2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS WL, interviewed 2/20

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when they start having WL movement? I think I recall in the interview they said a WL is not a bad sign at all as there’s a lot of movement

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are the interview run every 2 weeks? Just curious as I submitted II last week and am awaiting an interview hopefully.

OOS II today! So excited but do you guys know if we interview for a specific campus if we put it as our 1st choice!

Reactions: 2 users
Any advice for those who are awaiting an interview after submitting Secondaries recently?

Are we still in the hunt?

Last edited:
Any advice for those who are awaiting an interview after submitting Secondaries recently?

Are we still in the hunt?
Realistically you're looking at applying next cycle. Miracles do happen though!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II today! So excited but do you guys know if we interview for a specific campus if we put it as our 1st choice!

It’s one interview and they consider your preferences when offering you admission to one location vs another!

Okay, thanks.

Just too late would you say now? I submitted Secondary last week
Yeah, I think the consensus is get them in by Thanksgiving. Of course some people might get lucky still submitting later but most DO schools are rolling admissions so it gets harder the later you submit.

My own personal anecdote as a person not privileged financially I submitted in batches based on what I could afford in Oct and Nov and during my cycle and was interviewed Dec-March, even received invites up through May! So there's always a chance that you might get a late interview but it's still wise to prepare for applying earlier this next cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted a week and a half ago - interview invite 6 days later. 3.5 GPA, Sub 500 MCAT, few thousand hours clinical, ORM, OOS

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find it on their website, but is it possible for me to request a campus switch post acceptance? I was accepted to the Florida campus, but not being able to qualify for federal loans and eventually federal loan repayment programs is kind of making me nervous.

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find it on their website, but is it possible for me to request a campus switch post acceptance? I was accepted to the Florida campus, but not being able to qualify for federal loans and eventually federal loan repayment programs is kind of making me nervous.
I believe I saw somewhere that you can request a change but there’s no guarantee. It’s worth an email since I changed my preference for the same reason prior to getting the A

I believe I saw somewhere that you can request a change but there’s no guarantee. It’s worth an email since I changed my preference for the same reason prior to getting the A
Bet, I’ll send them an email then!

OOS A just now (NM) :’) Interviewed 02/29

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
My first A at NM campus, I'm so excited!

Interviewed on 2/29

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Can’t wait to meet the entire class!

• Love
OOS WL, 2/29 interview, excited for the opportunity to get called from the WL hopefully!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
is it worth applying right now? their primary deadline is 4/2. I interviewed at ARCOM and waiting to hear back but nervous about a WL or R from them, thinking about applying here. thoughts?

is it worth applying right now? their primary deadline is 4/2. I interviewed at ARCOM and waiting to hear back but nervous about a WL or R from them, thinking about applying here. thoughts?
If you have the stats jusr apply. I applied back in august and never heard back

Hi for anyone who’s received the email with your acceptance around what time did you guys get it during the day?

I was ready to start moving to NM in the following weeks to come but will be withdrawing my A. Hope it goes to one of you!!! Good luck guys 🍀

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know when they start having WL movement? I think I recall in the interview they said a WL is not a bad sign at all as there’s a lot of movement
Looking at the previous year thread, a lot of WL movement starts happening beginning of May which makes sense since that's when final decisions need to be made by A students.

Looking at the previous year thread, a lot of WL movement starts happening beginning of May which makes sense since that's when final decisions need to be made by A students.
Yes, I emailed them back in November when i was put on the WL they said that WL movement was unpredictable but usually picked up after May 1st.

Yes, I emailed them back in November when i was put on the WL they said that WL movement was unpredictable but usually picked up after May 1st.
That feels like such a long way away 😭 but fair enough

patiently waits for an II.

Complete end of November

So is it safe to assume that we are only interviewing for WL up to this point?

For anyone who recently got an interview invite, do you know what dates/date ranges were available? I'm just curious.

Do they tell you how high on the WL you are? Or is it not worth asking?

OOS A received today!! 🥹
Interviewed 3/5

• Love
Reactions: 5 users