2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL. Interviewed 02/05. In-state for FL.

Have also heard that the class is filling up by an accepted student to the FL campus.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does Burrell send out pre-II rejections? I was complete since August but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
R-NM (GPA=3.9, sGPA=3.8, MCAT=5XX)
I-02/01/2024, A-02/15/2024

Last edited:
Hey all! I have a virtual interview tomorrow! Any tips or advice?

Hey all! I have a virtual interview tomorrow! Any tips or advice?
Not sure who your interviewer is but mine asked a lot of questions about New Mexico- like what I knew about Las Cruces/New Mexico/the populations of people there/if I had ever visited New Mexico/why I think I want to be in New Mexico. I honestly hadn’t prepared a lot of material to talk about NM that much so that question tripped me up. Other than that it was standard questions

Not sure who your interviewer is but mine asked a lot of questions about New Mexico- like what I knew about Las Cruces/New Mexico/the populations of people there/if I had ever visited New Mexico/why I think I want to be in New Mexico. I honestly hadn’t prepared a lot of material to talk about NM that much so that question tripped me up. Other than that it was standard questions
Thank you so much, will do !! I personally put a preference for Florida but I'll prepare fro both. This is my second interview and so nervous for some reason lol .

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/14 we should be hearing good things this week

Waitlisted for Florida Campus. Felt like my interview went amazing sad to see it ended up with a waitlist

Waitlisted for Florida Campus. Felt like my interview went amazing sad to see it ended up with a waitlist
+1 I'm sad :(

They didn't give me a campus location though and said that if I were to get off the waitlist then they'd let me know.

OOS Waitlist for 2/14. Does anyone know when waitlist movement happens?

Last edited:
OOS Waitlist for 2/14. Does anyone know when waitlist movement happens?
The way I've heard schools do it is they have movement in May/June when people are at the deposit deadline and making their decisions. I'm not sure how fast Burrell's WL moves but I know VCOM didn't fill all the seats at some of their campuses last year like Louisiana (newer school) so I'm assuming Florida will have a lot of WL movement since it's new too. I interviewed 2/14 and haven't heard back yet

The way I've heard schools do it is they have movement in May/June when people are at the deposit deadline and making their decisions. I'm not sure how fast Burrell's WL moves but I know VCOM didn't fill all the seats at some of their campuses last year like Louisiana (newer school) so I'm assuming Florida will have a lot of WL movement since it's new too. I interviewed 2/14 and haven't heard back yet
I see, thanks for the reply!

Oh, I meant the interview day process.
It's four hours long, first two hours you rotate through two interviews/breaks. The last two hours they speak about the school, financial aid, and do a current student Q&A.

It's four hours long, first two hours you rotate through two interviews/breaks. The last two hours they speak about the school, financial aid, and do a current student Q&A.
Awesome, thank you for sharing!

Do they make the interview experience stress-enhancing or stress-inducing in your opinion? I wanna make sure I'm prepared as much I can be.

Do they make the interview experience stress-enhancing or stress-inducing in your opinion? I wanna make sure I'm prepared as much I can be.
it wasn't stressful at all in my experience. prepare for the common questions and you'll do just fine

I found it be to very relaxed! The student panel was very helpful too.

has anyone not heard back from Burrell since they submitted? I submitted back in august, at this point I’m willing to take a pre II rejection

has anyone not heard back from Burrell since they submitted? I submitted back in august, at this point I’m willing to take a pre II rejection

I haven’t heard back either and I was complete in August

Can someone confirm for the interview please that the zoom link is in the email they sent where it just says zoom?

Reactions: 1 users
Wishing good vibes for those of us who interviewed 2/20 and are waiting to hear back tomorrow

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know around what time decisions tend to come out?

does anyone know if there is a way to meet with any admission counselors on zoom or anything? I know other schools do it.

OOS WL just now interviewed 2/14. Good Luck everyone : )

Reactions: 2 users