2023-2024 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi there! Bridge applicants are interviewed as part of the regular MD Admissions Process and only identified after the interview; they then have a selection process in March and are notified mid-March. Typically, our Bridge applicants have MCAT scores between 494-502. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for responding. Here with a 504 crossing my fingers 🤞FSU is my top choice

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there! Bridge applicants are interviewed as part of the regular MD Admissions Process and only identified after the interview; they then have a selection process in March and are notified mid-March. Typically, our Bridge applicants have MCAT scores between 494-502. Hope that helps!
I guess I'll be offered the bridge program. It's okay, whatever it takes. 😅

Got the A yesterday! LM 69 and WARS 69 (508 MCAT). Complete 7/26, interview 11/3, acceptance email 11/14 around 9pm.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Also got an A yesterday around 9pm!! LM 72 interviewed 11/3

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS II just now!! first interview from my home state!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Any out of staters with strong connections to the state and FSU receive II yet?

Anybody from the 11/16 and/or 11/17 interview receive any decisions? I thought we were supposed to hear back yesterday 😅

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody from the 11/16 and/or 11/17 interview receive any decisions? I thought we were supposed to hear back yesterday 😅
Also haven’t heard anything. Was lowkey freaking out yesterday 😂. I thought they said 3-9pm. Maybe delays bc of thanksgiving?

Getting nervous… I’m an IS applicant and haven’t heard back. Definitely one of my tops, what has their interview schedule been like in previous years?? When should one worry? 😅

Getting nervous… I’m an IS applicant and haven’t heard back. Definitely one of my tops, what has their interview schedule been like in previous years?? When should one worry? 😅
Wondering the same. FSU is my top choice. Complete late July

I've read in previous threads on here that FSU accepts update letters Pre-II? If so does anyone know how you are supposed to go about submitting one

I've read in previous threads on here that FSU accepts update letters Pre-II? If so does anyone know how you are supposed to go about submitting one
You can email your update letter to [email protected]. The admissions committee will add it to your file for you! FYI: you have a limit of 8 documents that can be added.

Reactions: 1 user
You can email your update letter to [email protected]. The admissions committee will add it to your file for you! FYI: you have a limit of 8 documents that can be added.
Thank you for the clarification! Would you know if adding official documents that support my update letter do they count as 1 of the 8 documents? Such as an official spring internship letter.

from my
Thank you for the clarification! Would you know if adding official documents that support my update letter do they count as 1 of the 8 documents? Such as an official spring internship letter.
From my emails, each document counts! Maybe combine the letter and official doc into one pdf?

Submitted in July and heard nothing. Anyone knows if they’re still giving out invites?

Submitted in July and heard nothing. Anyone knows if they’re still giving out invites?
I'm sure they are. I know in the past FSU takes quite a bit longer than the other schools the process apps. I haven't heard anything about them being done and I know in years past people did get interviews through February. Who knows, I'm still hopeful too!

any med students available to answer some questions abt the school?

I know that MCAT and GPA are not the be-all and end-all in evaluating future doctors, but why does it seem like FSU goes out of its way to not accept higher-stat applicants?(evidenced by the 90th percentile accepted MCAT of 514)

Even considering a holistic approach, how is it possible that essentially no 517-18+ in-state applicants are offered interviews/admission? Surely there must be several hundred applicants who apply with those stats and fit their mission.

Last edited:
Yes P/F, not mandatory lectures. They are also recorded and no dress-code
First two years in didactic are pure pass/fail, and no class ranking (afaik). You are given numerical scores to each exam you take, but ultimately everything needs to come to a clean 70% or above. Third and Fourth Years are a bit different, with Pass/High Pass/Honors System. Not sure what that entails.

Reactions: 4 users
do they say who our interviewers will be beforehand? was it just a faculty and a student?

Have there been interviews given out so far in January?

Reactions: 2 users
I’m just asking nicely, praying, to get an interview here. Let us not give us hope brothers 🧡

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
y'all there is hope, got an II today here !!!! also 504 mcat there's hope

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users