2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted. (Interviews are in person this year)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acknowledgment email of them receiving my primary application. Verified 6/23

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also got the acknowledgment email today, OOS. Verified mid-June.

Verified as well, anyone else pre-writing their secondaries from the previous year?

Current M3 at Cooper (which I love so far), but also received an interview invite at Meharry. I was complete at Meharry in late September 2020 because they sent out secondaries in late September that year. And then I didn’t receive an interview invite (II) until late May!! So don’t worry if you’re waiting on a secondary still.

Also, consider applying to Cooper too even if you’re out of state (it’s in NJ, right next to Philly), PARTICULARLY if you have a strong service background! I was OOS and I still applied to Cooper and I’m so happy I chose it. I live in Philly (Center City, along with about half my classmates) and I have a 10 min train to Cooper. And it’s a smaller class size with more individualized attention and early patient interaction (all students are required to work at free community clinic). And it’s not too late to apply if you submit soon, because they truly take a holistic look at each student!

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone gotten their secondaries yet for Meharry ?

So on June 20, I got an email saying they have a very competitive pool and I am not selected for further consideration, but on July 19 I got an email verifying my primary AMCAS, and that I will receive further communication. What is going on?

Members don't see this ad :)
So on June 20, I got an email saying they have a very competitive pool and I am not selected for further consideration, but on July 19 I got an email verifying my primary AMCAS, and that I will receive further communication. What is going on?
I got the same e-mail on June 20th and I think that was from last year's application cycle

You can attach documents, I do not see any word or character limit!

1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?
  2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned about yourself from that situation.

@chilly_md

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the secondary application, OOS

Can someone explain the difference of these questions and elaborate on the options? I'm confused. The options are the same for each ranking q.
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 12.39.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 12.38.10 PM.png

In-State Secondary Received

For those who got a secondary today, when did you submit your primary?

OOS secondary received. Submitted 7/3 verified 7/25.

Any ideas on character length of the two questions?

My plan is the standard ~500 words single page response for both prompts.

same! I submitted on 6/2 and verified on 6/23 :(
Same 😭 I submitted 6/22, and was verified 7/27. I know that they screen for fit, but does anyone know if they have any hard cutoffs?

Waiting on the secondary, hope I wasn't screened out, but we still got time! Verified 7/16.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think they screen based on metrics I know a few people below the average that got one. Maybe try looking at MSAR if you don’t have access I can look and post their other preferences.

Same 😭 I submitted 6/22, and was verified 7/27. I know that they screen for fit, but does anyone know if they have any hard cutoffs?
I didn't see any hard cutoffs on MSAR

I don’t think they screen based on metrics I know a few people below the average that got one. Maybe try looking at MSAR if you don’t have access I can look and post their other preferences.
Yeah, I looked on MSAR and didn't see anything. Thank you for offering!

Didi anyone receive an email that said "thank you--we have received your 2023 AMCAS application " ---- I am confused because I thought it would say 2024 AMCAS application ?

Does anyone know if the Casper duet is required too?

Did anyone recently receive Meharry secondary ?