You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
missionaccepted23
Full Member
same here. Did you apply lateWaiting still 🙏
Woop99
Full Member
same here. Did you apply late
I submitted 08/27 and still waiting [emoji51] OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Slightly. Application complete email 8/29same here. Did you apply late
I submitted around the end of July and have the same stats and mission fit, and I’ve received nothing. Guess we need to keep waiting folks. Lots of my friends last cycle received invites in January so I assume this school tends to have a later cycle 🤷♂️
missionaccepted23
Full Member
Congrats!!!OOS A!!!!!
Rotations are at Sanitas and other clinical sitesis fiu gaining baptist facilities as a primary teaching hospital for students or will M3s as of right now still have to rotate around multiple clinical sites? randomly saw it on the news. i know theyre building a hospital with baptist on fiu grounds, but idk if that's the transition they were talking about
SunnySkies567
Full Member
is there a groupme for accepted students?
Stats?Congrats!!!
ive heard 25-35 pp for in state, its a commuter school so a lot in IS applicants from FIU end up staying there. Not sure about OOSIs FIU friendly with their waitlist movement? Anyone know?
Has anyone submitted an update to their app via the portal and then emailed the [email protected] email to confirm if they received it or not? If so, did they ever reply to you?
Just uploaded to the portal, never emailed. I assume they didn’t respond to you?Has anyone submitted an update to their app via the portal and then emailed the [email protected] email to confirm if they received it or not? If so, did they ever reply to you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've submitted updates but haven't emailed admissions at all.Has anyone submitted an update to their app via the portal and then emailed the [email protected] email to confirm if they received it or not? If so, did they ever reply to you?
missionaccepted23
Full Member
I think it's been pass/failFiu is now pass/fail preclinical?
I believe you're right. The stepUp curriculum started with class of 2027 . So only has been used for a year. Just wondering if this is better then what was used years prior. It seems the older schools use the pass/fail which is preferred by students.I think it's been pass/fail
We were p/f before the new curriculum. If you received 75+ in the course, you passed and it is reported "P" on your transcript. We were ranked. I am not sure how the new grading systems works.
D
deleted1181025
We were p/f before the new curriculum. If you received 75+ in the course, you passed and it is reported "P" on your transcript. We were ranked. I am not sure how the new grading systems works.
I read online that although it’s p/f there are still class rankings…
Is that consider students being ranked in quartiles?I read online that although it’s p/f there are still class rankings…
Anyone familiar w fiu’s oos waitlist movement?
I was accepted a couple weeks ago. I have seen online with many US programs that there are problems with attrition, professionalism, general support, and student interactions with admin. Is this something to worry about at HWCOM and how have they changed over the last couple years to improve? This weighs heavily on my decision.
Curriculum
I read online that although it’s p/f there are still class rankings…
Older students were p/f and ranked in quartiles. I do not know about rankings for those under the Step Up curriculum, might be a good question for Admissions.Is that consider students being ranked in quartiles?
Have my interview coming up and wanted to ask anyone how the interviews are like in nature? And is it traditional?
Traditional, 30 minutes with student and 30 minutes will fiu administrator. Very casual and I really enjoyed the interview.Have my interview coming up and wanted to ask anyone how the interviews are like in nature? And is it traditional?
Last edited:
missionaccepted23
Full Member
when did you get an IIHave my interview coming up and wanted to ask anyone how the interviews are like in nature? And is it traditional?
In October but didn't interview until late November.when did you get an II
Anyone received an interview here this month?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
missionaccepted23
Full Member
nope, not yetAnyone received an interview here this month?
caffeinepb
Full Member
Early August and still waitingAnyone OOS, complete late August receive an II?
missionaccepted23
Full Member
The deadline for the secondary is on Monday so hopefully, we start hearing back next week or soon after that. I hope everything works out for all of us.Early August and still waiting
missionaccepted23
Full Member
Yes, I would.OOS - is it worth sending a letter of interest - any hope of getting II?
I uploaded an LOI yesterday, in state though.
Definitely send it. You have absolutely nothing to lose. I sent one 3 weeks ago and I might send another one next week lolOOS - is it worth sending a letter of interest - any hope of getting II?
sosopremed
Full Member
Can I ask, when you send a LOI do you include updates? Because I'm super interested in FIU, but don't have any major updates (just more volunteering and started working at a romance book store LOL). I feel like a LOI without updates is kind of moot. Any advice?Definitely send it. You have absolutely nothing to lose. I sent one 3 weeks ago and I might send another one next week lol
So I included the updates to my LOI. My updates were new grades from the winter semester and a new volunteering experience.Can I ask, when you send a LOI do you include updates? Because I'm super interested in FIU, but don't have any major updates (just more volunteering and started working at a romance book store LOL). I feel like a LOI without updates is kind of moot. Any advice?
I can see why you would think it’s kind of moot, but we haven’t received an II and April is around the corner. What do you have to lose at this point, especially if FIU is one of your top choices. That’s my mentality lol.
Just weird how nobody's reported an interview here for a while. Last year's thread was pretty active.
missionaccepted23
Full Member
A letter of interest and an update letter are two different things. A letter of interest is for you to let the school know you are interested while the update letter is to provide updates when it comes to volunteering... or whatever the case might be.Can I ask, when you send a LOI do you include updates? Because I'm super interested in FIU, but don't have any major updates (just more volunteering and started working at a romance book store LOL). I feel like a LOI without updates is kind of moot. Any advice?
missionaccepted23
Full Member
Seems like no II this month ? :/Just weird how nobody's reported an interview here for a while. Last year's thread was pretty active.
Same with FSU. I haven't seen January interviews reported for both FSU and FIU.Just weird how nobody's reported an interview here for a while. Last year's thread was pretty active.
Exactly. Both are my targets yet I have no clue what’s going on.Same with FSU. I haven't seen January interviews reported for both FSU and FIU.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
missionaccepted23
Full Member
This waiting period to see if we will get an Interview is so much harder than I thought.Exactly. Both are my targets yet I have no clue what’s going on.
Can any current student provide insights into structure of classes? Are most of the classes recorded and allow to be watched from homne, or do they tend to have mandatory attendance in-person? Also was wondering regarding frequency of exams (weekly vs after blocks)? Thanks!
They changed the curriculum, so a first year will need to confirm. But for upperclassmen, our live lectures were recorded and able to be watched later, few were mandatory. We did have mandatory clinical skills/humanities 1-2x/week in the afternoon. Each course had a midterm and final, usually every 2-4 weeks.Can any current student provide insights into structure of classes? Are most of the classes recorded and allow to be watched from homne, or do they tend to have mandatory attendance in-person? Also was wondering regarding frequency of exams (weekly vs after blocks)? Thanks!