You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did anyone who recieved a ii not have all there LORs submitted? for ex a committee letter
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
Little confused for the COVID-19 question : 1. Please share any disruptions and/or challenges you have experienced this application year as a direct result of COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider in conjunction with your application. The following are some examples of topics for consideration, but are not limited to: academic preparations; extracurricular activities and/or experiences; personal and/or professional opportunities; or lessons and insights gained as a result of COVID-19. (1000 characters)
It asks for challenges you experienced "this application year" so would that mean we cannot talk about struggles we faced while in college during the height of the pandemic ? Or did you guys talk about struggles you faced in the past too?
It asks for challenges you experienced "this application year" so would that mean we cannot talk about struggles we faced while in college during the height of the pandemic ? Or did you guys talk about struggles you faced in the past too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gas_Seal
Full Member
they were very nice. I didnt feel like they grilled me, and they seemed to genuinely want to connect with the applications and identify if they are a good fit for the school's mission. If I were to provide advice I would say prepare for some tougher interview questions for the 1:1, but they were pretty nice about it.how were the interviews for ppl who did them today / yesterday? were they chill?
Does anyone who has done an interview know when they received their pre interview information email?
You will get an Interview Confirmation email right after you pick a day. Two days before the interview I received another email with Pre-Registration information for Zoom. You Pre-Register at least a day before and then you will receive another email with the actual link. Good Luck!Does anyone who has done an interview know when they received their pre interview information email?
Thanks so much!
maybe a month?
Seeing that people got IIs for my top choice makes me feel to cry. How long after you submitted the secondary did you get the II? 😢
Yup, full blown tears now. Been more than a month.maybe a month?
Your time will come. Keep the faith brotha. I believe in youYup, full blown tears now. Been more than a month.
+1 IS II, complete 7/20ish, very excited!
Any med students willing to give advice about applying to FIU?
Anyone know much about the post II acceptance? Does an early interview help chances at FIU?
D
deleted1165389
Congratulations!! Stats ?+1 IS II, complete 7/20ish, very excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM 71, URM.Congratulations!! Stats ?
Any OOS II's?
IS II received today on 09/13! Was complete on 08/18
Did any any OOS IIs have ties to the state. I have none just seeing if getting an II is even in the picture at this point.
LetMeINNNNNNPLZZZZ
New Member
Probably speaking to the peanut gallery, but seeing others get interviews while you haven’t received one is nerve racking as all heck!
When did u receive ur secondaries & submitted date?IS II received today on 09/13! Was complete on 08/18
missionaccepted23
Full Member
For those who received Interview invites, Congratulations!
Was it an email? Did they call you early in the morning ?
Thank you.
Was it an email? Did they call you early in the morning ?
Thank you.
email, around 1 pmFor those who received Interview invites, Congratulations!
Was it an email? Did they call you early in the morning ?
Thank you.
missionaccepted23
Full Member
Great, thank you and Best of Luck!email, around 1 pm
nopeFor those who have interviewed already, we don’t get the names of our interviewers before hand right?
anyone know fiu's post ii acceptance rates?
thegazette
Full Member
theres this spreadsheet from 2021 for a list of schools:anyone know fiu's post ii acceptance rates?
Received on 08/10, submitted on 08/18!!When did u receive ur secondaries & submitted date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
theres this spreadsheet from 2021 for a list of schools:
Nice spreadsheet. Where did u find that?
thegazette
Full Member
i dont recall where exactly i found it but ive seen it thrown around a lot in different school threads on this forum!Nice spreadsheet. Where did u find that?
missionaccepted23
Full Member
Has anyone gotten any interview invites recently?
Also, did anything change on your portal before receiving the interview email? Freaking out, any insight would be helpful
Also, did anything change on your portal before receiving the interview email? Freaking out, any insight would be helpful
chickennuggiez
New Member
Was anyone unable to attend the virtual cafecito today? My zoom was not working.
I wasn't able to either. I was waiting in the new zoom session that they sent after they corrected the first for about 45 minutes before calling it quits. Stuff happens, it's understandable, hopefully they email us about a future session we can attend.Was anyone unable to attend the virtual cafecito today? My zoom was not working.
Just interviewed today. It was a quick 2 hour session. Faculty were all lovely, I interviewed with a student and then a physician. Pretty casual and traditional overall
thegazette
Full Member
during anyones interview, did the school say for early interviewers results would be relayed to us on October 15? i ask because i was told that during the interview, but i realized October 15 lies on a sunday so idk if this would still hold true
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
during anyones interview, did the school say for early interviewers results would be relayed to us on October 15? i ask because i was told that during the interview, but i realized October 15 lies on a sunday so idk if this would still hold true
on our interview day they said they’d start on the 16th but bc of the amount of applicants, expect something that week
So are results going to come out Monday or is it today? I know someone above said October 15 was a Sunday but I don't think FIU would call or email us on a Sunday...I mean unless they want to be really nice to us and ease our anxiety haha!
Wow awesome, thank you! Best of luck to you as well! 🙂They told my interview group Monday
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
Does anyone know if they go in alphabetical order ? Also will they send out post-II Rs too or just As today?
I have no idea, I heard it was random! I think they send all R, WL's, and A's all out in one day!Does anyone know if they go in alphabetical order ? Also will they send out post-II Rs too or just As today?
SunshineMD_AD
Full Member
I have no idea, I heard it was random! I think they send all R, WL's, and A's all out in one day!
doesnt help my anxiety but appreciate the info, thank you!
We're all in this together, like High School Musicaldoesnt help my anxiety but appreciate the info, thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thegazette
Full Member
florida schools today:
Nope 😩Anyone hear anything yet? I am so nervous
thegazette
Full Member
acceptance call received! interviewed early september
Congratulations!acceptance call received! interviewed early september
I'm sitting at radio silence, I'm coping with ice cream
Neonpotato123
New Member
2nd Acceptance today!!! Truly amazing how God has delivered. Trust God and have faith yall!