2022-2023 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when Yale starts sending out interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when Yale starts sending out interview invites?
Based on last year's thread, they sent out a first round of II's on Aug 16th, then another on Sept 2nd. Since they have ED, not clear if those rounds were focused on ED applicants, but I would assume so given that decisions have to be made in Oct for ED applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
they reeeallllyyy edged us with that "consider us" email lol that was cruel

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they just email everyone above a certain MCAT?

I didn't apply to Yale but got their "consider YSM" email congratulating me on my MCAT score (which is barely in their distribution of accepted applicants)

Did they just email everyone above a certain MCAT?

I didn't apply to Yale but got their "consider YSM" email congratulating me on my MCAT score (which is barely in their distribution of accepted applicants)
I don't think so. My MCAT is within their range and I didn't get one either. I wouldn't worry about it. I think it is just a matter of who's emails they were able to get their hands on.

Reactions: 2 users
II today!! OOS (Canadian), submitted 6/27.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My secondary portal status tab says that my Letters of Recommendations status is "incomplete", but when I click on it, it shows that my 3 LoRs were received by YSM. Does anyone know why this is the case? Do I need more LoRs?
Did this ever correct itself? Says the same for me

omg CONGRATS!! Would you mind sharing stats? Fellow Canadian here rlly hoping for Yale :’)
4.0 GPA, 520 MCAT. Research heavy app (current master's student, 2 first author pubs and multiple conference presentations). The wait can be difficult but you got this!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long until Yale starts sending out Rs? Because that's pretty much all I'm expecting at this point lol

II received this morning. Submitted 6/30, OOS. Stay positive guys...good luck to us all!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how long until Yale starts sending out Rs? Because that's pretty much all I'm expecting at this point lol
I could be wrong, but I think they are non rolling which means they won’t send Rs till final decisions are sent out in March? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

• Care
II OOS received just now. LM 73. URM. Guess it was a good thing to stay hopeful lmao.

Last edited:
  • Love
OOS II received 8/15 at 10:20 am PST! I am floored because I really didn't think I had a shot! Complete 7/23, LM 75, WARS 85-89, ORM.

Congrats to everyone with IIs! Does Yale give out interviews chronologically? I was complete 6/30 so is that essentially an R?

• Hmm
Congrats to everyone with IIs! Does Yale give out interviews chronologically? I was complete 6/30 so is that essentially an R?
lol i was complete 6/27, so im hoping this isn't the case. Mustve been some insane applicants in the first few days lol, hoping the R isn't inevitable...

Reactions: 2 users
lol i was complete 6/27, so im hoping this isn't the case. Mustve been some insane applicants in the first few days lol, hoping the R isn't inevitable...
I’m not sure if they do it chronologically but I can assure you I’m not anything special lmao. Don’t give up hoping and I’m sure you’ll hear back soon!

BCA91E5A-E599-4EBB-A022-F83F3FEDC4D9.jpeg

Me refreshing my email waiting for my R.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
got an II too! submitted 7/22, URM, LM 82

Last edited:
II received today! URM, LM 74, Submitted 7/14, Complete 8/15

Reactions: 1 users
II today!! This is my first interview I'm so happy. Submitted and complete 8/2. High stats.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users