2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My application finally reached 6 bars!!! Hopefully I hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! I am so excited right now, I can't believe it!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats !! Did you just receive an email?
Thank you! I didn't get an email, but I was expecting some news today since my application portal reached 7 bars yesterday, so I just kept refreshing the app portal like a madman until I saw the update lol

I'm sure there will be an email later, but I haven't received it yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I attended a campus tour which was pretty interesting. Definitely made PCOM my top choice.
However, I'm still at 4 bars. Not sure how to feel about that

I attended a campus tour which was pretty interesting. Definitely made PCOM my top choice.
However, I'm still at 4 bars. Not sure how to feel about that
Did you think it was worth it to attend?

Did you think it was worth it to attend?
I think it personally helped me gain more insight into what the school offers. I met with director of admissions communication. Not sure if they were on the adcom but I definitely wanted to get my name out there and have them remember me.

for anyone who completed an in person interview, my invite says that my day starts at 11AM, is that actually true? all my other interviews started at 8am. just want to make sure

Mine started at 11am..they give you a tour and then you have lunch. After that is when the interview begin. They should have gave you a specific time for your personal interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have anyone heard anything today?
Hey,

From my own experience along with others having similar experiences, your PCOM app portal may reach 7 bars on Thursdays. That happened around 3 PM ET for me last week. If that happens, you can expect to hear back the next day on Friday.

Hey,

From my own experience along with others having similar experiences, your PCOM app portal may reach 7 bars on Thursdays. That happened around 3 PM ET for me last week. If that happens, you can expect to hear back the next day on Friday.
Thank you! I am still at 6 bars so hopefully it changes to 7 bars later today!

Still waiting for IS II from here lol, Got accepted to PCOM-SGA already but I wanna stay close to home. Submitted Secondary 6/29

Reactions: 1 users
has anyones bars completed disappeared? i already interviewed 10/18 but when i log on to the portal the whole entire thing is just gone and its a chunk of white space lol

has anyones bars completed disappeared? i already interviewed 10/18 but when i log on to the portal the whole entire thing is just gone and its a chunk of white space lol

Yeah mine did that too. It seems odd. I interviewed last week on 10/16. Do you know why this happened??

has anyone interviewed and gotten rejected after? also, for people who were accepted, how much longer after your interview did it take to get an acceptance?

has anyone interviewed and gotten rejected after? also, for people who were accepted, how much longer after your interview did it take to get an acceptance?
It took 9 days between interview and acceptance for me. If you interviewed last week, there's a chance you may reach 7 bars tomorrow and hear back Friday. I don't think they're going to reject anyone post-interview this early in the cycle

It’s been 24 days since my interview and I still have not heard back.

Accepted as well! I had a hard time making an sdn account to comment lol

I interview 10/2 and still haven't heard back :cryi: I was the last person to interview so maybe they haven't gotten to mine yet. I still only have 5 bars. It's driving me crazyyy.
Awww well at least you received an interview I'm still waiting 😫

hoping for a status change tomorrow on the portal! 10/18 interview! wishing everyone best of luck and hoping to hear about a decision on friday :)

For those of you accepted already, is the technical standards, deposit, and criminal background check all due on 12/14? Asking because I just got an email from them about completing technical standards.

Last edited:
Hey! I had the same questions, so I reached out to the adcom. Per the admissions team, the technical standards and deposit is due on 12/14. The background check will be sent out in the spring.

Should I be giving up on this school? Submitted back in early August but I’m not sure if my stats are strong enough (3.3 gpa and 503 MCAT). I have interviews at ACOM and KUCOM so I thought I had a stronger chance and I’m from FL .

Should I be giving up on this school? Submitted back in early August but I’m not sure if my stats are strong enough (3.3 gpa and 503 MCAT). I have interviews at ACOM and KUCOM so I thought I had a stronger chance and I’m from FL .
Hey, don't give up hope. I don't know about KUCOM, but PCOM GA has been moving slower than ACOM. No news is good news :)

your stats are strong enough. i was complete 7/6 and recieved an II like 2wks ago, so you should be getting one soon!

Oh wow really? That makes me feel so much better . Anyone else can attest to this as well?