You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm instate (literally live 20 mins away from here) and haven't heard anything 😩are you OOS? A lot of OOS applicants haven't heard much yet. I was complete in August and still waiting for communication lol
Fldoc2424
Full Member
are you OOS? A lot of OOS applicants haven't heard much yet. I was complete in August and still waiting for communication lol
Also in state live about the same distance [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plasticgirl
Full Member
went to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l
It’s possible they yield protected you if you are IS with a high MCAT(517/518+). They know you would probably go to another IS school or perhaps even a better OOS private school.went to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l
Noooooo! I'm manifesting an A for you! 🤞went to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l
The waitlist is brutal. I feel you. I have no idea how many of us they’re gonna pull off of itwent to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l
email at the end of the dayFor those waitlisted, did you receive a call from them, or just an email?
Expecting to find out as early as this week 😬
In the exact same situation. Took months to get over it but we out herewent to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l
Fldoc2424
Full Member
In the exact same situation. Took months to get over it but we out here
I thought I had a pretty solid app and it looks like ima need to reapply. It sucks And happens but we all got this and are going to be better physicians for it and will achieve our dreams [emoji1317]
callmedoctor_
New Member
Just got the A, they called me around 1pm!
Fldoc2424
Full Member
Just got the A, they called me around 1pm!
Congratulations!!
Would you like to share Interview date and complete date pls ?Just got the A, they called me around 1pm!
matchaloverpremed
Full Member
A!!! Also called around 1!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
callmedoctor_
New Member
complete 8/3 and interviewed 2/5Would you like to share Interview date and complete date pls ?
Aspiringdoctor2023
New Member
Got the A around 1 pm! Is there a group me yet for accepted students?
myaccount18
Full Member
Withdrawing my A, Hoping it goes out to one of yall! Good luck guys!
Thanks and good luck !complete 8/3 and interviewed 2/5
I emailed asking them that a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply haha IS complete in Septemberjust emailed asking for a status update and they said they haven't reviewed my app yet. OOS complete 08/22
Woop99
Full Member
u should try emailing again they responded in like 35 minsI emailed asking them that a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply haha IS complete in September
medhopeful100
Full Member
Has anyone who was considered complete in late August received an interview invite???
I emailed asking them that a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply haha IS complete in September
update: I just got a response from FIU admissions email and they said they already reviewed my app but no sign of pre-II rejection or interview....u should try emailing again they responded in like 35 mins
Stats?update: I just got a response from FIU admissions email and they said they already reviewed my app but no sign of pre-II rejection or interview....
Fldoc2424
Full Member
update: I just got a response from FIU admissions email and they said they already reviewed my app but no sign of pre-II rejection or interview....
I’m in the same boat [emoji28]
Woop99
Full Member
update: I just got a response from FIU admissions email and they said they already reviewed my app but no sign of pre-II rejection or interview....
now im so confused by their schoolI’m in the same boat [emoji28]
I got the same email as you. Never reviewed. We just gotta wait and hopefully get looked at. Consider it good news lolnow im so confused by their school
Woop99
Full Member
r u OOS too? Seems like OOS are getting reviewed slowerI got the same email as you. Never reviewed. We just gotta wait and hopefully get looked at. Consider it good news lol
In state, surprising for me because I sent 3 update + interest lettersr u OOS too? Seems like OOS are getting reviewed slower
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am IS applicant as well and have sent 2 update letters but I asked them if I can send a letter of interest and they said sureIn state, surprising for me because I sent 3 update + interest letters
I’m IS too and an FIU alumnus, but I was complete in September. My app hasn’t been reviewed yet. I send them 3 update/interest letters too.In state, surprising for me because I sent 3 update + interest letters
At this point, it feels like any II we get is for a WL spot. When do they stop interviewing?
Fldoc2424
Full Member
I’m IS too and an FIU alumnus, but I was complete in September. My app hasn’t been reviewed yet. I send them 3 update/interest letters too.
At this point, it feels like any II we get is for a WL spot. When do they stop interviewing?
I was also complete September so I will assume mine may have not been reviewed yet as well and I was told end of March
Bro I take back what I said earlier about my application not being reviewed because I just reread the email and they told me that my application has been reviewed.I was also complete September so I will assume mine may have not been reviewed yet as well and I was told end of March
Since my mine has been reviewed, I’m assuming that yours should be reviewed shortly too. At this stage of the cycle, I feel like no news is good news.
Did you get off of the waitlist?email at the end of the day
NahDid you get off of the waitlist?
Any idea when II are done being sent out?
I think they’re done end of March with interviewsAny idea when II are done being sent out?
sosopremed
Full Member
I don’t think they have!Does anyone know if HWCOM sent any pre-II Rs?
sosopremed
Full Member
Do we think invites are sent till end of March or they are scheduled until end of March?I think they’re done end of March with interviews
bowlingpanda
Full Member
OOS pre-II R
OOS R
IS R, pre II 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
one_masterpiece
Full Member
IS Pre-II R, kinda surprised but oh well
goodwillhunting975
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, complete in September. The email also stated “the 2023-2024 admissions cycle is now closed.”