2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to apply? I will probably submit my app to them the first week of November. GPA is 3.95 and MCAT is 508

It’s pretty late but wouldn’t hurt to try. Your stats are definitely good enough

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted!! (10/19)
Interviewed on 09/21!
Anybody know if there is a new student groupme, discord, or Facebook chat?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received on 10/26 LM 64. I am ecstatic!!!!
Does anyone have any interview tips?

Reactions: 1 user
II received today. Does anyone have any interview tips?

Anybody else been stuck at 4 progress bars on the application portal for months?

IS II received on 10/26 LM 64. I am ecstatic!!!!
Does anyone have any interview tips?
II received today. Does anyone have any interview tips?
Hey congrats!!! I interviewed there last month in person but still waiting for the outcome. Everyone was super nice and helpful there! I would just say be yourself and the interview was very smooth and conversational. I had a great time visiting there and it was just normal questions that you would see. Good luck yall :)

PCOM Georgia loves spamming me with campus tour invites before offering me a legitimate interview invite.

Reactions: 6 users
Got II yesterday! (Apps complete on 11/08)
Interview in-person next Dec 1st

I have too. I’m just hoping for the best but I’m not gonna weigh these emails too much cause I know everyone could be getting them

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview here but will be declining because I got sick of the open house emails that weren’t an interview invite

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
6/7 bars filled. Its only been 3 weeks since my interview but I know someone in my group that received an update within 1.5 weeks.

Congrats! Did you find out today? My portal updated to 7 bars yesterday and I haven't been ok since lol
portal updated yesterday too and still haven’t heard back yet 😭

The portal updated to 7 bars yesterday and didnt hear back today…. :(

Same. Idk what that means
Usually it’s one business day after your status gets to 7 bars where you hear back! We will find out either tomorrow or Monday

I was waitlisted. Still hopeful. When do you think is the best time to send an update letter? I was told by a current student to wait until Jan/Feb

I just got an II here. Does anyone have any tips for the interview?

Oh wow I hope I receive one today . Are you from the south ? (I currently live in FL)
Yea, I am. Very rural location so maybe that helped. I submitted my app super late and it hasn't been the 10-15 days that they said they required on the application portal.

Accepted!! (10/19)
Interviewed on 09/21!
Anybody know if there is a new student groupme, discord, or Facebook chat?
Hey hey! :) You may not receive an email regarding the class discord/Facebook until alittle later! This should come from the class chairs of the previous class, but just be on the lookout. Congrats on your acceptance and welcome to the PCOM family!!!

• Love
I was waitlisted. Still hopeful. When do you think is the best time to send an update letter? I was told by a current student to wait until Jan/Feb
I think this is a fair timeframe! I was waitlisted December 13th and pulled off the second to last week of February! So I’d try to wait and see what happens first.

Last edited:
  • Love
I think this is a fair timeframe! I was waitlisted December 13th and pulled off the second to last week of February! So I’d try to wait and see what happens first.
Yikes! I already sent an update. I honestly couldn't wait. I didn't want them looking at my application again and not seeing anything new. I started a new volunteer experience about a month before my interview. I didn't mention it at the interview just in case I needed to send an update letter.

is it worth it to still apply? I have interview invites at 2 other med schools, but i am wondering if i should go ahead and apply here as well. I know people who have applied in January to DO and still gotten in.

I thought the interview went really well but got waitlisted. Does anyone know how much movement they get on their waitlist? Disappointed with this one 😞

I thought the interview went really well but got waitlisted. Does anyone know how much movement they get on their waitlist? Disappointed with this one 😞
When did you interview

I just found out I was waitlisted as well.

ACCEPTED! First acceptance in 2 cycles. I am so grateful. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
There is a fair amount of movement all the way into July/orientation possibly. Especially after major deposit deadlines. keep the faith!

anyone know if they send out Pre II rejections earlier or do they wait till July

Can anyone let me know how nerve racking the interview is. I have one tomorrow and a little bit worried about it

Can anyone let me know how nerve racking the interview is. I have one tomorrow and a little bit worried about it
It wasnt very nervewracking at all….Just know the usual questions, why DO, why PCOM South Georgia, why in a rural school etc, other than that it was very relaxed and casual. Closed file. It only lasted about 1/2 hr then there’s a break and an informational session in the afternoon.

• Love