2023-2024 Florida State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Info session on 9/11 and interview on 9/14! You?

(I know it was going to be sometime this month but the fact that it's literally next week seems so soon.. rip)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Info session 9/11, interview on 9/12. I wish you all the best. May we all make it. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Me! *Hopefully* still waiting and not taking this waiting as a rejection… Do you know if they tell us if we aren’t selected to interview?
makes me feel (a little) better we are in the same boat... I emailed them yesterday and they said they'll be sending out interviews "during the month of September" but I don't believe they will email us about a deferral or otherwise until the end of the month based on previous forums.

Yes, also still waiting to hear a response! I also emailed them & they said if you’re not invited during ED, you’ll automatically be deferred to RD pool for “further consideration”. I assume if we don’t hear anything before the info session (9/11), it will probably be a referral to RD.
Anyone else ED and still waiting on an II? This is painful...

Last edited:
I noticed I made a mistake on my FSU secondary and after submitted it and emailed the admissions, does anyone know how long they usually take to respond? I also have not received info about the secondary fee payment

Members don't see this ad :)
To those attending the info session this Monday, if they happen to mention another round of interviews/continuing to review ED apps please let us know! (grasping at straws)

Obviously it depends on our apps and interview performance, but has anyone by chance heard of how good your chances of acceptance are with ED once granted an interview?

Obviously it depends on our apps and interview performance, but has anyone by chance heard of how good your chances of acceptance are with ED once granted an interview?
Here's a link with 2021 data:

It's not specific to ED, but acceptance rate post II is ~55%. ED could be higher (hopefully haha, I'd like to think our chances are more than 50/50)

For ED applicants who haven’t heard anything yet- Are you assuming deferral to RD? When do you plan to start sending additional applications?

Here's a link with 2021 data:

It's not specific to ED, but acceptance rate post II is ~55%. ED could be higher (hopefully haha, I'd like to think our chances are more than 50/50)

Oh wow, thank you. That is encouraging. I wish the best for my fellow FSU ED applicants that haven't heard back yet. Much love and best wishes for you guys. Will definitely report back if there is any mention of another round during the info session.

Oh wow, thank you. That is encouraging. I wish the best for my fellow FSU ED applicants that haven't heard back yet. Much love and best wishes for you guys. Will definitely report back if there is any mention of another round during the info session.
Thank you! Hoping you have a wonderful interview!☺️

Those who received an ED II- would you care to share the MCAT score you applied with? Best wishes!

Those who received an ED II- would you care to share the MCAT score you applied with? Best wishes!

I'm a re-applicant from last cycle (RD w/ 505 MCAT 3.84 GPA). Didn't receive an II then but also applied a bit late and didn't submit my secondary until early October.

I retook the MCAT this past summer and scored a 510. I got the score back after the primary app ED deadline (had to submit without knowing my new score) so I was definitely relieved the number went up.

Reactions: 1 users
For ED applicants who haven’t heard anything yet- Are you assuming deferral to RD? When do you plan to start sending additional applications?
I am also assuming referral to RD pool. We can't send out applications to other schools until we formally hear back from FSU about a deferral/rejection via AMCAS so I am just going to pre-write secondaries until then....

Me too :( Wishing you and everyone the best with moving forward
Sorry to hear! The very best of luck to you. At least they responded much quicker than they could have -- more time to apply at more schools. Would have been much worse to have to wait until early October!

Have any other ED applicants who didn’t get an II receive a deferral email?

For those that interviewed today do you mind describing how it went? Was it chill?

For those that interviewed today do you mind describing how it went? Was it chill?
I thought it was chill. But I have honestly been driving myself crazy since the interview lol. I'm going to stay off of here until the end of September. Good luck all!

Am ED and still haven’t gotten a deferral email, where I know others have. For anybody who might’ve experienced this before, does this mean they may have not made a decision yet for an II? Kinda assumed II’s for ED was said and done.

Fingers crossed for my fellow ED people that interviewed. May this week or early next week bring many acceptances lol