift my plans around to try and attend. I've already done a tour of campus, so other than that is there any significant beneficial in attending?
I have never attended any of those so I wouldn't shift your plans. Have fun!

Just received an "Acceptance Pending Space"! Interviewed 3/30

Interviewed 4/5. Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is?
I interviewed on 3/30 and just heard this morning! They have offered all of their spots but are offering “accepted pending space” statuses for 2023 entry/guaranteed 2024 acceptance

interviewed on 4/4. I also heard back from them this morning that I'm on the APS status. Does anyone know how fast the APS list is moving?

interviewed on 4/4. I also heard back from them this morning that I'm on the APS status. Does anyone know how fast the APS list is moving?
Some people get accepted from APS status a few days before orientation starts. My friend had that happen and had to move from another state to Colorado in a few days, was very stressful. I was on APS and did not want to deal with that stress so I emailed them and asked if I can just start next year. I spent that year relaxing and traveling! I did not mind starting a year later because it was a guaranteed acceptance.

Some people get accepted from APS status a few days before orientation starts. My friend had that happen and had to move from another state to Colorado in a few days, was very stressful. I was on APS and did not want to deal with that stress so I emailed them and asked if I can just start next year. I spent that year relaxing and traveling! I did not mind starting a year later because it was a guaranteed acceptance.
Oh, that sounds stressful! I might wait for a month and do that as well in case they don't have space in 2027 class

Hello, I am currently accepted to rvu but also waitlisted at another school closer to my home state. Does anyone know how long I can possibly wait until I have to make a decision to enroll if my home state school keeps me on the waitlist?

Hello, I am currently accepted to rvu but also waitlisted at another school closer to my home state. Does anyone know how long I can possibly wait until I have to make a decision to enroll if my home state school keeps me on the waitlist?
I believe it's based on aacomas traffic deadlines, so April 15 and May 15 is when schools know if you hold multiple As. You may have to ask them but they prob also have that acceptance info on their site

Can any current students share any pros/cons? I’m on the waitlist at a couple schools (KCU and ACOM) but paid the deposits at RVU. Love the area when I visited and the board scores and match speak for themselves. Pass/fail also sounds great. Haven’t heard much about how clinical rotations, research, how OMM heavy the school is, or how the school supports students career goals, and the student community itself.

Just pondering what I should do if I hear back from one of the other schools when WL movement starts.

Can any current students share any pros/cons? I’m on the waitlist at a couple schools (KCU and ACOM) but paid the deposits at RVU. Love the area when I visited and the board scores and match speak for themselves. Pass/fail also sounds great. Haven’t heard much about how clinical rotations, research, how OMM heavy the school is, or how the school supports students career goals, and the student community itself.

Just pondering what I should do if I hear back from one of the other schools when WL movement starts.
From what I’ve heard it’s 1-2 hr of OMM per week. It sounds as though most students get a set of rotation sites but it might change with how much the class size is growing and with Montana starting up this year. The school said they have research opportunities, but most DOs schools pale compared to MD with this. I work with a few docs who are alums of the school and they loved it, so far everyone I’ve met who’s a current student or is starting this year has been amazing and so kind and helpful!

From what I’ve heard it’s 1-2 hr of OMM per week. It sounds as though most students get a set of rotation sites but it might change with how much the class size is growing and with Montana starting up this year. The school said they have research opportunities, but most DOs schools pale compared to MD with this. I work with a few docs who are alums of the school and they loved it, so far everyone I’ve met who’s a current student or is starting this year has been amazing and so kind and helpful!
@Redskins666 Just want to add on to what kilynn said (I am current OMS-I):

1. 1-2 hour lecture on OMM and 1.5 OMM lab per week
2. rotation are based on lottery system, sometimes might have to go to another location if the location they are in does not have that specialty.
3. We do not have wet lab but we do have physician-scientist track and student who get into this track do research until they graduate (it is very competitive to get into). Like mentioned above MD has way more research opportunities than DO schools
4. Love everyone here! Faculty is friendly and approachable and students are so nice! No cut-throat people here!

After a lot of thought I will be dropping my A at RVUCOM, hope my deposit will be used toward someone's scholarship!

Last edited:
I believe it's based on aacomas traffic deadlines, so April 15 and May 15 is when schools know if you hold multiple As. You may have to ask them but they prob also have that acceptance info on their site
+1, I want to attend RVUCOM but do not want to wait until a week before school begins. I would be very stressed.

Is there a group chat for class of 2027? I couldn't find one anywhere, it would be great if someone has the link.

Is aps different than wait list?
APS is priority selection over the waitlist, and if you don’t get off the APS this year, you are automatically accepted to next year’s class. If you don’t get off the waitlist, you’d have to reapply.

Last edited: