2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AACOMAS was submitted in early-mid June, paid the secondary fee on 6/29. LM 69, non-trad with a masters that wasn't a SMP
Gives me hope! I’m graduating from my masters in May and it’s not an SMP, hoping it’ll help!

Members don't see this ad :)
any interview tips or info on what the vibes are like during the interview?
I interviewed recently in person. Everyone was really nice. The interviewers weren't grilling me or anything. It really was like a normal conversation—they're just trying to get a feel for who you are and what you can bring to the school. The dean was especially nice and energetic, and it seems like she really cares about the school's students and she takes their feedback into account for any changes. I don't have any complaints about it overall, seems like a great school.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed recently in person. Everyone was really nice. The interviewers weren't grilling me or anything. It really was like a normal conversation—they're just trying to get a feel for who you are and what you can bring to the school. The dean was especially nice and energetic, and it seems like she really cares about the school's students and she takes their feedback into account for any changes. I don't have any complaints about it overall, seems like a great school.
Does PCOM do an MMI format for interviews or is it just one interview?

Thank you in advance!!

is it just me or are less people hearing back from PCOM GA compared to other schools? might just be me

Does PCOM do an MMI format for interviews or is it just one interview?

Thank you in advance!!
It's just one closed file, 30-minute traditional interview. No problem!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
what does 6 bars mean?

That you have completed your interview and they are making a final decision. Once it reaches 7 bars, that means they will send your admissions decision! (Post on the portal first, and then send an email)

My portal just reached 7 bars, but I don't see a decision anywhere. Anyone else who interviewed having this same issue? Thinking it could just be a glitch

10/02…didn’t get an email yet, just checked the portal

When I interviewed a few days ago, they told me the admissions committee would be meeting for the first time this week and will continue releasing decisions every week from now on. So the people who interviewed early on should start getting decisions soon!
Got the A this morning!!!
Congrats, you're going to be a doctor!

When I interviewed a few days ago, they told me the admissions committee would be meeting for the first time this week and will continue releasing decisions every week from now on. So the people who interviewed early on should start getting decisions soon!

Congrats, you're going to be a doctor!
Thank you!! Feels so good to know that. You’re definitely going to get in too!

Thank you!! Feels so good to know that. You’re definitely going to get in too!
Thanks! Sounds like they were reviewing 10/2 interviewees, but I actually interviewed 10/4 so maybe I'll hear back in this upcoming week.

Good luck on the rest of your cycle too!

Does anyone know if accepting PCOM's offer of admission is binding? I emailed them a couple of days ago but haven't heard back yet

Does anyone know if accepting PCOM's offer of admission is binding? I emailed them a couple of days ago but haven't heard back yet
It's not binding. From what I understand, the AACOMAS traffic rules give you until May 1st, 2024 to only hold 1 DO acceptance, and schools can't require your deposit and other matriculation stuff until December 14th. Accepting their admissions offer right now is basically like saying "Yes I'm still interested in you" instead of you committing to anything.

It's not binding. From what I understand, the AACOMAS traffic rules give you until May 1st, 2024 to only hold 1 DO acceptance, and schools can't require your deposit and other matriculation stuff until December 14th. Accepting their admissions offer right now is basically like saying "Yes I'm still interested in you" instead of you committing to anything.
Oh dang, only 1? That’s crazy. Thank you though this helps a lot!

Oh dang, only 1? That’s crazy. Thank you though this helps a lot!
You can have as many as you want before then! You've just got to narrow it down to your favorite by May or schools can move on to other applicants.

Does anyone think they’re going to send out more interviews? I can’t tell if they just started sending them or not. I’m a little apprehensive that my stats are holding me back from receiving an interview (3.3 gpa, 3.1 sGPA, 503 MCAT)

Does anyone think they’re going to send out more interviews? I can’t tell if they just started sending them or not. I’m a little apprehensive that my stats are holding me back from receiving an interview (3.3 gpa, 3.1 sGPA, 503 MCAT)
theres no way they are done sending IIs, i submitted 7/6 and still have not heard back

Yeah you’re right. Just seems like there hasn’t been a lot sent out. It could also just be my application and where I’m from too (FL)

Yeah you’re right. Just seems like there hasn’t been a lot sent out. It could also just be my application and where I’m from too (FL)
yeah i feel the same way. it just seems dead in the app cycle rn, all the schools im watching arent sending out IIs either

yeah i feel the same way. it just seems dead in the app cycle rn, all the schools im watching arent sending out IIs either

Hopefully it speeds up . I have two other DO interviews and 1 MD but I’m hoping to interview more for a greater net of options

Those of you from Georgia or nearby, what is your top choice DO? I feel like PCOM GA is mine because it's associated with PCOM, one of the founding DO schools, and it has a great location near Atlanta. Also it has a good match list and optional attendance for lecture.

I want to stay near family in the southeast so I feel like this is the best DO school in the region. Either this one or VCOM Auburn, not sure. But I didn't apply to VCOM because of their controversies, mandatory attendance, worse location, hectic exam schedule, etc.

Those of you from Georgia or nearby, what is your top choice DO? I feel like PCOM GA is mine because it's associated with PCOM, one of the founding DO schools, and it has a great location near Atlanta. Also it has a good match list and optional attendance for lecture.

I want to stay near family in the southeast so I feel like this is the best DO school in the region. Either this one or VCOM Auburn, not sure. But I didn't apply to VCOM because of their controversies, mandatory attendance, worse location, hectic exam schedule, etc.
I live not too far from PCOM, for me it’s either PCOM GA or Mercer!

I interview 10/2 and still haven't heard back :cryi: I was the last person to interview so maybe they haven't gotten to mine yet. I still only have 5 bars. It's driving me crazyyy.

I interview 10/2 and still haven't heard back :cryi: I was the last person to interview so maybe they haven't gotten to mine yet. I still only have 5 bars. It's driving me crazyyy.
Yeah I'm kind of going crazy here too. If they are only meeting once per week I assume we'll hear back on Friday since that's when the first round of decisions came out last week.

If you have already interviewed though it should be at 6 bars. Anyway good luck to everyone hoping for good news this week!

That’s weird! I interviewed but my bars never changed from 5 to 6 🥲…

Application portal just reached 7 bars! I assume that means they've made the decision but I don't have access to it yet. Anxiously awaiting now lol

Reactions: 4 users
Applied August 1 and was complete sometime mid-August. OOS II today!