2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if letter of intent helps and when we will start hearing back from waitlist?
I don't know how much it actually helps, but if it is meaningful and well written then it cant hurt. I sent in an update 1 week after being waitlisted and was accepted about 3 weeks later. Not sure if this was because of the letter or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any recent acceptances for people that interviewed in December?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know how much it actually helps, but if it is meaningful and well written then it cant hurt. I sent in an update 1 week after being waitlisted and was accepted about 3 weeks later. Not sure if this was because of the letter or not.
If you feel comfortable, what did you share in your update letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply! Was this for this cycle? And do you remember approximate timeline/month of when you were taken off the waitlist?

If you feel comfortable, what did you share in your update letter?
I began new volunteer work after I submitted my primary and added that to my update letter. I volunteer with underserved survivors of stroke and brain injury so I used that to support my desire to work with underserved populations. I also mentioned the welcoming and supportive environment of the campus and how this is basically the best place for me to fulfill my goals.

Thanks for the reply! Was this for this cycle? And do you remember approximate timeline/month of when you were taken off the waitlist?
You're welcome! Yes this was for this cycle. I was waitlisted on 12/4/23, submitted an update on 12/13/23 and was accepted on 1/5/24.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! I submitted in September and still havent heard anything back ? Whats the chances of a late II? Would a letter of interest potentially help? Im starting to wish I applied to another campus instead lolll

You're welcome! Yes this was for this cycle. I was waitlisted on 12/4/23, submitted an update on 12/13/23 and was accepted on 1/5/24.
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your updates and timeline.

Are comfortable sharing your stats?

I just got accepted off of the waitlist. Interviewed mid December and waitlisted in January!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted off of the waitlist. Interviewed mid December and waitlisted in January!!
Congratulations on your acceptance. Did you receive an email? Also did you send letter of intent.

Yes email and I sent a letter of interest

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted! I also got off of the waitlist on Feb 1st. Did not send any letters of intent/interest, but was coming very close to it.

I wanted to ask, has a group chat already been created for accepted students? Or is anyone even interested in such a thing? Would be nice to connect with everyone further.

Congrats to everyone accepted! I also got off of the waitlist on Feb 1st. Did not send any letters of intent/interest, but was coming very close to it.

I wanted to ask, has a group chat already been created for accepted students? Or is anyone even interested in such a thing? Would be nice to connect with everyone further.
Congrats and yes also interested if there is one!

Just got placed on the WL today. Anyone know what the movement is like?

Has anyone been rejected yet? I sent my application in last June and still haven’t heard anything?

I haven't seen any rejection, I am not sure if they reject people right away or if everybody gets placed on the waitlist after their interview

I’m sure some people have been rejected. We just haven’t seen anyone mention it on sdn.

Are they still sending out IIs? I've been at 4 bars since October, but just recently submitted an update letter with a much improved MCAT (500-509). Hoping I can still score an interview.

Does anyone recommend to interview in person or virtual? Trying to figure out if I should spend $400 for a flight.

Does anyone that’s accepted know how you make the second deposit for your seat before April 15th? Is there a place on the portal to pay it or do they send a link?

Does anyone that’s accepted know how you make the second deposit for your seat before April 15th? Is there a place on the portal to pay it or do they send a link?
On the portal

Anyone know how big the class size is or how many spots there are for the SGA campus?

I was placed on the waitlist in Feb and still haven't heard anything back.

If anyone has tips for the interview please let me know to message me 🥺 this is my first interview ever in 2 application cycles

If anyone has tips for the interview please let me know to message me 🥺 this is my first interview ever in 2 application
Try to speaking slowly so you don't go out in 15 min. Prepare at least 3 questions for them after they have asked all the interview questions.

For WL, was anyone told when they would begin accepting off the WL? or if we can inquire when we can expect to hear anything?

It seems like they are placing everyone on the waiting list after their interview

For WL, was anyone told when they would begin accepting off the WL? or if we can inquire when we can expect to hear anything?
After April 15th we should see movement, most likely May 1st