2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know post II acceptance rates? I have mine next week so I’m just a bit nervous lol

Members don't see this ad.

I’m from the 2/1 interview group and anxiously waiting to hear back 😳

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was the 30th and we're supposed to get decisions today.
Mine was also the 30th and I have not heard back yet either. I wonder what time they generally send out decisions?

Reactions: 1 user
Just saw others waiting still hopefully we hear back by today since it’s the two week mark
I hope you guys hear back soon, and give the rest of us folks who are still waiting something to look forward to 😆

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A received today around 5 pm PST, interviewed 1/30

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know post II acceptance rates? I have mine next week so I’m just a bit nervous lol
No one will know the post-II acceptance rate. You can still get a rejection by any means. There will always be bias in forums like these where those who get an acceptance will say they got accepted, while those who didn't will remain silent.

Hello,
does anyone know if the March orientation event is mandatory? I am having a situation that may not allow me to attend the event. so i am curious to know
Nope, it is optional and only for admitted students. Orientation will take place the week before school starts.

Does burrell give out "free" laptops or what not like other schools? I don't remember if that was mentioned during interview day.

Does burrell give out "free" laptops or what not like other schools? I don't remember if that was mentioned during interview day.
Unfortunately no. Most of the items you'd have to purchase on your own.

Declined the A, hope it goes to one of you guys!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know what time decisions for 2/5 group will come out? 5pm MST / 7 EST?

Reactions: 1 users
OOS WL interview 2/5

On that note anyone know how waitlist movement is for them??

Also OOS WL from 2/5. Im grateful to have an acceptance for this cycle already but would’ve like this so I would have options ugh

Is this school done sending out IIs? Kinda disappointed because I sent an LOI and multiple emails expressing interest, but I guess not every school is going to like my app

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Those who were waitlisted, how did you feel your interviews went?

Is this school done sending out IIs? Kinda disappointed because I sent an LOI and multiple emails expressing interest, but I guess not every school is going to like my app
LOI (Intent) are not meaningful before you have reached the interview stage, I’m sorry to say, but only after an interview

Those who were waitlisted, how did you feel your interviews went?
At this time in the application/interview cycle being waitlisted might not mean you didn’t intervew well, but that their class is near capacity. They are probably waiting to see if people pay their deposit/ accept and if some people turn them down they can make more offers

LOI (Intent) are not meaningful before you have reached the interview stage, I’m sorry to say, but only after an interview
It’s dependent on the school because I sent one to another school and received an II the next day

Just declined my seat at BCOM. Hope it goes to one of y'all and that WL starts moving!

Reactions: 3 users
It’s dependent on the school because I sent one to another school and received an II the next day
I had that experience with a few schools. I emailed just to inform them of an update that was added to the app and the next day was sent either secondaries or II....seems like some schools just need a gentle reminder that you are still interested....5000+ apps...easy to get lost in the shuffle

Accepted to FL campus. Interviewed 02/05. OOS.

Just putting this out there to confirm that full acceptances are still occurring. Good luck to everyone who is currently waiting to interview, pending an outcome, or hanging out on the WL!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users