2023-2024 Florida State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read in previous threads on here that FSU accepts update letters Pre-II? If so does anyone know how you are supposed to go about submitting one
 
You can email your update letter to [email protected]. The admissions committee will add it to your file for you! FYI: you have a limit of 8 documents that can be added.
Thank you for the clarification! Would you know if adding official documents that support my update letter do they count as 1 of the 8 documents? Such as an official spring internship letter.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
from my
Thank you for the clarification! Would you know if adding official documents that support my update letter do they count as 1 of the 8 documents? Such as an official spring internship letter.
From my emails, each document counts! Maybe combine the letter and official doc into one pdf?
 
Submitted in July and heard nothing. Anyone knows if they’re still giving out invites?
I'm sure they are. I know in the past FSU takes quite a bit longer than the other schools the process apps. I haven't heard anything about them being done and I know in years past people did get interviews through February. Who knows, I'm still hopeful too!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that MCAT and GPA are not the be-all and end-all in evaluating future doctors, but why does it seem like FSU goes out of its way to not accept higher-stat applicants?(evidenced by the 90th percentile accepted MCAT of 514)

Even considering a holistic approach, how is it possible that essentially no 517-18+ in-state applicants are offered interviews/admission? Surely there must be several hundred applicants who apply with those stats and fit their mission.
 
Last edited:
Yes P/F, not mandatory lectures. They are also recorded and no dress-code
First two years in didactic are pure pass/fail, and no class ranking (afaik). You are given numerical scores to each exam you take, but ultimately everything needs to come to a clean 70% or above. Third and Fourth Years are a bit different, with Pass/High Pass/Honors System. Not sure what that entails.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you IS or OOS? When were you complete? Congrats!!
IS !
Hey, congratuations! Just curious, around when did you finish your secondary? I finished in mid to late August, nothing from them yet
and finished my secondary 7/23, thank you both!! hoping the best for y'all!!
 
Last edited:
I was reading through previous FSU threads and someone stated that FSU pulls from the waitlist in reverse order. So people who interview later say March/April are more likely to be pulled off than people who interviewed earlier in the cycle like Oct-Jan. Does anyone know of previous people who were waitlisted earlier (Oct/Dec) in the cycle that got off?